New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Good day to all forum members here. I'm an IT professional who works almost always during graveyards on weekdays. Sleep is very important for me. Recently my next door neighbor are doing some remodelling in their home and because of this my sleep is disrupted. I'm thinking of staying in a motel but before that I want to ask a few questions

1.) Are they safe particularly the flower group in Pasig since they're the place who have the most reasonable price and very accessible to my office? Hopefully, my neigbor's construction works will be done after this week.

2.) I prefer dark rooms, do they (or do most motels have dark rooms?) have black-out curtains (the curtains that you usually find in hotels to make the room really dark if you want to)?

3.) Are their airconditioning units really that good?

4.) Can you hear noise (e.g. traffic outside, and lovers making out from the other rooms) inside your room?

5.) Do most of them have hot shower?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    1.) Are they safe particularly the flower group in Pasig since they're the place who have the most reasonable price and very accessible to my office? Hopefully, my neigbor's construction works will be done after this week.

they are relatively safe. stay away from those cheap motels.

2.) I prefer dark rooms, do they (or do most motels have dark rooms?) have black-out curtains (the curtains that you usually find in hotels to make the room really dark if you want to)?

most of the motel rooms in manila are dark enough & conducive for sleep.

yep.

4.) Can you hear noise (e.g. traffic outside, and lovers making out from the other rooms) inside your room?

from my experience, no.
    it's a bonus though if you hear the moans from the adjacent room. (joke!)

definitely yes.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yung mga may discount card diyan, pakilabas na at pahiramin si froshie1

Don't you find it funny to have your motel experience alone? loko lang.

1.) Are they safe particularly the flower group in Pasig since they're the place who have the most reasonable price and very accessible to my office? Hopefully, my neigbor's construction works will be done after this week. -Kain ka pansit sa Orchids. My officemates used to order there and it's really good.

4.) Can you hear noise (e.g. traffic outside, and lovers making out from the other rooms) inside your room? I guess this would only apply for cheap dingy motels. I think those found in Pasig are the decent ones.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the replies Chua_riwap and Cathy.

they are relatively safe. stay away from those cheap motels.
    Nalito tuloy ako sa ibig mong sabihin Chua_riwap, do you mean to say that the flower group in Pasig are not decent? Or ibig mong sabihin they're decent and relatively safe?

*Cathy, pancit ba kamo? Sige itatry ko yan bukas!!

Oh and another follow up question. Di ba maweiweirduhan sa akin iyong mga bell boy doon to the point na paalisin ako kasi magisa lang ako mag checheck in bukas (alam mo naman kasi sa atin iba ang dating pag motel di katulad sa ibang bansa)? May nakapagsabi na snob daw ang mga bellboys pag mag isa lang mag checkin. Gaano po ba katotoo ito? Meron ba tayong pwedeng makatulong sa akin at gusto ko lang talaga ng makatulog :-(

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Good day to all forum members here. I'm an IT professional who works almost always during graveyards on weekdays. Sleep is very important for me. Recently my next door neighbor are doing some remodelling in their home and because of this my sleep is disrupted. I'm thinking of staying in a motel but before that I want to ask a few questions

1. they are pretty safe.

2. they are dark inside once you turn off the lights. Windows are generally small and often painted to prevent light getting in.

3. generally yes. But in some units, the A/C might have dirty fins which results in it icing over. Once that happens, no air coming from the A/C.

4. As for the flower group motels in pasig, you will not hear the traffic outside. The worst would either be the car next door starting (fart muffler) or the alarm getting triggered.

5. yes, they all have hot water showers.

Other stuff:
    -you can order food from the menu at any time of the day and night.
    -cable tv have ****
    -pillows tend to be rather small and hard. If you are particular about your pillow, you might want to bring your own.
    -some of the motels have free internet wifi service. (just check who has)
    -using the motel discount card does save you a lot of money

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Thanks for the replies Chua_riwap and Cathy.

Nalito tuloy ako sa ibig mong sabihin Chua_riwap, do you mean to say that the flower group in Pasig are not decent? Or ibig mong sabihin they're decent and relatively safe?

*Cathy, pancit ba kamo? Sige itatry ko yan bukas!!

Oh and another follow up question. Di ba maweiweirduhan sa akin iyong mga bell boy doon to the point na paalisin ako kasi magisa lang ako mag checheck in bukas (alam mo naman kasi sa atin iba ang dating pag motel di katulad sa ibang bansa)? May nakapagsabi na snob daw ang mga bellboys pag mag isa lang mag checkin. Gaano po ba katotoo ito? Meron ba tayong pwedeng makatulong sa akin at gusto ko lang talaga ng makatulog :-(
    what i mean is stay away from motels that are cheaper than the flower group.
    meron kasing pipitsugin lang na mura, pero napapasok ng mga magnanakaw at salisi.

palagay ko naman hindi naman sila ganyan kung mag-isa ka lang. sabihin mo, hanap mo, pahinga lang.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Salamat po ng marami sa detalye like iyong pillows! Hehehe. pambihira di ko naisip iyon ah. Nagdala ako ng towels pero pillows hindi, sa Wed malamang magdadala ako. Haayz thanks ng marami ulit :D

Isa pang question na nagpop, may credit card ba sa mga Flower group? Gaano po kalaki iyong room?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    *Chua_riwap, thanks! got what you mean now. And since you already mentioned about salisi... Would you guys happen to know if they have locks on their doors?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Pwede ka mag credit card. The motel's name won't even appear in you statement but some other company.

disclaimer: I worked in retail banking for a short period.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Pwede ka mag credit card. The motel's name won't even appear in you statement but some other company.

disclaimer: I worked in retail banking for a short period.

yun oh. may disclaimer ka'gad. nye-he-heh!
    baka kung ano na naman ang isipin ng iba ano?

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Questions re: Sleeping inside a motel.