New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 187 of 269 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2688
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    [QUOTE=D3nb3r;2428102]Don’t get me wrong sir I do like a car that doesn’t belch that much smoke. But one thing I don’t understand dito sa pinas, people like to buy diesel cars because of fuel prices but doesn’t fully understand that deisel engines will always have that puff of smoke once in a while. Meron pa ibang nag sasabi na “ayaw ko nyang car na yan dahil ma usok kahit bago pa”. My reaction is, huh? dude its a diesel engine..... And then scratch my head Try to check this site and you’ll even see that they are proud to be a diesel truck with black smoke and they do really hate the prius, hehehe. If you don’t like black smoke then you would be better off with a petrol engine car.

IMO egr blanking doesnt stop black smoke, it just prevents us from having a bad day when the valve is stuck and sensor go haywire and CEL warning appear due to carbon build over time if routine PMS is not followed, kaya bina-blank na lang. Egr is installed after the exhaust manifold so kahit ilang blank pa gawin mo if the engines puffs out smoke lalabas at lalabas din yan. Now with the egr ma reduce mo ang black smoke but then over time that black smoke will build up carbon on the egr valve. Yes egr for me is useless if you think of engine maintenance. Dagdag lilinisin lang yan and for environment certification lang ng manufacturer. Now this would be ok if we have a clean diesel in the Philippines but sad to say na napaka dumi ng mga fuels natin dito sa pinas kaya kahit euro compliant yung engine mo useless din pag dirty fuels lang ang ikakarga mo. Lalo na dito sa amin sa probinsya. Mapipili mo lang ang mga station na ok yung quality ng fuels. Minsan nga kasama pa tubig eh. I have personally experienced the latter.

As what monty_GTV have suggested, in the morning you can pump your pedals to push the soot build-up out of the exhaust system of the engine. Other than that, just follow the routine pms and enjoy the power of your diesel engine[/QUOTE.

Tama sir, diesel fuel ang may problema.....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by D3nb3r View Post
    Don’t get me wrong sir I do like a car that doesn’t belch that much smoke. But one thing I don’t understand dito sa pinas, people like to buy diesel cars because of fuel prices but doesn’t fully understand that deisel engines will always have that puff of smoke once in a while. Meron pa ibang nag sasabi na “ayaw ko nyang car na yan dahil ma usok kahit bago pa”. My reaction is, huh? dude its a diesel engine..... And then scratch my head Try to check this site and you’ll even see that they are proud to be a diesel truck with black smoke and they do really hate the prius, hehehe. If you don’t like black smoke then you would be better off with a petrol engine car.

IMO egr blanking doesnt stop black smoke, it just prevents us from having a bad day when the valve is stuck and sensor go haywire and CEL warning appear due to carbon build over time if routine PMS is not followed, kaya bina-blank na lang. Egr is installed after the exhaust manifold so kahit ilang blank pa gawin mo if the engines puffs out smoke lalabas at lalabas din yan. Now with the egr ma reduce mo ang black smoke but then over time that black smoke will build up carbon on the egr valve. Yes egr for me is useless if you think of engine maintenance. Dagdag lilinisin lang yan and for environment certification lang ng manufacturer. Now this would be ok if we have a clean diesel in the Philippines but sad to say na napaka dumi ng mga fuels natin dito sa pinas kaya kahit euro compliant yung engine mo useless din pag dirty fuels lang ang ikakarga mo. Lalo na dito sa amin sa probinsya. Mapipili mo lang ang mga station na ok yung quality ng fuels. Minsan nga kasama pa tubig eh. I have personally experienced the latter.

As what monty_GTV have suggested, in the morning you can pump your pedals to push the soot build-up out of the exhaust system of the engine. Other than that, just follow the routine pms and enjoy the power of your diesel engine
    I understand sir, it's just that the other diesel engines out there doesn't seem to be as bad in terms of puffing smoke. So that's basically where I am coming from.

Yeah going around the net, they basically use diesel to "dump smoke" hehe..

But since I blanked/blocked my EGR, it was only that time that it happened. Nagmadali lang sigurong apakan. kasi it felt like from 5th nag downshift all the way to 3rd e.

Ung sinusundan kong montero nung time na un low rpm low speed umuusok din. And looking at the tail pipe finisher sobrang black with soot cya as compared to mine.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Usually i drive our monty 2 times a week. The rest of the days are driven by my father, lolo driving and short distances lang. When i use it, i usually step on the gas pedal harder para lumabas yung mga carbon or soot na nastuck sa exhaust pipe. True enough kahit naka blank egr and unioil ang gamit, may puff of not so black smoke na lalabas and its not black, parang brownish ang kulay. After that hard acceleration next time na ulitin, wala naman ng brown smoke. Nailabas na yung naipong soot due to low rpm driving.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sa amin naman, wala namang black smoke, (white smoke is normal) hindi ko pa naman na-experience na bumuga ng black smoke yung monty namin,

ginagawa ko lang, before startup, idle ko muna, paglalagpasin ko po sa C level, or kung hindi naman ako nagmamadali, pinaabot ko sa normal range without revving, once na nag-normal temp na, rev ko ng 3K-4K rpm, para mawala yung mga soot sa exhaust.

most of the time, takbo ko at least ng 100-120KPH sa high speed, kung slow traffic naman lalo pag umabot sa 20mins idle,
    first gear, nasa 3K rpm, patatagalin ko ng kaunti bago i-shift sa 2nd gear, kung continuous moving naman, hanggang 2nd gear nasa 3K rpm naman, para mawala yung mga soot during idle sa traffic.

yung tricky part sa manual transmission pag monty, yung bomba method, effective din sa removal ng soot, (1st to 2nd gear)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009

6. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    sir zixx p pm po ng gps card kung magkano. thank you

7. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    sori sir zixx kay sir louie pla ung gps card.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Sir zix888, how much egr blanking, occ, optitron, and filter? Tsaka gaano po ktagal gawin ang mga ito?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jelo_214 View Post
    sori sir zixx kay sir louie pla ung gps card.
    pm sent sir

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by allan302000 View Post
    Sir zix888, how much egr blanking, occ, optitron, and filter? Tsaka gaano po ktagal gawin ang mga ito?
    pm sent sir. pacheck na lang. thanks