New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    eto lang ung napapansin ko dito. whenever you see an accident of sorts, you always see people rushing to carry people out of the scene and onto ambulances/vehicles. di ko ata nakikita na me nag aapply ng first aid. isip ko lang kasi, ung mga cases na DOA, baka di naman dapat namatay, had they received proper first aid -- e.g. applying a bandage on an open wound, administering CPR, etc.

di ba dapat ung mga pulis, traffic enforcers, firefighters, etc., should be doing this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    malimit pa dito isang tao lang nagbubuhat tapos yung tipong laylay yung ulo or kamay. Lalong maagravate yung injury nung naaksidente. Baka nga kesa mabuhay pa eh matutuluyan na

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    IMHO, everybody should know first aid and CPR. Modesty aside, my knowledge of CPR came in handy a couple of times on the road in the past. Who knows? The life you would be saving might be of a loved one or someone you know. I learned about first and CPR just by reading the articles I downloaded in the 'Net years ago.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    sabi nga nila basic lang naman: ABCD => (A) is for airway, make sure the patient has a good airway, nothing blocking his mouth and/or nostrils that might impede the passage of air; (B) is for breathing, make sure the patient is able to breath (mouth to mouth mo kung kailangan); (C) is circulation, dapat may dumadaloy na dugo sa mga ugat niya, kaya i-external chest compression mo kung kailangan, and (D) is for drugs, sana may dala kang mga gamot para tulungan ang pasyente

kung aksidente, cardinal rule, first do no harm (primum no nocere). lalo na kung unconscious, try to ascertain kung may tama sa cervical spine ang pasyente. if you can't determine this, stabilize and support (ergo immobilize) mo na lang ang neck so that you won't add to the injury.

question lang (trivia na din): sa mga TV shows, kapag nag-fa-flatline ang mga pasyente, ang una nilang instinct is to use the defibrillator. anyone knows why?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    um...mas effective siguro kesa ung pagmasahe ng chest/heart?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di pinapahalagahan buhay ng tao dito sa pinas.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    um...mas effective siguro kesa ung pagmasahe ng chest/heart?
    sorry. i got carried away with posting. this is going to get too technical.

anyway, sabi sa mga pag-aaral, di daw talaga flatline yun but very fine cardiac fibrillation during "cardiac arrest" kaya defibrillator ang ginagamit. napansin ko lang kasi ang unang instinct ng mga palabas sa TV at sinehan e gamitin ang defibrillator. kahit sa baywatch. kaya napaisip ako.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When you come across someone with no breathing and no pulse, your first reaction would be to initiate cardiopulmonary resusciation. The heart has stopped pumping so you need to "massage" it back to function. This is the purpose of your chest compression procedure. However, chest compression is futile without oxygen bein delieverd to the lungs for transport to the body and vice versa, thus necesitating the need for mouth to mouth blows.
    Fibrillation means that there is an abnormal electrical spread of the current inside the heart, thus causing fine, uncoordinated and ineffective pumping. Doing "DE"-fibrillation means you introduce a sequence of strong electric jolts to the heart (measured in JOULES) with the hope that you "shock" the heart back to its proper cardiac rhythm and pace. 2 paddles are applied to the chest... one to the sternal area and the other to the apex. No one should be in contact with the patient except the operator holding the 2 paddles. In our institution back in UST, we would usually shout" ONE, I'm clear, TWO, you're clear, THREE everybody clear" then depress the 2 paddle triggers.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wiretap_md
    When you come across someone with no breathing and no pulse, your first reaction would be to initiate cardiopulmonary resusciation. The heart has stopped pumping so you need to "massage" it back to function. This is the purpose of your chest compression procedure. However, chest compression is futile without oxygen bein delieverd to the lungs for transport to the body and vice versa, thus necesitating the need for mouth to mouth blows.
    Fibrillation means that there is an abnormal electrical spread of the current inside the heart, thus causing fine, uncoordinated and ineffective pumping. Doing "DE"-fibrillation means you introduce a sequence of strong electric jolts to the heart (measured in JOULES) with the hope that you "shock" the heart back to its proper cardiac rhythm and pace. 2 paddles are applied to the chest... one to the sternal area and the other to the apex. No one should be in contact with the patient except the operator holding the 2 paddles. In our institution back in UST, we would usually shout" ONE, I'm clear, TWO, you're clear, THREE everybody clear" then depress the 2 paddle triggers.
    sir wiretap_md, add ko lang, while doing resuscitation, don't forget to call for help

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kaso ang problema.. sila mismo hinde alam kung anu un first aid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
first aid, anyone?