New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I think the Philippines can do it.

Ngayon nga e, kahit sobrang palpak na gobyerno natin...may mga umuusad pa ring mga PInoy companies....at ekonomiya natin....

Well...dahil na rin sa OFWs natin.....our heroes.............

What more kung may direksyon ang pamahalaan natin at todo suporta ang ibigay sa mga Pinoy entrepreneurs.........................

Aba, we can relive our glory days in the 1950's at 60's.....yung time na mas lamang tayo sa ASEAN at East Asian neighbors natin...second lang tayo sa Japan...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yesterday i went to grocery and saw this peanut bar. The packaging is full of chinese characters and also saying its a chinese deli. Then there is a big sticker on the front side "MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES!"

Masarap ah. Hindi ko na nga nakunan ng picture kasi naubos ko na. naitapon yung packaging...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    masarap ang local chocolates natin...

chocnut, hany, flat tops, curly tops, nips, sergs, yung chocolate na bola ng american football, cloud nine, big bang, yung maliit na chocolate na may wrapper na silver etc.

at least walang formalin yan.safe na masarap pa.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Am sure everyone noticed how almost everything has a made in China equivalent. Or in fact most everything now is actually "Made in China".

What comes to mind is the perception of low-quality? Or is that no longer so? Because some of the toys I bought as gifts broke as they were being wrapped. Now of course they were cheap. And we Know China has also the super counterfeits.

Do we remember the time when "Made in Japan" was synonymous to inferior quality yet look at them now. Will China get to that level of quality?

In your opinion, would it be worth paying the cheaper price for a Chinese made good? Or are their items you would not scrimp on? Like safety equipment for example.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have a lot of "Made In China" computers/peripherals:

1. Mac Mini - designed by Apple, assembled in China
    2. All my DIY pc motherboards (Taiwan)
    3. Both my Linksys wired and Belkin Wireless G routers
    4. General Electric mouse
    5. 2 HP All In One Printers (different models)
    6. The tiny Micro Innovations wireless mouse on this laptop
    7. The Lasko upright electric fan
    8. The MS keyboard/optical mouse used with the Mini are designed by MS and assembled in China
    9. The cheap, almost 5-year old < $5 digital watch I'm wearing.

That's just a quick glance around me. I'd say they're good except for the printers. I have not seen any inkjet printer last very long.

I think it's also safe to say China's got us by the balls.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 19th, 2007 at 08:45 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Do we remember the time when "Made in Japan" was synonymous to inferior quality yet look at them now. Will China get to that level of quality?

In your opinion, would it be worth paying the cheaper price for a Chinese made good? Or are their items you would not scrimp on? Like safety equipment for example.
    I'm not old enough to remember "Made In Japan" as inferior. But then, I don't automatically assume anything made in Japan is of superior quality. During two visits there, I noticed Japan has its own share of lemons. Of course, they never find their way outside of Japan.

China has the capacity to make top-notch goods. Just look at their brethen in Taiwan. It's in the design of the goods where they may lack. But, that will improve with time.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    No offense meant to my tsinoys kababayan there...but as much as possible
    i tried to avoid purchasing things that are made in china.I valued my blood,sweat & tears hard earned money

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    safety equipment no. meron kami dito sa rig, 4 made in china lifeboats, designed in norway. may warranty claim kami sa 2. yung release pin na suppose to be stainless steel e nabali, and it is not stainless steel but plated lang. then yung fiberglass merong crack sa loob. and all the stainless steel parts were rusting.

pero pag yung mga gamit na throw away, or you expect it to last a short time only because it;s cheap, then sulit na din. lalo na if the need for it is for a short time din lang naman.

chinese r&d is mostly buy and copy.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Eh yung Telecom equipment nila na Huawei? Ang dami nang kumukuha nito. Pinapalitan na yung mga big time players sa Telecom like Ericsson, Nortel, Siemens, etc. Kasi mura raw.

Dito sa Saudi, ang daming Intsik ngayon, andito sila para mag-install ng Huawei equipments.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    safety equipment no. meron kami dito sa rig, 4 made in china lifeboats, designed in norway. may warranty claim kami sa 2. yung release pin na suppose to be stainless steel e nabali, and it is not stainless steel but plated lang. then yung fiberglass merong crack sa loob. and all the stainless steel parts were rusting.

pero pag yung mga gamit na throw away, or you expect it to last a short time only because it;s cheap, then sulit na din. lalo na if the need for it is for a short time din lang naman.

chinese r&d is mostly buy and copy.
    R&D = research and duplicate

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Made in China