New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 163 of 271 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2710
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    Kailan kaya magiging available yung diesel na cx5? I've been waiting for this..!
    2016 at the earliest according to Steven Tan. Skyactiv D needs Euro IV diesel and 2016 is the government's deadline.

Mom texted me yesterday. She hit 145 on the way to Davao without noticing. Tinapik na lang sya ni erpat. Sarap kasi ng engine sound at that speed

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    2016 at the earliest according to Steven Tan. Skyactiv D needs Euro IV diesel and 2016 is the government's deadline.

Mom texted me yesterday. She hit 145 on the way to Davao without noticing. Tinapik na lang sya ni erpat. Sarap kasi ng engine sound at that speed

Ang hirap lang sa diesel skyactiv ay medyo maselan sa quality ng fuel. Euro 4 diesel is a very strict requirement for quality.Kung lalagyan lang ng ordinary high-cetane diesel ang skyactiv engine it may cause problem in the future.

another thing is the maintenance cost for diesel engine,normally higher talaga compared sa gas engines,plus mausok pa diesel kahit papanong linis ng fuel at good combustion..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ebowme4867 View Post
    Ang hirap lang sa diesel skyactiv ay medyo maselan sa quality ng fuel. Euro 4 diesel is a very strict requirement for quality.Kung lalagyan lang ng ordinary high-cetane diesel ang skyactiv engine it may cause problem in the future.

another thing is the maintenance cost for diesel engine,normally higher talaga compared sa gas engines,plus mausok pa diesel kahit papanong linis ng fuel at good combustion..

Well, kaya nga iniintay din maging widely available ang Euro4 Diesel dito, which should happen by 2016.

And, the answer to your second paragraph is: Yojin3.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by germs View Post
    Well, kaya nga iniintay din maging widely available ang Euro4 Diesel dito, which should happen by 2016.

And, the answer to your second paragraph is: Yojin3.
    Beyond yojin3, it is more costly to maintain a diesel engine.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ebowme4867 View Post
    Beyond yojin3, it is more costly to maintain a diesel engine.

Here goes the blanket statement again. I maintain both gas and diesel cars, and so far the diesel is only more expensive because it consumes more oil (9L vs 4L)

The cost difference though can easily be offset by the fuel savings of cheaper diesel.

Noone's ever posted numbers comparing the fuel and maintenance cost of a diesel vs. a gasoline fed car over a span of 5 or 10 years - it's always a sweeping statement that diesel is more expensive to maintain. This could be true, but by how much exactly? I don't know why noone seems to be interested.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    One of those out-of-date advices being passed on. Like rev the engine before turning it off, shake the car while refueling, warm up the engine for 10 minutes in the morning, etc.

If you can afford a 1.5M++ vehicle, then you should be able to afford to maintain it. If you can't, then buy a lower tier vehicle

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Here goes the blanket statement again. I maintain both gas and diesel cars, and so far the diesel is only more expensive because it consumes more oil (9L vs 4L)

The cost difference though can easily be offset by the fuel savings of cheaper diesel.

Noone's ever posted numbers comparing the fuel and maintenance cost of a diesel vs. a gasoline fed car over a span of 5 or 10 years - it's always a sweeping statement that diesel is more expensive to maintain. This could be true, but by how much exactly? I don't know why noone seems to be interested.

I did a side-by-side comparison last month when choosing between Sportage gas and crdi. Crdi is maintained every 5Tkm while gas is every 7.5Tkm. The crdi's usual maintenance cost (I got the prices from the Service Advisor) was about 30% more expensive for the crdi. Then I compared a major PMS schedule cost (45T for gas and 40T for the crdi) and the price difference is a whopping 60% more for the crdi.

Based on these computations, I concluded that the diesel is more expensive to maintain and even the savings in fuel cost won't make up for it. The 45Tkm comparison is roughly 5 years for me and I couldn't get any closer apples to apples comparison between diesel and gas than the one I did for the Sportage. I chose the gas for practicality but of course the crdi should have been more fun to drive.

Posted via iPhone using Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    There was some discussion before regarding diesel versus gas. Here's one-

http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...-innova-25157/

9. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by extremeshot View Post
    I did a side-by-side comparison last month when choosing between Sportage gas and crdi. Crdi is maintained every 5Tkm while gas is every 7.5Tkm. The crdi's usual maintenance cost (I got the prices from the Service Advisor) was about 30% more expensive for the crdi. Then I compared a major PMS schedule cost (45T for gas and 40T for the crdi) and the price difference is a whopping 60% more for the crdi.

Based on these computations, I concluded that the diesel is more expensive to maintain and even the savings in fuel cost won't make up for it. The 45Tkm comparison is roughly 5 years for me and I couldn't get any closer apples to apples comparison between diesel and gas than the one I did for the Sportage. I chose the gas for practicality but of course the crdi should have been more fun to drive.

Posted via iPhone using Tsikot Mobile App
    Talking about the cx5, i would rather spend buying the gas skyactiv than its diesel version because of environment friendly combustion exhaust, tidy and silent engine, low overall vibration, and lower maintenance cost beyond the yojin3 package, that will not be easily break even by the cost of fuel, im pretty sure the diesel skyactiv will cost more than the gas version..my 2 cents.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    waiting for my wihite awd cx5. got this cost schedule of yojin3 for the next 60,000km or 3 years (whichever comes first).

10,000km or 6 months whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = PhP 7,030.00
    20,000km or 12 months whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = Php12,471.00
    30,000km or 18 months whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = PhP 7,030.00
    40,000km or 24 months whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = Php15,023.00
    50,000km or 30 months whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = PhP26,537.00
    60,000km or 36 months whichever comes first Periodic Maintenance Service = PhP14,285.00

so total is = 82.3k.

Mazda CX-5