New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i caught Noli de Castro's show on DZMM's TV channel, and he was talking to an OFW who is working/worked at a mining company in Sierra Leone. The OFW bragged that the salary was so good, he had no trouble raising all his 7 kids. On top of that, he gets a vacation every 2 months so he can keep in touch with his family.

Then Noli replied that maybe the PH gov't shouldn't be banning OFWs from going to these countries -- i.e. politically unstable, with ongoing wars, or impending pandemics -- since the pay and leave benefits are good. So he's saying, go to a country with an Ebola outbreak right at its borders, risk spreading the pandemic here and let the ill-equipped government deal with the fallout. In the meantime the French government has asked Air France to suspend flights to Freetown, Sierra Leone's biggest city(link) Simply amazing.

Sigurado ako, this will make twisted sense to some of his listeners. And sigurado ako, pag tinamaan tayo ng Ebola, he'll be one of the first people who will go on air and blame the government for this.

Utang na loob, somebody please describe the Ebola threat to him before he goes on air again.
    Last edited by badkuk; August 28th, 2014 at 11:03 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Pulitikong brodkaster at brodkaster na pulitiko. Maniniwala ka pa ba dyan? Ang problema maraming regular folks who follow and believe blindly lahat ng naririnig sa radyo at napapanood sa tv.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If it reaches this country, majority of the casualties will be from class A-C. Why, cause those in class D & E have live their lives with all the microbes & bacterias that their resistance level are way too high to survive.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    You rarely see newsreaders/politicians in other countries...except in the Philippines.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    If it reaches this country, majority of the casualties will be from class A-C. Why, cause those in class D & E have live their lives with all the microbes & bacterias that their resistance level are way too high to survive.
    You're joking, right?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yes, sad to admit but we do have a lot of Filipino countrymen in Africa. Miners, loggers, plantation managers, cattlemen, etc. When I was in Kenya, I was be-friended by a small group of loggers in the airport, they were bound for a logging confine in Uganda.

In Ghana, I've come across Filipino miners working in the diamond and manganese mines.

The native people across the African continent are free to move around. It's like us booking and getting a flight to Bacolod or Cebu. Trade and goods cross borders with minimal or no checks at all. So to think that Ebola is confined to a specific country or two is really horrifying.

Bottomline, modesty aside, I've been to at least half of the countries in Africa, and Ebola is no laughing matter.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Another thing, Africans love their bushmeat.

See here: Bushmeat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bushmeat is one of the carriers of Ebola.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Blame africans when it reaches here the goverment should have medical check-up for foreigners before they
    can enter the Republic of The Philippines

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Blame africans when it reaches here the goverment should have medical check-up for foreigners before they
    can enter the Republic of The Philippines
    African governments check the health of people leaving their countries?

i don't think they do that

it's up to the airlines siguro if they'll allow people with fever to board planes

and it's up to the destination country to check kung may fever mga pumapasok sa bansa nila

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast