New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I better come home to our house in the province and catch me some tuko

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i remember when i was young i can't afford to buy me an iguana. so i asked this neighbor of mine if he can catch me this gecko that's been up in this tree of theirs and i'll pay him 100. then he got what i wished for, it's freaking big like a giant butiki in a mayo jar. i really can't imagine what a monster it was in close view. since disgust is creeping into me and i wanna know how docile it is, again i asked my neighbor if he can take it out for me. without hesitation he sticks his hand into the jar but in an instant the beast got hold on one of his finger with it's vice grip like jaws. the more he pulls it, the more it won't let go and it's tiny serrated teeth makes it more punishing.
    from that day on i learned to respect this animal. and i respect it even more for what this tiny little creature can do to our environment.
    it's just sad, nobody knows that and nobody cares.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    sorry double

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Shadow baka mapaaway ka nanaman sa daan ha pag may kailangan bilhin para sa tukong iyan ...
    LOL. Tuko food?

Gordon would be a nice name for a pet tuko

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    eto, na-tuka na ng tuko!
    engot, pinamigay yung P300k nya......

Man loses P300K in 'tuko' scam | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features

Man loses P300K in 'tuko' scam

MANILA, Philippines – A complaint has been filed at the office of the National Bureau of Investigation's Environmental and Wildlife Protection Investigation Division over a scam involving the controversial "tuko" (gecko) buy-and-sell market.

"Engineer France" (not his real name) said a group of individuals tricked him into paying a large amount of money for a gecko.

France said he was lured to participate in the illegal trade after hearing rumors that geckos sell for millions of pesos.

"Kahit saan ako magpunta, balitang-balita at talagang madaming naghahanap," said France.

His search for geckos ended when he met a contact in Bukidnon who was willing to sell him a gecko.

While the seller originally priced the gecko at P1 million, France said he was able to bring it down to P300,000.

When France met with his contact, he had no idea he was being conned.

"Iba 'yung may hawak ng tuko at iba 'yung magre-receive ng pera. Nung maiabot ko ang pera, nagtakbuhan na sila," sabi ni France.

The incident led France to seek assistance from police.

"Ibinulgar ko ito para hindi na marami ang mabiktima," he said.

Meanwhile, authorities encouraged the public to alert police when encountering con artists.

Speculations have been circulating that enzymes produced from the geckos' gall bladders can cure diseases, sparking the illegal trade.
    DOH has earlier dismissed rumors that geckos can cure AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome).

DOH spokesperson Dr. Eric Tayag has also warned the public that eating geckos may cause food poisoning. -- Report from Maan Macapagal, ABS-CBN News

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    hahahaha

dumbsh*t

he deserved to lose his money

as the saying goes
    “A fool and his money are soon parted.”

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    haha labo ni engineer...

but we do have alot of geckos in the house, we just let them be

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
tuko fetch a high price in intrnational market?