New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 112 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2085
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Boys! Haha sorry for the late reply. Anyways, pretty busy these couple of days, galing kami sa CAMPI kanina. If you guys ever drop there, visit the mitsubishi booth, notice the Montero Sport and the Strada, we did the hitch receiver and the skid plate of that

Regarding the logo, kahit ano okay saken ronn.. the only thing that concerns me is when I put up a vectorized truck there is what do I put up, a lifted truck or a lowered truck?

*pigface: san ba carshow, SMX or WTC? hehe. will be there this weekend then. punta ka ba? been textin you the past couple of days but you didn't reply. got a new number? PM mo sakin or text mo na lang ako bro... about the logo, pwede naman standard / lowered / lifted truck. prolly a silhouette ng oldschool mazda truck din. di pa ako nakapagpagawa e..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear John:

Definitely we should establish some place where we can get together for drinks - a capital idea. Can't make it to the carshow, busy ako this weekend.

Dear carbuncle:

Glad to be of help, anytime sir. Tawaran mo pa sila - they may give you a discount (bigla pala nag-mura yung water pump) - is it original or replacement?

Dear rags:

It seems that your problem is a bad set of glow plugs, unburnt diesel fuel is accumulating in the chambers before it starts and that's causing the white smoke.

Replace ALL your glowplugs with KHT-Kitahara's (available at Fordland or Fordmaster) get PZ-30's or PZ-35's.

Also replace your glow relay with one from a Hyundai Starex.

Do this 1st BEFORE thinking of overhauls.

Regards,

Dusky

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Dear Sir Dusky,

Thanks for responding. Is the glow relay responsible for the heater timing before starting? It it is, I think its not working with mine anymore. The green light in the dashboard shuts immediately (about one second) has not even warmth the glow plug. My electrician has installed a switch for my heater plug which I had to switch on for (ten seconds) before I start. Is it OK? Comment please.

Where is the glow relay located pala.

Salamat po.

RAG
    Last edited by rag; August 20th, 2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: additional info

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Any one experience a kalampag please.

After my trip to Baguio, I noticed there is kalampag coming from the back of my pick up whenever I change gear. What do you think would be the possible source of the kalampag bushing or gear?

Thanks.

RAG

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I pick logo number #5. Its fits all body color except black. When is this going to be available for distribution and how much will each sticker cost?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear rags:

No, the glow relay is just a heavy-duty relay, NOT the timer - that's located somewhere in your dashboard.

It can be found just behind your battery, mounted in front of the fuel filter assembly.

It's a little black plastic box, about the size of 2 matchstick boxes stacked together.

There are 2 sets of spade terminals underneath the relay, the smaller pair (small connectors) is the trigger from the glow timer and the heavy-duty pair (big connectors) switches the glow plugs themselves.

The trigger circuit gets its control signal from the glow timer, and the heavy duty pair is supplied from the Main Fuse box via a 60 ampere fuse.

The standard rating is for 60 amperes, but the Hyundai one says 80 amps.

The glow plugs themselves are fed via a heavy copper rail in PARALLEL and the cylinder head is grounded to the chassis.

One second of glow is definitely too short for pre-heating, the average is 4-5 seconds but 10 seconds is TOO LONG that will burn out your plugs.

If you are familiar with industrial electronics and control (like me - he, he, he) you can use a CAMSCO (Taiwan) brand industrial timer to replace it - but you have to find one that operates with 12 volts.

The advantage of an industrial timer is that it is adjustable within a wide range of settings - seconds, minutes, hours, depending upon the set-up.

If you install a manual control vs the timer, I wouldn't use a toggle switch (a switch that stays where it is set - like a household light switch), a push button would be better as it is Normally OFF and cannot be left on by mistake.

If you want to learn the procedure on how to check glow plugs, please read my past posts - you may learn a lot.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim
    Last edited by duskylim; August 20th, 2010 at 05:09 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by azzkkr2600 View Post
    #9:

eto pick ko para sa t-shirt..

sa sticker lahat naman maganda...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Mga Sir:

Sa wakas - online na muli ang Tsikot!

Ok back to business - suggestions for next EB gentlemen.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Sa next EB, botohan na! Running na ulit ang truck ko. Sa Mckinley Hill kaya, para neutral place.