New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 52 of 204 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    Musta mga Monty owners? I only read Mitsu threads once in a while. Laki kasi tulong ng ideas nyo. I just want to share yung recently nangyayari sa Monty ko. 2X na kasi nangyari sa amin sa Pangasinan. In each incident, after idling for around 15-20minutes, within distance of 100-200m, grabe ang lag sa acceleration. As in! Mas mabilis nga yung tricycle e. Tpos pansin namin lakas ng puting usok na lumalabas sa xhaust pipe. Delikado nga eh kasi I had to push the hazard button at nagflash ako para malaman ng kasalubong kong mga trucks. Nangyari na ba sa inyo yun? My Monty is 2.5 GLS 4x2 A/T 2010.
    :mad:
    bro zeph madalas mangyari sakin to halos walang hatak at puting puti ang usok..sa tingin ko mali ang timing ng pagshift ng gears ng a/t natin...

nangyayari yan pag nasa 3rd gear (D) at kailangan mong umarangkada, try mo ilagay agad sa sports mode sabay downshift sa 2nd gear

or rev ka muna ng konti para magdownshift sa 2nd

ganyan kasi sa scooter ko dati parehas sila ng technique

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Same din status nung nilagay ko sa Sports Mode eh kaya kaasar hehe , same din ang lag. Pero mukhang sa Time differential nga siguro yun bro JJGF. Anyway lapit na ko magpaPMS. Pero for all those who read this issue for the Monty, I advise na iwasan ang matagal na idling, yun kasi ang common factor sa 2x na incident ko e. Tsaka siguro patayin muna makina after prolonged idling (Dunno tho if that really helps).

:****:

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hhhmmm sa akin magresponse naman agad ang makina pag nagdownshift...kaya yun ang ginagawa ko pag ayaw humatak

baka papunta na din sa ganyan

madalas mangyari yan pag dahandahan ka nag accelerate eh..

minsan naman yung sinasabi nila na turbo lag na habang nasa 1,500 at 1,900rpm walang hatak pero pag umabot na sa 2,000rpm biglang sisibat

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hello fellow Monty owners, we have a 4x2 GLS A/T Monterosport turning 1 year old this November, I just have a query to other owners who also experience a Squealing sound from inside the passenger cab, I had Citimotors check the brakes and the steering based on the issues of the montero posted by others owners here but to no avail they couldn't find the culprit... It happens in stop and go traffic and when I am braking down-hill, but it also happens out of the blue when I am accelerating... I am scared that this could lead to a serious issue, please help.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    *JJGF/Bounce
    Bro, tawagin natin si Kap. Papost natin dito. At si sir Lito rin. At si sir JP. Mas maraming MSCP na magpopost sa thread na ito, mas makakatulong. We should keep this thread alive.

Is it just me, or is it na yung mahina humatak below 2k RPM is just confined to the 2.5 Montys? And napansin ko, yung mga GLS model na 2.5 kahit idling mausok.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^^Sir Maybe you can also compare it to the M/T 2.5 monty owners for more clarification....I have a feeling that it has something to do with the Automatic transmission....

i've said it because according to my mechanic in one of the dealers....he also encounters weird things in the transmission when he is servicing some montys, just like what is currently trending in this thread....there this one time also that he told me about a certain monty that cannot be shifted to reverse....so it was really a hard time for them fixing it...hehe....imagine he had to call the other guys just to park it in the lifter...hehe....and luckily he said, they were able to fix it before the dealership closes ...he said something about the way it was engaging is the culprit....
    Last edited by locoroco777; September 18th, 2010 at 11:13 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Hello fellow Monty owners, we have a 4x2 GLS A/T Monterosport turning 1 year old this November, I just have a query to other owners who also experience a Squealing sound from inside the passenger cab, I had Citimotors check the brakes and the steering based on the issues of the montero posted by others owners here but to no avail they couldn't find the culprit... It happens in stop and go traffic and when I am braking down-hill, but it also happens out of the blue when I am accelerating... I am scared that this could lead to a serious issue, please help.
    squealing sa steering yan.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    *JJGF/Bounce
    Bro, tawagin natin si Kap. Papost natin dito. At si sir Lito rin. At si sir JP. Mas maraming MSCP na magpopost sa thread na ito, mas makakatulong. We should keep this thread alive.

Is it just me, or is it na yung mahina humatak below 2k RPM is just confined to the 2.5 Montys? And napansin ko, yung mga GLS model na 2.5 kahit idling mausok.
    Let's keep this thread alive. We are helping people make a good choice. My sister bought a montero 4x4 manual despite my comments of my lemon Monty.
    I created this thread because of my frustration and people and mitsu admin will learn from us . The new units have corrected some of our issues like the ****ing key remote. Oops sorry.

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by auroraoffroader View Post
    Sa aking palagay lang po, na yung thud sound ay ang ppaglipat po kasi ng power ng engine sa transmission to the differential, (maybe further explain by the gurus here) kaya po maeexperience ito when engine start or accelaerating and decelerating. medyo malakas po kasi ang torque ng engine, specially the 3.2 engine.

as for me po experience ko sya sa strada namin kc 3.2 engine sya, as for my 3 weeks old 2.5 monty wala naman po experience na ganun. well, monty gls 2.5 automatic is really a great deal, little understeer, ok land SUV naman, ride is very good, not wallowy ride, not jittery either. nice ride on unpaved roads. Just one thing, IT REALLY HAS A MAJOR TURBO LAG, but livable, thats all. tnx.
    Quote Originally Posted by sag0 View Post
    i agree... turbo lag below 1800rpm. then above that you'll instantly feel the torque kick in.
    These problem sucks. Mitsu can't seem to correct since 2009 models like mine. In US, things like this get recalled with government help. Here, govt officials really sucks too. Oops sorry again

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by easyman3 View Post
    These problem sucks. Mitsu can't seem to correct since 2009 models like mine. In US, things like this get recalled with government help. Here, govt officials really sucks too. Oops sorry again
    nabasa ko sa jaryo nung isang araw na si Villar is trying to pass the lemon law against automotive manufacturers.

ISSUES FOR THE MONTERO SPORT. Please post them here.