New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 204 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Here are mine:
    1. When you start the engine, you feel (more often than not) a thud as if the engine hits the chasis or the body.
    2. When running with auto, the auto upshift gear is felt by a dragging feeling as if "nabitin" ang shift. Note, it is not the downshif (which is normal). but i do understand that the auto transmission will downshift if you push the accelator pedal down. I recommmned you to use the sportronic manual shift for GLS SE.
    3. The engine is too noisy at 1500 rpm.
    4. Do not put the standard rear spoiler. It will only create an acumulation of dirt on the rear mirror/window

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa akin naman ok Gls se din so far maayos, tanging reklamo lang nang nasa likod malakas daw aircon giniginaw sila

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wala akong MS pero agree ako sa #3. Maingay yung makina ng Montero Sport kulang sa refinement... Yung neighbor sa tapat namin merong GLS 4X4 and nagigising ako lagi when they turn on the engine and warm it up...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    *easyman3,
    I'm having as well issue # 1. Minsan meron din ako naririnig slight "thud" sound upon starting the engine.. Parang sa baba galing eh. Napacheck mo na ba sa casa?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    btw, mali spelling ng Montero Sport sa title.

Quote Originally Posted by easyman3 View Post
    Here are mine:
    1. When you start the engine, you feel (more often than not) a thud as if the engine hits the chasis or the body.
    2. When running with auto, the auto upshift gear is felt by a dragging feeling as if "nabitin" ang shift. Note, it is not the downshif (which is normal). but i do understand that the auto transmission will downshift if you push the accelator pedal down. I recommmned you to use the sportronic manual shift for GLS SE.
    3. The engine is too noisy at 1500 rpm.
    4. Do not put the standard rear spoiler. It will only create an acumulation of dirt on the rear mirror/window
    As for the engine noise, some deadening material and muffler *might* fix that.

for the #1, #2 & #3, mukhang sira yung sasakyan mo bro. Baka lemon unit. Papalitan mo sa Mitsu habang maaga. Tell them the Thai workers might be f*cking up the products because of the turmoil and social discontent. Same thing American workers do with American cars.

Good thing, di sya biglang tumitirik.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i agree, you must have gotten a lemon unit...balik mo sa casa

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    kaya pala mahirap makabalik ang mitsubishi sa US dahil sa bad quality control nila...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hindi naman siguro bad quality control. May margin of error talaga sa production so baka yung kay Easyman, isa sa mga na-error.

Under pressure din kasi sila na ilabas agad sa market ang pantapat nila sa Toyota Fortuner, KIA Sorento at Ford Everest which have been enjoying good sales.

Papalitan naman siguro yan ng mitsubishi.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Hindi naman siguro bad quality control. May margin of error talaga sa production so baka yung kay Easyman, isa sa mga na-error.

Under pressure din kasi sila na ilabas agad sa market ang pantapat nila sa Toyota Fortuner, KIA Sorento at Ford Everest which have been enjoying good sales.

Papalitan naman siguro yan ng mitsubishi.
    sir let us say na those who got lemon units will follow your advice...

should we just go to the casa and say we want to exchange the unit? or is there a better way of doing it so the casa will permit the exchange.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    btw, mali spelling ng Montero Sport sa title.

As for the engine noise, some deadening material and muffler *might* fix that.

for the #1, #2 & #3, mukhang sira yung sasakyan mo bro. Baka lemon unit. Papalitan mo sa Mitsu habang maaga. Tell them the Thai workers might be f*cking up the products because of the turmoil and social discontent. Same thing American workers do with American cars.

Good thing, di sya biglang tumitirik.

Ngeks....nakakatakot tuloy bumili ng Mitsu MS. Ok pa naman sana yung 4x3 at Php1.3M. Na ayos na kaya ng Mitsu yung quality control issues ng kotse nila. Pinagpipili-an pa naman namin whether to buy the Mitsu MS 4x2 or the Toyota Fortuner na 2.7 VVTi.......Alin kaya mas ok.....

Page 1 of 204 123451151101 ... LastLast
ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.