New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 58 of 209 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    before i forget... kudos to ronn for the updates!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    inquiry on glow plugs

I know there has been a post about glow plugs before, but would just like to ask. what brand of glow plugs have you guys been using? I've been looking for the kitahara glow plugs for quote some time. Out of stock din daw sa banaue. Another thing... Is it really true that its better to use a lower voltage glow plug? Ive been changing glow plugs every 4-5 months or so. Ive had the relay checked with an electrician, la naman daw problema.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinematographer View Post
    inquiry on glow plugs

I know there has been a post about glow plugs before, but would just like to ask. what brand of glow plugs have you guys been using? I've been looking for the kitahara glow plugs for quote some time. Out of stock din daw sa banaue. Another thing... Is it really true that its better to use a lower voltage glow plug? Ive been changing glow plugs every 4-5 months or so. Ive had the relay checked with an electrician, la naman daw problema.
    maybe some of you guys who need Kitahara glow plugs can order it from sir duskylim and he'd just bring it to the EB this march28? and maybe air and fuel filters too!

Quote Originally Posted by chinesecarebear View Post
    sorry to say guys but can't make it that day. since nasa manufacturing ako eh may pasok ako that day. =(

enjoy guys.. sayng ronn di ko makikita yun B2600i ng friend mo.
    kala ko sat sun off ka sir? di bale maguupload kami ng maraming pics. hehe. si sir robert hindi rin sure sa march28 kasi graduation daw ng anak nya pero try pa rin daw sumipot.

Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post

To Ronn - sir, do you have any issues with E10 gasoline? marami akong kaibigan na nagsasabi na masama ang experience nila - hesitation, misfire, sometimes even shutdown!

If you have any of these issues with E10 gas, then I might be able to help. We'll talk about it on the next EB (its a sensitive issue) o kaya PM me for details.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim
    no issues as of yet except for hesitation/misfier during 85kph up. i only use either petron xcs / blaze, caltex gold, shell v-power. not sure if it's the gasoline, fuel pump (pa rin? naka-Carter electric rotary vane na ako e), or high tension wires. nag-order na ako ng MSD Super Conductor Wire set (8mm) para sure na.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear bors:

Yes sir!!! I got your order. Will bring it sa EB.

Dear Cinematographer:

Sir, will bring your order sa EB.

Wala na bang mga kitahara plugs duon sa Banawe St.? Hmmm that's news to me!

Pls try Fordland or Fordmaster, across from Ha Yuan restaurant on Banawe. Usually meron sila.

I will ask my supplier in Binondo 1st kung meron pa sila, I know the last time I asked, they were out of stock of the model for the B2200/B2500 - PZ-30 series.

As to the voltage, if you are experiencing short glow plug life (as is obvious from your 4 to 5 month average) you should install HIGHER voltage plugs rather than lower voltage models.

The lower voltage plugs heat up very quickly (for faster pre-heats and starts) but tend to burn out very fast also. The higher voltage plugs take a longer time to heat up but last a LOT LONGER.

I myself use 12 volt glow plugs (a well-stocked store should have up to 12.5 volt models).

The originals were 11 volt models and lived for about 7 - 8 years (Nippondenso) but cost about Php 1250 EACH!!!

The ORIGINAL Kitahara's are about Php 350 each so malaki ang matitipid mo talaga.

Do NOT buy glow plugs without being able to TEST them. You may like me, and get a set of lemons.

If you want a set of filters, (oil, air and fuel) its best to have samples as sometimes the filters are different.

I will call to check out the current cost of filters for B2500s - and will post them on this thread. I am not familiar with the filters for B2200s or R2/RF engines - please bring samples or provide me with the part numbers.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

Quote Originally Posted by rivco View Post
    To Everyone!

Welcome to the new active members of the thread. Pasensya kung medyo taahimik ako sa Thread. Nabusy lang bigla. hehehe. Anyway,Game ako sa 28th! Kudos to Azzkkr (ron) for making this thread active and yung walang sawang reminder na maging active! Thanks to him we have another EB.

I read na someone was suggesting a sticker. Thats a very good idea! It will promote our group as well as the b-series trucks!

*azzzkr dala na tayo ng pen and paper or kung gsto mo parang registration form para we can get more info about the members of the group. Mahirap kasi magisaisa ng tao just to get their details (i know u know how diffucult it is kasi your the one who asked overyone tapos ang hirap buuhin yung contac list). We need the info kasi we just might help each other on other things and not only with our trucks but also in our careers and businesses!

Hopefully we have silent readers of this thread na pupunta like "cinematographer". Si AB ba nagparamdam na? Basta everyone is welcome to come just don't get alarmed when a group of guys are flagging you down! hehehe. MAMARA ulit tayo ng mga na B-Series na dadaan Ronn (azzkkr) hahaha!! See you guys on the the 28th!
    i'll prepare the sheet then aka registration form? tama ka dyan at least may referral or tatakbuhan tayo kung may kailangan sa ibang aspects!

yun first EB nga natin may nakita si misis dumaan lowered light blue metallic na B-Series tulad nun sakin e. sayang pinara sana natin yun! hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by csi28 View Post

before maligo

after maligo

sa tingin nyo may pagbabago ba?
    malaki pinagbago sir csi28! para mamaintain mong malinis yan, punasan mo din sya daily bago mo start ang truck mo. kasabay nyan ang pag-check ng fluids ng beloved b-series mo. i noticed nga sa pic na kulang ng brake fluid yun reservoir (parang 2/3 full). OC kasi ako sa mga ganyan gusto ko lagi puno laman (except for fuel -- ang mahal ng gasolina!)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by azzkkr2600 View Post
    no issues as of yet except for hesitation/misfier during 85kph up. i only use either petron xcs / blaze, caltex gold, shell v-power. not sure if it's the gasoline, fuel pump (pa rin? naka-Carter electric rotary vane na ako e), or high tension wires. nag-order na ako ng MSD Super Conductor Wire set (8mm) para sure na.
    Dear ronn:

Does the misfire occurs only at 85 kph and above? Do you have a tachometer? Does it occur at a specific RPM in ALL gears or just in 4th or 5th?

Does it feel like you hit a brickwall or someone shut the engine off at that speed (85kph) - OR - does it gasp and backfire through the air filter?

The 1st condition is an excessively RICH mixture, the 2nd condition is LEAN backfire.

Usually with a slightly RICH mixture, the engine will pull strongly up to the onset and then will feel like it shutdown or hit a wall when it becomes TOO RICH.

With the lean mixture, the car will pull weakly up to the lean-out point and start to gasp as the mixture becomes un-ignitable via the sparkplugs.

Very unlikely its the fuel pump. The stock fuel pump will run out of steam well above 130-140 kph. A stock pump should be able to bring you to about 150 kph without problems.

It could be an ignition problem but without actually seeing it - hard to say.

Try this, to check if its a mixture problem, (I am 75% to 80% sure it is) turn the engine OFF on a lonely road when the misfire occurs and take off the spark plugs - the color will tell you whats going on in the carb department.

Black spark plugs means a rich mixture and white plugs with pepper spots means lean detonation.

Both are bad - the rich mixture washes oil from the piston rings and contaminates your oil, while the lean mixture burns the engine up from the inside.

I had a 1981 Galant Sigma with a 2.0 liter 4G63B with twin downdraft Weber 32/36 DGAVs.

It could do 70 kph in 1st gear, 110 kph in 2nd and 140 kph in 3rd - so I'm a little surprised at your problem.

Curious,

Dusky Lim

Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Dear ronn:

Does the misfire occurs only at 85 kph and above? Do you have a tachometer? Does it occur at a specific RPM in ALL gears or just in 4th or 5th?

Does it feel like you hit a brickwall or someone shut the engine off at that speed (85kph) - OR - does it gasp and backfire through the air filter?

The 1st condition is an excessively RICH mixture, the 2nd condition is LEAN backfire.

Usually with a slightly RICH mixture, the engine will pull strongly up to the onset and then will feel like it shutdown or hit a wall when it becomes TOO RICH.

With the lean mixture, the car will pull weakly up to the lean-out point and start to gasp as the mixture becomes un-ignitable via the sparkplugs.

Very unlikely its the fuel pump. The stock fuel pump will run out of steam well above 130-140 kph. A stock pump should be able to bring you to about 150 kph without problems.

It could be an ignition problem but without actually seeing it - hard to say.

Try this, to check if its a mixture problem, (I am 75% to 80% sure it is) turn the engine OFF on a lonely road when the misfire occurs and take off the spark plugs - the color will tell you whats going on in the carb department.

Black spark plugs means a rich mixture and white plugs with pepper spots means lean detonation.

Both are bad - the rich mixture washes oil from the piston rings and contaminates your oil, while the lean mixture burns the engine up from the inside.

I had a 1981 Galant Sigma with a 2.0 liter 4G63B with twin downdraft Weber 32/36 DGAVs.

It could do 70 kph in 1st gear, 110 kph in 2nd and 140 kph in 3rd - so I'm a little surprised at your problem.

Curious,

Dusky Lim
    it only occurs in the 4th or 5th. suspecting that it's the high tension wires. my mechanic and electrician once serviced this type of problem at it was the splitfire sparkplug wire set that's defective. so i'm guessing that the plugs would be a little bit black. will check it this weekend.

before i replaced the fuel pump, it was a little bit hard to drive up a hill i.e. kennon or marcos hi-way because of stepping hard (most of the time) on the gas pedal. the old mitsuba diaphragm-type pump couldn't keep up with the demands of the weber carb. sometimes it backfired through the air filter during long trips * 100kph up.

could it also be the plugs? i'm now using hot plugs (BPR5) cuz the cold plugs are out of stock. i've been using cold plugs (BPR6) til last January/February when i had the truck tuned.