New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Eight of the most fuel-efficient SUVs and pickup trucks in the Philippines - Feature Articles | TopGear.com.ph

what do you think guys?! Or is this not reliable? I'm surprised by their numbers on the FXT, CX7 and Tucson BTW.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    top gear attributes/cites the source of the test results

it is up to the readers to pass judgment on the credibility of the testers

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Tucson 2.0 is really economical. My cousin's just broke in, and he's getting fantastic mileage.

The CX7 is good. Not great... but considering it's a 2.5 liter engine, very very good, nonetheless. This is thanks to the lower friction of the 2.5 MZR engine compared to the old 2.3 and the six speed gearbox. 18 km/l might be possible, given the long cruising gear and the torque converter lock-up (a la Santa Fe and Veracruz), but I'd like to double-test that myself. It's definitely better than many engines of the same size.

The CR-V, exceptional... incredible. Especially considering the interior and cargo space.

ASX, no comment yet, haven't done a long-term test.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    A CX-7 2.5 gas gets 18.17 km/l, while a Tucson 2.0 CRDi clocks in 9.5 km/l... go figure.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    How about the FXT 11-16km/ltr and range. Very impressive IMHO if indeed true. Modestpa daw claim ng MI eh. calling mr. foresterx

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    How about the FXT 11-16km/ltr and range. Very impressive IMHO if indeed true. Modestpa daw claim ng MI eh. calling mr. foresterx
    Di mo pwede i-ask si foresterx about personal claims coz he doesn't own a forester xt. Forester X 2.0L N/A sakanya not Forester XT 2.5L Forced Induction

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kung DOE test yung sa CX7, possible. Dapat. Mga 17-18 din yung Tucson CRDi sa DOE style drive.

In my driving, exact same trip and conditions, 7.5 kml CX7, 8.5 kml Tucson.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ I was expecting nga that the Tucson will be better vs the CX-7.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    ^ I was expecting nga that the Tucson will be better vs the CX-7.
    4WD kasi yung Tucson R-eVGT tsaka masyado masarap pahatawin

Kidding aside, 9.8km/L na average ko ngayon. City driving below 2200RPM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. Masyadong masarap.

That was a mountain-climbing trip. The CX7 gets close because it has a good gearbox, a low-friction engine and 2WD. The Tucson, on the other hand, has a very heavy iron-block engine and AWD... so it's compromised while climbing.

On the highway or in city traffic, the difference will definitely be bigger.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Most Fuel Efficient SUV's and Pick-ups 2011