New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 53 of 204 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    The car manufacturers have too much funds to lobby for not passing the law. Knowing our congress, they can vote against it for a penny. Look at the second hand cars where our poor kababayan can afford is being stoped by Malacanang. Subic is closed. Port irene is closed. So second hand cars are now expensive. It is like buying new.

Villar? common!!! car manufacturers will just refund his expense in the election and its done deal.....

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    The car manufacturers have too much funds to lobby for not passing the law. Knowing our congress, they can vote against it for a penny. Look at the second hand cars where our poor kababayan can afford is being stoped by Malacanang. Subic is closed. Port irene is closed. So second hand cars are now expensive. It is like buying new.

Villar? common!!! car manufacturers will just refund his expense in the election and its done deal.....

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by surg View Post
    it's been a long time since i posted here. tanong ko lang po: yun montero ko (Nov.,2009), pumapasok usok ng ibang sasakyan at alikabok. pati amoy ng canal na nadaanan pumapasok din . anybody here experience this in their montero? pinatignan ko na sa casa dito sa province namin and they claimed sinara na nila aircon vents pero ganun pa din. advise from fellow montero owners would be highly appreciated
    same problem here. 2009 model GLSE. Read all my post and a thread "issues for montero sport". they also closed my vents but still the smell is comming in.

This is what i noticed. If you put the air flow into auto and you start the engine, the computer will open the vents so that cool air will enter the cabin. Thus, you will hear and feel a strong air blower. I tested this by burning a charcoal with so much smoke under the engine and then i start it with aouto air flow. It sucked all the smoke inside the cabin. TERRIBLE!! I tried to put off the auto air flow and the smoked is lessened.

Second thing. The aicon at the rear. DO NOT USE IT FOR A MONTH and you will notice a lessend smoke smell.

Third thing. Hang a newly washed clothes with softener inside the cabin and after 3 to 5 days, it will smell like a guy shirt who took the jeep for a ride.

Fourth. put off the auto mode and hang another shirt, The smell will be lessened.

Fiifth. Do all my advice and the shirt will still smell like you rode on a jeep. try this with your other car (mine is RAV4), It wonth smell even for a month. i hang my coats inside my rav a lot. It smelled like a new car for even 2 months.

NOTICE THIS. Pull off the step guard plastic on the door. You will see the pin hole for the clip. Look at it closer and you will see the pavement of the cement floor of your garage or of your feet. With my RAV4, there is a second wall that protects the pinhole from mud or water. SO, if the pin is loosened, the cabin sucks all smoke and whatever the road gives. Notica also around the pinhole. there are already signs that water and dust did came in.

Solution? undercoat it with thickone. Also, slose the air vent. do not use auto. do not use rear aircon. sell your monty. any buyer? mine is 2009 GLSE. This will be rare because they will not produce GLSE anymore. Cheers

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    bro zeph madalas mangyari sakin to halos walang hatak at puting puti ang usok..sa tingin ko mali ang timing ng pagshift ng gears ng a/t natin...

nangyayari yan pag nasa 3rd gear (D) at kailangan mong umarangkada, try mo ilagay agad sa sports mode sabay downshift sa 2nd gear

or rev ka muna ng konti para magdownshift sa 2nd

ganyan kasi sa scooter ko dati parehas sila ng technique
    sounds like the scv problem is about to affect you, this is the same symptoms i noticed just before the engine died on me, then i called the dealer's attention on the scv problem which is common to the MS and the strada.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Wow, with all the issues I see here mukhang nakakatakot na bumili ng Montero...

If I'm gonna shell out over a million for a car tapos ganyan kadami ang problems, eh it's not worth it na.

How come ang mga Hyundai diesel wala masyadong issues? What I notice is Montero and Foruner ang daming issues. Would gassing up with the new diesels from Shell and Petron help out?

I'm looking at buying an SUV by year end for my family, and we have our heart set on the Montero. But with all the issues being shown here, I am now having second thoughts...

Mukhang mas ok pa mag gas engine na CUV ah...

Please advise me if worth it pa rin ba mag Montero or hanap na lang sa ibang brands? I've had Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, never Mitsubishi. If ever I buy Monty, it would be my first Mitsubishi.

Should I still push through? Mukhang grabe ang sama ng loob ni easyman sa Monty niya eh... Kakatakot...

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGunn View Post
    Wow, with all the issues I see here mukhang nakakatakot na bumili ng Montero...

If I'm gonna shell out over a million for a car tapos ganyan kadami ang problems, eh it's not worth it na.

How come ang mga Hyundai diesel wala masyadong issues? What I notice is Montero and Foruner ang daming issues. Would gassing up with the new diesels from Shell and Petron help out?

I'm looking at buying an SUV by year end for my family, and we have our heart set on the Montero. But with all the issues being shown here, I am now having second thoughts...

Mukhang mas ok pa mag gas engine na CUV ah...

Please advise me if worth it pa rin ba mag Montero or hanap na lang sa ibang brands? I've had Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, never Mitsubishi. If ever I buy Monty, it would be my first Mitsubishi.

Should I still push through? Mukhang grabe ang sama ng loob ni easyman sa Monty niya eh... Kakatakot...
    But my casa C5 mitsu, courtesy of ronie, did their best to solved the problem. the pinhole is coverred with undercoat. I am happy with them.
    Cheers ronnie. You are my man.

On the good side, i love the performance compared to my previous car. Puro sedan and mini suv kasi dati ko car ahehehehe....

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    sounds like the scv problem is about to affect you, this is the same symptoms i noticed just before the engine died on me, then i called the dealer's attention on the scv problem which is common to the MS and the strada.
    sir sa awa ng diyos hindi naman lumala ang problem sa tingin ko gamayan lang ang pagdrive ng monty, hindi to katulad ng sports car na ikaw ang masusunod kundi ikaw ang susunod

basta rev na lang muna above 2k rpm para gumana turbo then arangkada na!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Musta mga Monty Owners? I posted my problem last time regarding the Lag on the acceleration of my Monty. Then recently, Guys I have to tell you this, kasi kahit gustong-gusto ko performance ng Monty ko, I became so disappointed with it. Just the other day, after exiting the carpark in Festival Mall, I suddenly felt a "thud" sound underneath the Right Front area of the engine. Then after just 1-2 secs, the "engine warm-up" indicator in the dashboard lit up, then after that was the "Check Oil" indicator. Then syempre kinabahan ako, so in split second, naghazard na ako tapos tinabi ko. Then after a second na naman, BIGLA NA LANG NAGLOCK ANG STEERING WHEEL, AND ALL THE WARNING INDICATORS LIT UP THEN THE ENGINE STOPPED OR WENT OFF. At that time, I knew I was experiencing my worst for my SUV--- MY MONTY STALLED. Buti na lang di pa ko nakalabas sa Highway. So what I did was, I Turned off the ignition, then restarted the engine. Buti naman at nakauwi din ko. I was so disappointed with what happened.... Paano na lang kung nasa highway ako nun... Anyway, I am asking all of you for your advice on this matter, kasi definitely papa-check ko sa casa. Thanks a lot Guys!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    D4-D Toyota like symptoms... Better have that checked in the dealership...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    Musta mga Monty Owners? I posted my problem last time regarding the Lag on the acceleration of my Monty. Then recently, Guys I have to tell you this, kasi kahit gustong-gusto ko performance ng Monty ko, I became so disappointed with it. Just the other day, after exiting the carpark in Festival Mall, I suddenly felt a "thud" sound underneath the Right Front area of the engine. Then after just 1-2 secs, the "engine warm-up" indicator in the dashboard lit up, then after that was the "Check Oil" indicator. Then syempre kinabahan ako, so in split second, naghazard na ako tapos tinabi ko. Then after a second na naman, BIGLA NA LANG NAGLOCK ANG STEERING WHEEL, AND ALL THE WARNING INDICATORS LIT UP THEN THE ENGINE STOPPED OR WENT OFF. At that time, I knew I was experiencing my worst for my SUV--- MY MONTY STALLED. Buti na lang di pa ko nakalabas sa Highway. So what I did was, I Turned off the ignition, then restarted the engine. Buti naman at nakauwi din ko. I was so disappointed with what happened.... Paano na lang kung nasa highway ako nun... Anyway, I am asking all of you for your advice on this matter, kasi definitely papa-check ko sa casa. Thanks a lot Guys!
    this was happen to me this one time but not totaly na huminto pero humina ang power niya the culprit is SCV is dirty mean dirty diesel i think take your Monty ASAP sa casa for check-up its dangerous under warranty pa naman yan grin:

ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.