New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 105 of 209 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2085
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear John:

Be Warned!

There are unscrupulous vendors out there who will sell you fake and/or used or even broken glow plugs - as some of my posts indicate I have met quite a few.

Please read the older posts as to the procedure on how to test them.

Longer plug life can be obtained by using higher voltage (12 volt) glow plugs, they take a little longer to heat but don't burn up so quickly.

If it were up to me I would want to replace the broken plug as the affected cylinder will always start 'wet' - that is it will always accumulate diesel on starting - washing out some lubrication and increasing wear.

Fordland and Fordmaster in Banawe St., carry the original KHT Kitahara's. I believe they are still around the prices I quoted.

If you do decide to replace the entire set of plugs, go whole hog and replace your glow relay too.

You can use the one for the Hyundai Starex which has an even higher ampere rating. Fordmaster has these.

Good Luck.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim
    Last edited by duskylim; August 4th, 2010 at 10:44 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    hi guys congrats sa eb,, sayang di nanaman ako nakapunta huhuhuhu inggit naman ako, next tym sana nandun ba si csi?

Quote Originally Posted by John_Acha View Post
    *duskylim - Thank you. I am halfway through reading the posts. I am just using cheap glow plugs till I find out what's wrong with my engine. I guess it also boils down to the quality of the glow plugs. What can you expect from P100 plugs anyway, right? I'll try those Kitahara ones.

I am one of those, if it ain't broken, don't fix it guys. Maybe I need to do a little researching here and there about how to fix minor problems.

Thanks again.
    * sir john_acha: good day sir! periodic maintenance is a must! this way, it would be a worry-free driving for you!

get the habit of opening your truck's hood every morning (or before cold starts) and check all fluid levels (and filling/refilling them if not in the max line) including belts tension.

for your engine and brakes' basic periodic maintenance, do the following: (since our trucks are more than 10years old, i recommend doing this every 3000km [instead of 5000km] or 5 months whichever comes first.)

1. oil change -- use multi grade semi syn or fully synthentic
    2. oil filter -- use VIC oil filter
    3. replace air filter
    4. fuel filter
    5. check/clean/adjust/replace brakes

6. greasing of ball joints/tie rod ends/cross joints
    7. tire rotation/wheel balancing

every 10T km:
    1. replace glow plugs
    2. valve clearance adjustment
    3. a/c cleaning (yearly) -- replace expansion valve and filter drier + evaporator flushing.
    4. replace clutch belt/fan belt/alternator belt -- i do this every 2 years
    5. replace transmission oil and rear axle oil -- use premium SAE90 oil
    6. replace radiator fluids -- use only distilled water + coolant

sir dusky, did i miss anything? hehe.

* binder_clips: sir just text me kung gusto mo magpasama dun sa a/c shop. thanks!
    Last edited by azzkkr2600; August 4th, 2010 at 02:13 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by azzkkr2600 View Post
    * sir john_acha: good day sir! periodic maintenance is a must! this way, it would be a worry-free driving for you!

get the habit of opening your truck's hood every morning (or before cold starts) and check all fluid levels (and filling/refilling them if not in the max line) including belts tension.

for your engine and brakes' basic periodic maintenance, do the following: (since our trucks are more than 10years old, i recommend doing this every 3000km [instead of 5000km] or 5 months whichever comes first.)

1. oil change -- use multi grade semi syn or fully synthentic
    2. oil filter -- use VIC oil filter
    3. replace air filter
    4. fuel filter
    5. check/clean/adjust/replace brakes

6. greasing of ball joints/tie rod ends/cross joints
    7. tire rotation/wheel balancing

every 10T km:
    1. replace glow plugs
    2. valve clearance adjustment
    3. a/c cleaning (yearly) -- replace expansion valve and filter drier + evaporator flushing.
    4. replace clutch belt/fan belt/alternator belt -- i do this every 2 years
    5. replace transmission oil and rear axle oil -- use premium SAE90 oil
    6. replace radiator fluids -- use only distilled water + coolant

sir dusky, did i miss anything? hehe.
    Dear Ronn:

Sir - kamusta si Misis?

Mainit pa ba ulo?

Anyway, I hope you will recover from your injuries soon.

We are all praying for you.

Hoy! Joke only.

Tama ka sir!

You're even more extreme than me sa maintenance - I stick to the 5,000 km change and use regular (non-synthetic oils).

Changing at 3,000 km is HARDCORE! (and expensive).

Keep on Trucking!!!

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

[SIZE=3]more photos![/SIZE]

gerivic / B2500. 4x4. flatblack extended fenders & rear bumper. new mags.

ebasreb / B2600i. 4x4. A/T. all orig US ver.

binder_clips / B2500. 4x2. newly painted.

abysstone / B2200. 4x2. local. custom 2-dr cabplus.

pigface / B2500. 4x4. work in progress. new paint. 2-inch bodylift. ironman shocks. tsl swampers. custom 199ORH A-arms and front & rear bumpers.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    * pigface

malapit mo ng maenjy sir yun ride mo

ken / B2200. 4x2. stock? sorry di ko nabutingting. sa next EB dapat sa may shady area tayo. hehe.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi Guys:

Samantalhin ko na yung pagkakataon - if you guys are really serious about doing a little under-the-hood work, we should have access to a well-equipped repair shop, otherwise bad things could happen.

Ngayon kailangan mag-isip ng malalim kung saan tayo pwedeng mag-kalikot.

Just my 2 cents.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Hi Guys:

Samantalhin ko na yung pagkakataon - if you guys are really serious about doing a little under-the-hood work, we should have access to a well-equipped repair shop, otherwise bad things could happen.

Ngayon kailangan mag-isip ng malalim kung saan tayo pwedeng mag-kalikot.

Just my 2 cents.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim
    +1 with sir dusky. mas masaya kung may shop tayong pwedeng tambayan. pwede tayong magshare and learn with regards our ride. even I wanted to learn more.

wala lang kahutahan. ^_^

Truck and RoLL,