New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Just ranting. So this has come to pass, and it seems all is not well:

- DPWH opened up the repair works before the full curing time
    imho: they should have left it as is. There are already some reports of cracks along the repaired portions, now we won't know if this is due to insufficient curing time or the contractor's fault. Then we'll need to repair it again, which means more money, more traffic.
    The whole point of the reblocking is short term gain, long term gain. i can't help but think all this went to waste by opening up EDSA too early.

(i commute along EDSA daily btw, isa na ako sa natrapik last Wednesday night. )

- DPWH blaming MMDA for delaying the repairwork
    imho: again, this sounds a lot like pro-masa politics.

- contractor not finishing on time; heard that a few workers went on leave during Holy Week

imho: there's not much to say here. If it's really their fault, then it's lousy management on their part, and they should at least be made to shoulder the costs of repairs/delays.

Right now i read that DPWH plans to do more major repairwork at the Magallanes interchange, and a stretch of EDSA between Roxas to "at least" Greenhills. There's really not too many long weekends this year(malabo atang magrereblocking sila during Christmas) so i don't know kung kelan nila isisingit to. Baka sa susunod na Holy Week uli?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Goverment policy of bidding out projects to the lowest bidder always translate to sub-standard quality=need to redo the project...

DPWH takes the blame for EDSA 'hell' | Coconuts Manila

DPWH takes the blame for EDSA 'hell'
    By Coconuts ManilaApril 21, 2014 / 14:47 PHT tagsNews, EDSA, Traffic and transportation

Let's not forget, though, that the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) was asked to delay the start of the monster re-blocking project to give way to the Holy Week exodus.

"DPWH Secretary Rogelio Singson apologized to motorists on Monday, April 21, as delays in the road re-blocking along the Epifanio delos Santos Avenue (EDSA) caused heavy traffic," reports dzMM correspondent Dennis Datu on ABS-CBNnews.com.

Singson explained that the contractor, AKH Construction, only finished pouring concrete on the road on Saturday, April 19.

Well, maybe this would have been finished on time if some people didn't insist on pushing back the schedule.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014

this is where our tax goes..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The choice of which sections to reblock at the same time was so... haphazard. Like they rolled dice for it.

But what's new?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The choice of which sections to reblock at the same time was so... haphazard. Like they rolled dice for it.

But what's new?
    Same thoughts here. And there were some portions that were bad and adjacent to a reblocked portion but was not touched even if logic pointed at the part could have easily been included already since traffic flow was already impeded at that portion.

I agree it was stupid of the MMDA to point the delay entirely at the DPWH since it was the MMDA who ordered the push back in the kick-off time. Well, what do you expect from the MMDA...

And the #$^#*$% approach to Guadalupe bridge (southbound) is still mostly bad unless you take the rightmost lane.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    bwisiet na reblocking... di na natapos...

baket kase di nalang gawin one time big time, hindi iyong every weekend nlng kailangan iwasan ang edsa...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dba dapat wala nang reblocking sa edsa after nung holy week?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    Dba dapat wala nang reblocking sa edsa after nung holy week?
    Hinde natapos nag sorry na ang DPWH Secretary.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kulang pa kasi kickback para sa susunod na election

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Suspended muna this weekend dahil sa INC cult...at darating si Obama on Monday...

News5 Everywhere - MMDA: 'WALA MUNANG ROAD REBLOCKING'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast