New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 111 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2085
    #6:

#7:

#8:

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    wow. number 8 is cool. how can i get a copy for printing? by the way guys. sino sa inyo nakapg palit na ng water pump assembly for B25?

regards,

percy

also trying to contact my friend to make a cartoon of a mazda truck para mailagay sa logo natin. hehe. cartoonist sya sa canada. anyone who can share his/her proposed logo/s? paging sir pigface!! hehe!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle View Post
    wow. number 8 is cool. how can i get a copy for printing? by the way guys. sino sa inyo nakapg palit na ng water pump assembly for B25?

regards,

percy
    Dear percy:

I have had to replace my water pump. What happened is that there were 2 leaks in the system.

1) nagkaroon ng maliit na leak sa raidator (stone strike puncture one of the tubes) at hindi ko pinansin (very bad).

I would just add some water (everyday) to top the system off and refill the next.

What happened is I got stuck in traffic which caused the whole thing to overheat, and the water pump ran dry.

Naturally the mechanical seal on the pump failed, causing it to pour water out of a hole on the underside of the shaft.

That cost me Php 3000 (in 2002) for a brand-new pump (not including the radiator overhaul) and taught me a lesson - Do NOT neglect any leak in your cooling system.

I installed the pump myself (which I can say is NOT an easy job).

You know since that overheat I have a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that the engine doesn't run as well as before.

Don't let this happen to you.

BTW nowadays, there are spare parts for the water pump, you can buy the bearings, impeller and mechanical seals for much less than a new one (which I believe is very expensive).

What you can do is to bring it to a reputable radiator and machine shop, have them dismantle the water pump and press out all the parts - they use a hydraulic press for this.

Then while you are having your radiator overhauled (a necessary step) buy the parts and have the machine shop press you pump back together.

The press work will cost you about Php 500. Radiator overhauls are around Php 2500 and the parts are from Php 1000 - 1500.

You should prepare about Php 5K just in case, of course if you can find a cheap pump you can just install that first instead and then overhaul the pump (as a spare) and the radiator at you leisure.

Try calling Fordmaster and Fordland in Banawe for the cost of a new water pump.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

Keep on Trucking!

#9:

#9:

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hi dusky. thank you for that information. i'll share here what happend na rin. actually. naka schedule talaga ako for radiator overhaul last saturday. so i went to sammy's (beside shopwise commonwealth). so, basically ok na radiator ko. pero napansin nila na may leak sa water pump ko.

i went to janice (regalado ave sa lagro) para mag canvass. sabi dun 1,800. then tumawag ako sa fordland and presyo dun is 1,200. i might go there sa weekend. labor naman sa jajarade dun sa neopolitan is 750. i think it's a fair deal na rin. since then naka tambay lang b25 ko sa garahe... miss ko na nga eh. hehehe

regards,

percy

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Sir Dusky,

I noticed that my glow plug (number 1 front most) is wet when I cleaned it. NOt sure if oil or diesel. What does it indicates. I cleaned it because the engine wont start. After the cleaning it started. However, in the morning, there's a smoke although a bit at warming up and engine shaky until it is fully warmed. Does my engine needs overhauling or injection pump overhaul?

Thanks.

RAG