New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Naisip ko lang bigla.. What if 2006 and up na Mitsubishi Strada's 4d56 DI-D DOHC Turbo Intercooled engine is fitted in a 1998 Mitsubishi Adventure GL, is it possible? Is it as fuel efficient as the natural-aspirated SOHC 4D56 engine? Is it worth installing it on an Adventure? How much would it cost?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Pwede kung pwede siguro, pero masakit din sa ulo. You have to buy the transmission as well coz the old one may break due to the increased torque. Also, you have to change to bigger brakes. Baka kailangan din i-modify yung suspension. So all-in-all, baka ang cost eh mas mahal pa dun sa sasakyan.

Maybe not worth it. Mas maganda siguro kung magpa-turbo intercooler na lang.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Oh, really? Thanks for the reply! I'll put that into consideration.

So, what if I install Turbo Intercooler? Where can I grab one? How much would it cost? What other modifications should I make? What are the specs of a Turbo Intercooled 4D56? According to Mitsubishi-Motors.com.ph, the maximum power output of the new 2.5 liter 4D56 Mitsubishi Direct Injection Diesel with Hyper Common Rail DOHC 16-valve Turbo Intercooled engine is 136PS * 3,500 rpm and maximum torque is 314 N-m * 2,000 rpm. Is it somewhat near to these power output? hehe... I just wanna know! Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sorry bro, I'm not an techie in mods. Maybe you can scout for a surplus 4d56 engine with turbointercooler or just the turbointercooler itself. Yan ang makina ng gen2 pajero, old strada, at lumang starex. Maybe you have to modify your internals too to accomodate the increase in pressure.

I used to have a diesel adventure (yr 2000). The mods that I did was change the air filter, put in headers, and freeflow muffler. About 10hp gain estimate. I could reach speeds up to 160kph (hirap na hirap) but that's already a feat for a NA 4d56.

I guess even with the mods, you won't be able to achieve the hp and torque of the new DID 4d56.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sic.zero View Post
    What are the specs of a Turbo Intercooled 4D56? According to Mitsubishi-Motors.com.ph, the maximum power output of the new 2.5 liter 4D56 Mitsubishi Direct Injection Diesel with Hyper Common Rail DOHC 16-valve Turbo Intercooled engine is 136PS * 3,500 rpm and maximum torque is 314 N-m * 2,000 rpm. Is it somewhat near to these power output?
    not so close enough... take note of the year model.

4D56 Turbo

average torque: 91-00 235Nm

btw, surplus 4d56T costs 60K-up.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    no match pala yung 4D56 Turbo sa 4D56 DI-D DOHC Turbo... hahaha... not even close enough... how much naman kaya yung 4D56 DI-D DOHC Turbo? may surplus na kaya nun?

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    no match pala yung 4D56 Turbo sa 4D56 DI-D DOHC Turbo... hahaha... not even close enough... how much naman kaya yung 4D56 DI-D DOHC Turbo? may surplus na kaya nun?
    its a newly developed engine so don't expect surplusses for the CRDi. it is sourced from thailand and japan is still focusing on the old 4D56, 4M40 and 4M41 3.2 D-iD CRDi.

IMO, you are better off with the turbo/intercooler combo good for 99hp/24.5kg-m of torque. - 95-99 local pajero
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; May 8th, 2008 at 03:05 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sir new lang po aku here sa forum.. Gusto ku din po sana patulinin yung adventure dito.. May mods na po ba kayo na nasimulan!?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TOiNk-19- View Post
    Sir new lang po aku here sa forum.. Gusto ku din po sana patulinin yung adventure dito.. May mods na po ba kayo na nasimulan!?
    OT... trade in mo na lang yung adventure mo sa 2008 strada glx... 888,000 lang ang brandnew ngayon... di ka mabibitin sa tulin...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Sorry bro, I'm not an techie in mods. Maybe you can scout for a surplus 4d56 engine with turbointercooler or just the turbointercooler itself. Yan ang makina ng gen2 pajero, old strada, at lumang starex. Maybe you have to modify your internals too to accomodate the increase in pressure.

I used to have a diesel adventure (yr 2000). The mods that I did was change the air filter, put in headers, and freeflow muffler. About 10hp gain estimate. I could reach speeds up to 160kph (hirap na hirap) but that's already a feat for a NA 4d56.

I guess even with the mods, you won't be able to achieve the hp and torque of the new DID 4d56.

Sir mga how much po cost ng ganitong mods!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
4D56 DI-D DOHC Turbo Intercooled, kasya ba sa 1998 Adventure?