New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Going into our second week of ownership of a Mirage G4 GLS M/T. We originally had our hearts set on a Mirage hatchback, but after seeing the G4 up close, we decided that a bigger trunk space would be more practical (aside from acting as an extra crumple zone in the event of a rear-end collision).

The interior space is cavernous, misleading for a car of this size. Trunk space is pleasantly abundant (it was able to completely swallow an entire twin size folded mattress with no difficulty). Driver seat has adjustable height, which seems almost redundant given that it already enjoys a relatively high seating position for a subcompact. Steering has tilt adjustment, and is extremely light. The clutch is light as well, and the shift lever notches crisply when engaging gears. I expected the worst when I read about the noise and vibration of the 3-cylinder engine; turns out my fears were unfounded. The engine note has character, of course it's not as quiet as a typical four-banger, but strangely appealing at high revs, like an aggressive kitten. There are occasional instances when the engine stalls, but I attribute this to my own learning curve, since I come from driving an old-school diesel. One of the things I appreciate on the G4 is the ECO indicator lamp on the instrument panel, that tells me if I'm driving conscientiously. I've made a game of making sure that light stays on with every gear I engage.

Ascents are no problem, even with the meager horsepower and torque output (we live in Antipolo proper, so Sumulong Highway is our G4's daily challenge). Handling is good, with some slight body roll since it's still a tall car after all (at least the GLS is equipped with a sway bar on the front axle). Despite the fact that I have yet to adjust the tire pressure since getting it from the dealership, my wife claims that she is satisfied with the ride, and she now has a tendency to fall asleep every time the G4 is at speed. I do have a few gripes: the handbrake is now a bit far back than what I've been used to on our Mitsubishi Adventure. No mudguards, too. And that dinky-sounding stock horn. >.<

Up to 21km/liter? It's a lie. I averaged 24.5km/liter (real-time measurement) along a short stretch of road in Cainta on a weekday morning run to Ortigas. I'm anticipating a more conclusive figure on my next full tank, since I forgot to reset the trip meter on the first one. And hopefully the figure stabilizes after the first PMS.

This Holy Week, we'll be bringing the G4 to Bicol to test its long-range capability on a single tank of gas.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; March 1st, 2014 at 08:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Looks good. Kaso mukhang naka wide-body kit.
    attrage.jpg
    Last edited by b0y37; March 8th, 2014 at 09:59 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hindi ba madali bumigay ang makina considering na 3 cylinder lang sya. Baka mahirapan pag nasa Baguio na. Im thinking to buy between Ford ecosport and G4.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

Last night at the launch of the all-new Mirage G4, this was the presentation done for the car. Very impressive!!

Get the G Life!!

Have a nice day.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get the Ecosport if you can afford it. Price difference isn't much.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    i saw one parked beside a first gen Vios.

magkasing laki lang sila halos pag tiningnan mo

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    This Holy Week, we'll be bringing the G4 to Bicol to test its long-range capability on a single tank of gas.
    If you can hit 24 on Ortigas Ext, I think you should be able to hit 26 km/l on the way to Bicol, assuming little traffic and a a cruising speed of just 80 km/h.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Hi I'm new here. I just got my G4 GLS CVT last Wednesday. Ave 10km/l normal ba yun? may sira ba? and napansin ko kapaghighway mas malakas siya magconsume ng gas kaysa traffic. nakikita ko lang yung ave sa mismong console ng car so accurate ba yun? Please guys let me know.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron21 View Post
    Hindi ba madali bumigay ang makina considering na 3 cylinder lang sya. Baka mahirapan pag nasa Baguio na. Im thinking to buy between Ford ecosport and G4.
    Baguio is a piece of cake with the Mirage. Even the Hyundai Eon was capable of tackling the ascent to Baguio.

Quote Originally Posted by jamessales
    Hi I'm new here. I just got my G4 GLS CVT last Wednesday. Ave 10km/l normal ba yun? may sira ba? and napansin ko kapaghighway mas malakas siya magconsume ng gas kaysa traffic. nakikita ko lang yung ave sa mismong console ng car so accurate ba yun? Please guys let me know.
    The average fuel consumption display is just an estimate, mainly based on your driving habits. The full tank method will be much closer to your actual consumption per liter.

Mabigat ba ang paa mo sa silinyador? Pitik-pitik lang sa pedal once you reach 60kph. The Mirage's sweet spot comes in between 60-80kph *1500-2000rpm.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; March 17th, 2014 at 03:49 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    good pm guys. im eyeing to get one of this for my first car. sa lahat kasi eto talaga nagustuhan ko. pede po ba ko makahingi ng pros and cons ng car na to? pati if which is better mt or at. tia!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzfrancia View Post
    good pm guys. im eyeing to get one of this for my first car. sa lahat kasi eto talaga nagustuhan ko. pede po ba ko makahingi ng pros and cons ng car na to? pati if which is better mt or at. tia!
    Pros:

- Lightweight (less than 1,000kg curb weight)
    - Very maneuverable
    - Impressive ride height for a subcompact
    - Spacious interior and cargo space (trunk is larger than on the Lancer EX)
    - Very fuel-efficient (light tap on the gas pedal is adequate to maintain momentum)
    - 1.2L MIVEC engine is chain-driven, not belt-driven (one less expenditure on the maintenance list)
    - You get more than what you pay for in terms of features (dual airbags, push engine start, keyless entry, ABS, EBD, front stabilizer bar, touchscreen with GPS navigation -- all come as standard on the GLS)

Cons:

- Slight road and wind noise (although not as noticeable as on the Mirage hatchback)
    - Prone to body roll in corners
    - Very light clutch (not a disadvantage per se, but it takes some getting used to)
    - Thin sheet metal (parang lulubog yung bubong kapag nadiinan)
    - CVT variants have some issues regarding acceleration and operating noise

In my opinion, a car with an engine of this size (1.2L) is better suited to a manual transmission, to maximize output.

2014 Mirage G4 (Sedan)