New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 125 of 204 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2037
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Good morning, new here in Tsikot and owner of GLX AT got last April. Ano po yung remedyo na ginawa nyo dun annoying sound caused by clock spring sa steering wheel. Medyo nakakairita lalo na turning left or right. Salamat.

[QUOTE=wyeshua;2355693]
    Quote Originally Posted by miggymontero View Post
    mga sirs, bumalik uli yung issue ko sa steering wheel. meron squeaking sound when turning left or right dinala ko sa casa kanina and ang sabi ng SA sa clock spring daw yung problem and matinding baklasan daw ang gagawin then ang suggestion nila iwan ko daw yung unit para daw ma-diagnose ng maayus. medyo kinabahan ako dun dahil iiwan. baka lalong magka-problem.

nag back read ako ng mga posts dito and eventually nawala naman daw yun ganitong issue sa kanila without sending it to casa. just for a peace of mind, pwede ba ito i-diy or leave it as is na lang until mawala?[/QU

na-try mo na sir itaas baba yung manibela, taas baba ginawa ko sakin,nawala rin..sagad sa taas kasi manibela ko, binabaan ko approx. half inch,nawala squeak/lagutok, after few uses binalik sagad ko taas,,nawala na squeak/lagutok.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Good Afternoon Monty owners who had experienced leaks on their shock absorbers, i was cleaning our Monty last week, and i noticed upon cleaning yun portion ng shocks/ coil spring on the Front / Right side of the car, may leak ng oil. is this common issue sa Monty?

The next day, lucky it was Saturday, i immediately went sa nearest Mitsu dealer, and inquire about this. SA told me, they will check .
    After several hours. SA advised they will replace the shock absorber at no cost ( was happy they have parts available for it).

I only used our Monty weekend/ once a week ( office /home). not sure what caused that oil leak on the shock absorber?
    Looks like you must always check for oil leaks on your MOnty's shock absorber, once in a while, mine is 8 month old

TIA.......

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by matiase View Post
    Good Afternoon Monty owners who had experienced leaks on their shock absorbers, i was cleaning our Monty last week, and i noticed upon cleaning yun portion ng shocks/ coil spring on the Front / Right side of the car, may leak ng oil. is this common issue sa Monty?

The next day, lucky it was Saturday, i immediately went sa nearest Mitsu dealer, and inquire about this. SA told me, they will check .
    After several hours. SA advised they will replace the shock absorber at no cost ( was happy they have parts available for it).

I only used our Monty weekend/ once a week ( office /home). not sure what caused that oil leak on the shock absorber?
    Looks like you must always check for oil leaks on your MOnty's shock absorber, once in a while, mine is 8 month old

TIA.......
    Hi Sir Matiase, would you be kind enough to share some pics on which part did you see the oil leaks?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008

Baka defective yung front shocks mo kaya nag leak at pinalitan naman without question coz your rig's still under warranty? My monty is going 6 years already, and so far the front shocks are still OK, only rear shocks was replaced during the 50,000 km PMS.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by miggymontero View Post
    Hi Sir Matiase, would you be kind enough to share some pics on which part did you see the oil leaks?
    Sure Sir, will try to take a photo on the area(nasa loob kasi) , if there is a leak on the shock absorber, di mo ma-noticed , kung hindi mo kakapain or hahawakan yun portion ng shocks/ at based ng coil spring, try to touch lang Sir yun portion ng inside ng coil spring at ska yun shocks. pag may leak, magkakaroon ng oil ang kamay mo Sir, at kung walang leak, malinis yun portion na yun, just some dust , etc.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Baka defective yung front shocks mo kaya nag leak at pinalitan naman without question coz your rig's still under warranty? My monty is going 6 years already, and so far the front shocks are still OK, only rear shocks was replaced during the 50,000 km PMS.
    Siguro nga sir, kasi 8 months pa lang Sir MOnty ko, for the last 8 months, ako nag lilinis, everytime nag lilinis ako, nakakapa ko kasi yun sa may coil spring at shock, but only last week ko lang napansin yun leak , so malamang mahina / defective yun shocks ( based sa invoice, shocks cost 2k plus PHP, free naman labor at parts, kasi under warranty)

Just wanted to share my experience, kasi kung di mo talaga kakapain or hahawakan yun shocks/ coil spring area, di mo papansin na may leak.

Good thing, na-noticed it kaagad, kaya dinala ko na kakaagad sa Mitsu dealer, happy naman at napalitan kaagad. Kasi iniisip ko kung di mo mapapansin yun leak, at with everyday use, with the weather sa atin, rain, baha,na dinadaanan natin, yun area will be soaked with water at dumi, matatakpan yun leaked na oil, at baka di mo na ma-notice na leaked na pala shocks. Better to check it once in a while, lalo na pag under warranty pa Monty

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Siguro nga sir, kasi 8 months pa lang Sir MOnty ko, for the last 8 months, ako nag lilinis, everytime nag lilinis ako, nakakapa ko kasi yun sa may coil spring at shock, but only last week ko lang napansin yun leak , so malamang mahina / defective yun shocks ( based sa invoice, shocks cost 2k plus PHP, free naman labor at parts, kasi under warranty)

Just wanted to share my experience, kasi kung di mo talaga kakapain or hahawakan yun shocks/ coil spring area, di mo papansin na may leak.

Good thing, na-noticed it kaagad, kaya dinala ko na kakaagad sa Mitsu dealer, happy naman at napalitan kaagad. Kasi iniisip ko kung di mo mapapansin yun leak, at with everyday use, with the weather sa atin, rain, baha,na dinadaanan natin, yun area will be soaked with water at dumi, matatakpan yun leaked na oil, at baka di mo na ma-notice na leaked na pala shocks. Better to check it once in a while, lalo na pag under warranty pa Monty
    Happened to me within a year of owning our Monty 2011 MY. But the reason for that was I ended up taking a rough road at a higher speed that I should have or just hit a nasty bump at a high speed.

But they also honored the warranty. I wouldn't call it a defect but maybe something similar might have happened in your case since the shocks weren't leaking before .

For now, I'm still using the replacement shocks. Comfort wise I see no change really and I always request them to tighten suspension every 5k pms check. No leaks found as well til now almost 3 years after the change as I was more careful in driving the car on national roads. =)

8. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Happened to me within a year of owning our Monty 2011 MY. But the reason for that was I ended up taking a rough road at a higher speed that I should have or just hit a nasty bump at a high speed.

But they also honored the warranty. I wouldn't call it a defect but maybe something similar might have happened in your case since the shocks weren't leaking before .

For now, I'm still using the replacement shocks. Comfort wise I see no change really and I always request them to tighten suspension every 5k pms check. No leaks found as well til now almost 3 years after the change as I was more careful in driving the car on national roads. =)
    Thank you Sir, i believe every PMS, the suspension are being checked by casa, probably, but I don't remember hitting a nasty bump, anyways, everything is fixed. Happy it was replaced on the same day, it was done on the same day i went to the Mitsu Dealer.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thank you Sir, i believe every PMS, the suspension are being checked by casa, probably, but I don't remember hitting a nasty bump, anyways, everything is fixed. Happy it was replaced on the same day, it was done on the same day i went to the Mitsu Dealer.
    Sir, may napapansin ba kayong unusual sound sa monty nyo nung may defective shocks kayo. Been hearing a "kalansing" - parang bell na tunog everytime na nalulubak. Wala naman ako nakakikitang leak, pero baka kelangan kong kapain. Pinatighten at greasing ko yung pang-ilalim ko last PMS pero ganun pa rin eh. Any comment on that?

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    Sir, may napapansin ba kayong unusual sound sa monty nyo nung may defective shocks kayo. Been hearing a "kalansing" - parang bell na tunog everytime na nalulubak. Wala naman ako nakakikitang leak, pero baka kelangan kong kapain. Pinatighten at greasing ko yung pang-ilalim ko last PMS pero ganun pa rin eh. Any comment on that?
    Have you checked your tools compartment?
    When you mentioned kalansing iniisip ko yung butterfly nut na naglock sa jack in place. Dati kasi nalimutan nung driver namin ibalik ng mabuti yung jack with the nut kaya ayun, nawala sa loob ng body yung nut.

It might be as simple as that but it might not be.

Regarding naging issue ko when the shocks were "failing", medyo pansin yung road imperfections even when I deflated the tires to 30 front, 34 rear. Standard pressure ko kasi is 32 front 36 rear which medyo maenchance niya yung feel sa road dahil mas matigas yung gulong. Pero once the shocks start to fail, medyo mas ramdam mo yung road imperfections talaga which is not normal.Kaya ko naman pinacheck agad suspension ko when that happened.

ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.