New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hello guys/gals

In regards of the thread "Is Jeepney still something to be proud of?"
    Majority are not so good. And most comment are about how Jeepney's was made.

So, Im thinking if we post our ideas what Jeepney as a vehicle (public or personal) needs.

From engine to exhaust, Suspensions to sunroof, spoiler or handrails, gas diesel or nukes)

(kuya moderators please merge, this topic if you think it should go to an existing thread)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I'm going to pattern my jeepney after that aircon jeep that's really a bus that looks like a jeep. Then I'll put a jet engine on it, and maybe wings.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    why can't we have electric buses painted and decorated outlandishly to retain the jeepney's fun and festive spirit yet reap the benefits of cleaner emission and less congested streets. these buses can be extended so you'll have the capacity of 10 (or more) jeepneys in one. if they can do it in san francisco where they have impossible steep hills and narrow streets, i'm sure it can be done in manila. but as yebo had mentioned, this takes vision, something our politicians sorely lack, and money, something that they would rather pocket than contribute to the greater good. okay, i'm done ranting.

Last edited by wren; May 5th, 2006 at 09:35 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Electric? Not very practical. Note that fossil fuel power plants have about the same efficiency as that of diesel engines (which theoretically means the same emissions and economy, which defeats the purpose). Unless they'd be powered by a dedicated electric line, like the trains. But they ain't trains.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    Electric? Not very practical. Note that fossil fuel power plants have about the same efficiency as that of diesel engines (which theoretically means the same emissions and economy, which defeats the purpose). Unless they'd be powered by a dedicated electric line, like the trains. But they ain't trains.
    they are powered by dedicated electric lines...i just posted a picture above.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    they are powered by dedicated electric lines...i just posted a picture above.
    Oh ok, now I can see the bus. Damn Bayantel DSL!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I think the seat design should be similar to the MRT's, so naka designate ung tamang number na taong kasya. hindi half lang ng butt mo yung naka upo.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Pano kung >1 seat yung nagagamit nung katabi mo?

Even the relatively wide 2+2 bus seating can't take HUGE people without you being squeezed (believe me, I ride a 2+2 seating bus every week and sometimes...)!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    why can't we have electric buses painted and decorated outlandishly to retain the jeepney's fun and festive spirit yet reap the benefits of cleaner emission and less congested streets. these buses can be extended so you'll have the capacity of 10 (or more) jeepneys in one. if they can do it in san francisco where they have impossible steep hills and narrow streets, i'm sure it can be done in manila. but as yebo had mentioned, this takes vision, something our politicians sorely lack, and money, something that they would rather pocket than contribute to the greater good. okay, i'm done ranting.

It can be done, but I doubt if the bus operator will be able to make a profit, the Phil. has one of the higher electricity rates in the world. Kahit diesel engined na lang masaya na ako.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    For me aerodynamic dapat seats should be comfortable and well reclined including the driver and passenger seat.May GUMAGANANG gauges,dashboard,aircon, atbp.Yung jeep hindi sobrang haba at hindi sobrang maikli.Reserve tire dapat nasa likod at nasa ilalim ng jeep.Idrawing ko na lang kaya... Parang town and country cguro kalalabasan ng drawing ko nito..heehh
    Another electron product ko..nyahahah..

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Jeepneys - tell us your design concept