New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    pinagisipan ko rin yung hilux pero pag nicompare mo yung specs mas marami lamang ang Strada. Parang ang counterpart ng strada GLX e yung Hilux G Variant, pero sa price ang laki ng difference kasi nasa 1M+ na yung G Variant samantalang yung GLX 900K+ pero malamang by october papalo na rin siya ng 1M with the pending yet another price increase ng Strada.

HTH

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Sir, tama ka sa sinabi sa comparison ng strada at hilux sa specs...Anung year ba release yung strada glx 4x2 m/t?

bagong release po ba yan?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    ah ganun ba sir, so you mean sir bagong labas ba ang GLX 2.5 m/t?

year 2011 ba ito labas? or 2009 or 2010?

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by X_Bow_823 View Post
    BRAKE:

Both have front ventilated discs and rear leading-trailing drums. It was mentioned in one forum that the Hilux / Fortuner experience brake fading / failure, whereas the Strada / Montero Sport has none, yet.

Take note that both models have ABS but only the Strada has EBD.

Verdict: +1 Strada
    The Strada GLX doesn't have an ABS nor EBD. It's a bare model. It also looks "PIKI" due to the small tires. and those small tires on a large body doesn't sum up to good braking and handling.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    The Strada GLX doesn't have an ABS nor EBD. It's a bare model. It also looks "PIKI" due to the small tires. and those small tires on a large body doesn't sum up to good braking and handling.

ah ganun po ba sir so you mmean sir na mas maganda ang hilux? kasi yung abs hilux G sya meron which is medyo mahal na nasa 1m

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    My uncle got a 2010 Hilux E which I got to use, then I turned around and bought a 2.5 GLX Strada. So I got 1st hand experience, but with the 2010 models. Aside from what was mentioned, I'd like to add:

1. The Hilux body length is officially at 5255mm, versus the Strada at 5040. to compare, the Dmax is 4995, while the old Isuzu Fuego was 4980. If you are the type who likes your pickup to be extra large (american truck type), the Hilux is extra large, even longer than the Navarra which is officially at 5230. Some garage cannot accomodate vehicles that are longer than 5 meters.
    2. Partly because of the longer body, the turning radius of the Hilux is wiiide. In contrast, the Strada has very good turning radius.
    3. The suspension, though in paper is similar in design, but its actual ride is kilometers apart. The strada's ride is carlike, while the hilux is very rugged. Good for offroading, bad for city driving in not so good roads. How bad? Let me put it in two ways: 1st, my uncle eventually had his hilux's rear suspension adjusted with aftermarket installations (di ko alam actually kung ano, and the ride improved, but still much harsher than the Strada). 2nd, when my other cousin's wife heard we were getting pickup trucks, sabi niya that my cousin also drools of getting a pickup. Sabi ko sa wife, kung gusto niya ng pickup, I suggest she influence my cousin towards the strada. Why, she asked. My answer: With the Strada, you can keep your boobs at your chest level. But with the Hilux, baka after one year, nasa belt level na ang boobs mo sa sobrang talbog. Unless gusto manood ang cousin ko ng bouncing boobs, pero baka mabangga kayo.
    Pero someone mentioned somewhere in the archived strada thread that their mining operation sold all their stradas and shifted to hiluxes because the strada was not rugged enough for their operation. Strada's suspension is geared for the city user, thus the softer setup. While the Hilux is geared more for ruggedness. So its your call what sort of ride you prefer, depending on your use.
    4. Back seat legroom is basically the same.
    5. Cargo box with the Strada is smaller capacity than the Hilux.
    6. Hilux has a much nicer rear bumper (stainless) while Strada's rear bumper is not as durable.
    7. Though both are 2.5 Liter displacement, as mentioned the horsepower levels are worlds apart. As such, the Strada needs more engine oil (around 8 liters) versus the Hilux (around 6 liters), which means higher PMS cost. I have to pull out the records of both the Strada and Hilux to compare the costs of the other consumables like the air, oil, and fuel filters. But I think overall the Strada's PMS is more expensive than the Hilux.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    My uncle got a 2010 Hilux E which I got to use, then I turned around and bought a 2.5 GLX Strada. So I got 1st hand experience, but with the 2010 models. Aside from what was mentioned, I'd like to add:

1. The Hilux body length is officially at 5255mm, versus the Strada at 5040. to compare, the Dmax is 4995, while the old Isuzu Fuego was 4980. If you are the type who likes your pickup to be extra large (american truck type), the Hilux is extra large, even longer than the Navarra which is officially at 5230. Some garage cannot accomodate vehicles that are longer than 5 meters.
    2. Partly because of the longer body, the turning radius of the Hilux is wiiide. In contrast, the Strada has very good turning radius.
    3. The suspension, though in paper is similar in design, but its actual ride is kilometers apart. The strada's ride is carlike, while the hilux is very rugged. Good for offroading, bad for city driving in not so good roads. How bad? Let me put it in two ways: 1st, my uncle eventually had his hilux's rear suspension adjusted with aftermarket installations (di ko alam actually kung ano, and the ride improved, but still much harsher than the Strada). 2nd, when my other cousin's wife heard we were getting pickup trucks, sabi niya that my cousin also drools of getting a pickup. Sabi ko sa wife, kung gusto niya ng pickup, I suggest she influence my cousin towards the strada. Why, she asked. My answer: With the Strada, you can keep your boobs at your chest level. But with the Hilux, baka after one year, nasa belt level na ang boobs mo sa sobrang talbog. Unless gusto manood ang cousin ko ng bouncing boobs, pero baka mabangga kayo.
    Pero someone mentioned somewhere in the archived strada thread that their mining operation sold all their stradas and shifted to hiluxes because the strada was not rugged enough for their operation. Strada's suspension is geared for the city user, thus the softer setup. While the Hilux is geared more for ruggedness. So its your call what sort of ride you prefer, depending on your use.
    4. Back seat legroom is basically the same.
    5. Cargo box with the Strada is smaller capacity than the Hilux.
    6. Hilux has a much nicer rear bumper (stainless) while Strada's rear bumper is not as durable.
    7. Though both are 2.5 Liter displacement, as mentioned the horsepower levels are worlds apart. As such, the Strada needs more engine oil (around 8 liters) versus the Hilux (around 6 liters), which means higher PMS cost. I have to pull out the records of both the Strada and Hilux to compare the costs of the other consumables like the air, oil, and fuel filters. But I think overall the Strada's PMS is more expensive than the Hilux.
    Thank sir for the info..

Hilux is your vote? to buy?

yung strada ba na glx marami kulay? kasi pula lang sya sa website nila?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Oh? You didn't know? 2012 Strada is already out. :-)

The GLX MT comes with ABS and EBD as standard, sir.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    go for the strada, mine's coming out on monday..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Strada na lang kayo sir, check ninyo actual price sa dealership, huwag kayo magrely sa website, matagal sila bago mag update ng prices sa website eh. Btw the 2012 stradas are out already, go check it out. Now kung talagang type mo porma nung hilux, okay lang din but you may wanna check din the pricing of bonamine tablet, mahihilo kayo sa tagtag

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Buying strada glx 2.5 MT 2011 or hilux 2012 4x2 E (M/T)