New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 206 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Because like what Koji said.. "Montero is built for hauling, not for speeding"

IMHO Santa Fe is built for comfort and speed. Magkaiba talaga sila.

But both SUVs are good. Ganda ng Montero ngayon, may paddles pa. Parang Lancer GT-A na hehehe. Advance Congratulations sa bibili. ;)
    +1 ako dito... Montero is tall SUV pang rough duty... Santa fe for comfort and speed... Kanya kanya silang upside downside.. Pero back to topic na haha for 2011 monty eto... pass muna si santa fe... maybe paglabas ni monty create a thread for vgt monty vs evgt santa fe (pros and cons)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsoriano View Post
    besides, montero has a high ground clearance as compared to santa fe, much lesser power even with a vgt engine, so montero to race with santa fe is really not advisable. IMO.
    medyo di naman boss magkalayo minimum ground clearance nila monty's 215mm over santa fe's 210mm.... 5mm difference... medyo mas stable nga lang sta fe kasi suspension wise siguro, tsaka mas wider santa fe sa monty and mas pandak.. monty mas payat at mas matangkad.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    tinanong ko lahat kilala kong SA... majority sabi 2nd week of february pa daw ang formal announcement.. 2 SA's said that lahat papalitan inuubos lang yun 2010 stocks "madami pa rin daw kasi for release, mga nakabayad na for 2010 model" then after nun maubos na 2010 model, lahat daw with VGT na... tapos may mga pumipila na daw sa monty vgt kahit wala pang price nagrereserve na...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by normyline22 View Post
    +1 ako dito... Montero is tall SUV pang rough duty... Santa fe for comfort and speed... Kanya kanya silang upside downside.. Pero back to topic na haha for 2011 monty eto... pass muna si santa fe... maybe paglabas ni monty create a thread for vgt monty vs evgt santa fe (pros and cons)
    1. Santa Fe is on unibody construction while Monty is a canopied Strada, body-on-frame, no doubt riding comfy goes to Santa Fe.
    2. Powertrain long term reliability goes to Mitsu---- have you heard this Hyundai diesel that has reached 200T+ kms without major engine works?
    The Mitsu VGT diesel is just almost a couple of years in Europe but Mitsu diesel has already it's name, fact is my uncle's 4M41 Pajero is still a reliable slave with 260T+ mileage without serious engine works.

imho only.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by truckesh View Post
    1. Santa Fe is on unibody construction while Monty is a canopied Strada, body-on-frame, no doubt riding comfy goes to Santa Fe.
    2. Powertrain long term reliability goes to Mitsu---- have you heard this Hyundai diesel that has reached 200T+ kms without major engine works?
    The Mitsu VGT diesel is just almost a couple of years in Europe but Mitsu diesel has already it's name, fact is my uncle's 4M41 Pajero is still a reliable slave with 260T+ mileage without serious engine works.

imho only.
    I dunno if I were able to understand you clearly sir. But I am not vouching for santa fe? I was just saying that they all have their ups and downs? It looks to me that you're trying to put the Santa Fe down or the brand itself (correct me if I misunderstood you)... In fairness to hyundai I was able to ride a hyundai accent taxi with 217,000++ mileage by the way... still looking good to think its a taxi..

Sorry for the off topic... Not here to argue/ compare... Im here to get news for the 2011 Montero Sport because I seriously want to get one

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    mga boss? ano updates sa montero 2011? sabi SA ko may meeting sa planta about dun ah.. sana mag labas na specs and price

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I dunno if I were able to understand you clearly sir. But I am not vouching for santa fe? I was just saying that they all have their ups and downs? It looks to me that you're trying to put the Santa Fe down or the brand itself (correct me if I misunderstood you)... In fairness to hyundai I was able to ride a hyundai accent taxi with 217,000++ mileage by the way... still looking good to think its a taxi..

Sorry for the off topic... Not here to argue/ compare... Im here to get news for the 2011 Montero Sport because I seriously want to get one
    OT: Yung friend ko may taxi fleet. Puro gen 2 Vios at Accent. Tibay daw nung Accent

BTT: Hindi ba pwedeng madaliin na yang 2011 Montero Sport VGT? Dami nang nag-iintay o. hehehe. Hahaba ulit ang pila for sure..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    medyo di naman boss magkalayo minimum ground clearance nila monty's 215mm over santa fe's 210mm.... 5mm difference... medyo mas stable nga lang sta fe kasi suspension wise siguro, tsaka mas wider santa fe sa monty and mas pandak.. monty mas payat at mas matangkad.
    yes sir, maybe the location of the center of gravity is the appropriate term and not only the ground clearance

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    That is minimum ground clearance as stated. With the MS's long travel suspension the difference is far greater in normal driving conditions. Having said that; the Monty has a very low CG for such a vehicle. To drive at minimum ground clearance you would have to load it up way past maximum load so as it will be lying on it's rubber blocks.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ehlemhenopee View Post
    mga boss? ano updates sa montero 2011? sabi SA ko may meeting sa planta about dun ah.. sana mag labas na specs and price
    alam ko nga din ngayon ang meeting dun eh jan 25 may thread akong nakitaan na jan25 meeting hahaha... sana kahit price tapos sneak peek ng specs... tapos kahit na march pa roll out pwede na magdown =)

2011 Mitsubishi Montero Sport [ARCHIVED]