New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 106 of 206 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2054
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *Ry_Tower
    Yessir, isa pang example from the seat of my pants the A/T Innova feels like it has more pull than the M/T. Pero I still think that with everything else constant mas mechanically efficient pa rin ang M/T. Sabi rin ng friend kong nasa GM the more transmission fluid your transmission needs is an indication of how efficient it will be. The best manuals are around 90-95% and the best automatics at around 80-85% daw.

*jaguarchua
    Di naman sir, you can appreciate VGT din in traffic lalo na sa acceleration. I think mas ramdam on smaller displacement engines yung turbo lag ng non VGT, di kasi kaya ng engine patakbuhin ng mabilis yung load kapag wala pang boost.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    IMO it has someting to do with the transmission as well. For example, Ford's 3.0 CRDi has 156hp but has 380 Nm of torque. Mitsu's own 3.2 DiD in MS is 161 hp and 343Nm while the same engine in the Pajero 162hp (+1) but 374Nm.

Sir, I've been wondering why the Montero sport's 3.2 engine is less powerful than the Pajero's. According to Wikipedia, the 4m41 engine of the Pajero uses VGT. Would you know if this is true? because I've never seen any articles from newspaper or Top Gear Phil mentioning this.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Expatio View Post
    Should be little or no difference. It is possible that the electronic actuators could have a faster response time; but I have seen no evidence of this. There is no doubt that eVGT is cheaper and most manufacturers use it. It may also be more reliable. Having said that; a failed solenoid on a non eVGT can easily be replaced by non technical person.

Some of you guys have got to realize that car manufacturers never bring engines up to anywhere near their maximum PS. There are several reasons for this, one being reliability decreases as more stresses are put on the engine itself and transmission by extreme driving. Also the faster the car the better stopping power required, better dynamics etc.

The MS VGT engine could in fact easily produce 220PS if Mitsubishi wanted it to by simply reprogramming the ECU, and still stay well within it's actual limitations.

Here is a pic of Mitsu VGT:
    Thanks Sir Expatio, I have now a better understanding between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Halos pareho lang sila
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Yung old turbo design you're right na sa hway speed or in overtaking lang napapakinabangan most of the time. But with the vgt technology kasi, even as low as 1,400 rpm you can feel the turbo, albeit in a lower boost, (but at least meron na agad di ba) is working already so I'm sure mas nagagamit ngayon yung benefit ng turbo compared sa previous models.

Kaya nga mas efficient/effective yung vgt turbo. Sa bumper to bumper traffic, la talaga mapapakinabangan dyan. Yung nice sounds/music na lang natin... jejejeje (hope ok lang itong jejemon ko mga moderators) PEACE!
    Salamat, malaking bagay din yung improved fuel efficiency generated by the new VGT of Monty. Actually, I have acquired a sentimental value for my 4 months old MS so it's not that easy to have him traded in. I really wish that it s possible to convert it to the new VGT upgrades but I don't think its really possible as I have read from our colleagues in this forum and in our MSCP forum that the engine needs to be heavily modified to accommodate this particular upgrade per se. Deep Sigh..... hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by QUARTZBRO View Post
    [SIZE=3]Dahil siguro wala pa syang previous experience to sell cars similar to this latest variant, naging pessimist si sales agent. Ipalagay nalang natin ang opinion nya ay out of record at nabitawan nya mga salitang iyon doon sa back stage, still, he must take all precautions to maintain the sweetest taste of his “sales talk”.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The goodness and the rip off of his opinion, influence the reputation of the product kasi siya ang credible person representing the product. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Paano siya kikita at paano nya ma-meet ang weekly, monthly sales quota nya, at paano siya magiging sales agent of the year if he tends to piss off his client? (Sa bagay hindi ko na problema at wala na ako doon kong paano sya kumita)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Kong ako din ang nasa situation ng client, talaga, hindi ko na sabayan ang excitement ko na bumili pa sa bagong product nya, hindi na ako magdalawang isip, aalis nalang ako sa car dealer na yan. Kong magkataon,ganyan rin lang ang explaination nya sa akin, hindi ko na i-gumble ang pera ko dahil it’s worth 1.6 Million ±. No return, no exchange pa naman pag-makuha mo na unit.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]*****We have to protect our money from wrong expenditure********[/SIZE]
    you are right, spot on Sir.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sir jaguar, wag nyo na lang i-trade yung montero nyo. you can have just have your engine chipped at lagyan din ng devil's own. magagastos nyo lang is 50k kaysa ibenta ang montero na napakalaki na ng depreciation.
    just my 2 cents.
    HTH

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    *Tsikoters waiting for the GTV

Guys magkano na yung na-i-offer na discount at ano na mga freebies nyo?
    Medyo maalat pa sa amin.. Hindi umaabot sa kagaya ng Discount at Freebies na ito:

new quote from another SA...

MS 2011 GTV 4x4

price: 1,688,000.00
    discount: 45,000.00

freebies: 3 3/4 years LTO, matting, 3m tint, EWD, visor, rustproof

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Expatio View Post
    Should be little or no difference. It is possible that the electronic actuators could have a faster response time; but I have seen no evidence of this. There is no doubt that eVGT is cheaper and most manufacturers use it. It may also be more reliable. Having said that; a failed solenoid on a non eVGT can easily be replaced by non technical person.
    I think diaphragm actuated VGT has faster response compared to electric actuated. The diaphragm actuator is so responsive (but most of the time unnecessary) that it moves the vanes of the VGT for every rise and fall of vacuum. This unnecessary movement creates premature wear on the pivots of the linkages and vanes. Electric actuator (servo motors) variance was later added for the main purpose of reducing the wear on the linkages.

Some says electric actuated VGT is expensive to repair because the electric actuator is not sold separately. One has to replace the entire turbo assembly.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arsen View Post
    Some says electric actuated VGT is expensive to repair because the electric actuator is not sold separately. One has to replace the entire turbo assembly.
    Yes. I have heard about this also.
    But oftentimes the ecu will give an electric actuator error code in the eVGT system when if fact there is a carbon build up in the vanes that need freeing and actuator itself is fine. Back in UK there are companies that specialize in such repair/service of all kinds of turbos. 'Es*** Turbos' is one that comes to mind.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wei View Post
    Sir, I've been wondering why the Montero sport's 3.2 engine is less powerful than the Pajero's. According to Wikipedia, the 4m41 engine of the Pajero uses VGT. Would you know if this is true? because I've never seen any articles from newspaper or Top Gear Phil mentioning this.
    Yes, mas malakas nga yung 3.2 4M41 ng Paj vs MS. 220hp and 440Nm ata if i remember correctly yung sa Paj BK na bagong labas sa ibang bansa. Yung local wala pa niyan pero parating na rin siguro. Pero malabong lagyan pa ng vgt 3.2 engine mga MS ngayon, magiging mahal kasi. Baka hindi na competitive vs the other SUV.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Offer below is pretty good..hope everyone can share other offers that they have so far for the GTV (with contact info of the SA)..

Quote Originally Posted by ChoyJo View Post
    *Tsikoters waiting for the GTV

Guys magkano na yung na-i-offer na discount at ano na mga freebies nyo?
    Medyo maalat pa sa amin.. Hindi umaabot sa kagaya ng Discount at Freebies na ito:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tucson88 View Post
    sir jaguar, wag nyo na lang i-trade yung montero nyo. you can have just have your engine chipped at lagyan din ng devil's own. magagastos nyo lang is 50k kaysa ibenta ang montero na napakalaki na ng depreciation.
    just my 2 cents.
    HTH
    Thank you Sr Tucson88, will give it a thourough thought. I plan to test drive the new Monty with the VGT and a colleague's monty who upgraded with Power chip. Still, depreciaton is a big factor to consider, but I might be convinced by the joys of driving a superior engine if it is the case with the new Monty GLS-V. hmmmm

2011 Mitsubishi Montero Sport [ARCHIVED]