New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 157 of 269 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2688
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hello guys, I got myself a 2014 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Gls-V last week, and this is my first ever diesel vehicle. I have been using it everyday, so far all is good. I am quite concerned about what type of fuel I should use as the diesel here is quite dirty, it might cause some engine noises, vibrations and black smoke. I have read and heard a lot that the big 3 here still offers Euro II diesel, even the premium ones like V-Power diesel and Turbo diesel, and the smaller players like Unioil offers Euro 4. Is that true? I find it hard to believe that Unioil's Euro 4 diesel is cheaper than the big 3's Euro II. Please share your thoughts guys?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by orttech View Post
    Hello guys, I got myself a 2014 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Gls-V last week, and this is my first ever diesel vehicle. I have been using it everyday, so far all is good. I am quite concerned about what type of fuel I should use as the diesel here is quite dirty, it might cause some engine noises, vibrations and black smoke. I have read and heard a lot that the big 3 here still offers Euro II diesel, even the premium ones like V-Power diesel and Turbo diesel, and the smaller players like Unioil offers Euro 4. Is that true? I find it hard to believe that Unioil's Euro 4 diesel is cheaper than the big 3's Euro II. Please share your thoughts guys?
    the big three buys barrels of crude oil and refines them here (in-house)since they have their very own refineries.

long ago before the passage of the oil deregulation laws, companies who want to import refined fuel need to pay a hefty taxes hence the big three just built the refineries in order for them to save money.

now that the oil deregulation law has been laxed a bit, the small players are now allowed to import refined oil from outside our country(since they don't have their own refineries here in our country) one of the good side effects of that is that imported refined fuel has a higher standard of refinement. why? because their law is stricter when it comes to anti pollution/environmental regulations- most of the refined oil is brought from singapore's futures commodities market.('futures market"- there are times that the small palyers oil are a bit more expensive than the big three)

now, why wont the big three refine their crude oil to a better standards? For the reason that would amount to more process which would incur additional expenses and waste by products that there is no market for.

it's like this you can buy a water filter from ace hardware but it can only filter sediments and minerals, however if you buy an osmosis pressure controlled filter it can purify water to it's purest h20 form- but this process creates more waste- out of a gallon filtered water you can only use 70%. in an ordinary filter tap filter, you can use 99.99% of the filtered water.
    Last edited by victorevolution; September 16th, 2014 at 03:40 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    What a great explanation victorevolution, very informative. I guess I should go for Unioil's Euro 4 diesel then. Thank you!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by orttech View Post
    What a great explanation victorevolution, very informative. I guess I should go for Unioil's Euro 4 diesel then. Thank you!
    yes but not so fast, pick a fuel station in a location that is not prone to floods.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    yes, there aren't so many Unioil stations around, I know there is one at the intersection of Buendia and SLEX, right across Petron, it's been there for ages already, hope they have quality fuels there.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I topped up my tank yesterday with Unioil's Euro 4 diesel, then traveled around the city a bit and tried to floor the accelerator pedal several times while parked, zero black smoke came out from the exhaust pipe, pretty good. I am just not sure though if that's because the car is still new or the Euro 4 diesel really is doing its job. One more thing I noticed, the engine noise sounded louder than before, I don't know, maybe I am just paranoid.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by matchbox10 View Post
    Anybody notice a clicking sound while rotating the steering wheel? I just want to know if it's normal.
    sir ganyan din ang steering wheel ng montero sport 2014 ko. di ko lang alam kung normal talaga yun.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Sir zix888 interested ako dun sa activiation ng optitron for my monty. Please PM me. TIA

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MTP70 View Post
    Sir zix888 interested ako dun sa activiation ng optitron for my monty. Please PM me. TIA
    pm sent sir , kindly check. thanks

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Sir zix888, price nag EGR blanking, K&N filter, Cabin Filter and Optitron... thanks