New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 92 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi everyone!

Sorry I couldnt come to the last EB, strange things has happened that day and I didnt have the numbers of you guys so I could tell you. Anyways, update for my B2500!! This is the first time I'll be showing you guys actual pics! haha.

Kakatapos lang ng masilya at ng primer, nalagyan na din ng base paint ngayon kaso madilim na kaya bukas ko na kuhanan ng picture ulit. As I've previously said, 32" tires ang ilalagay ko (I do a little off roading) no need for re-gearing as the engine can withstand the power of having 32" tires. And walang re-gear ang mazda, so we had to look for toyota regear. I backed out of the original plan of having solid axle swap too, its too expensive for me, but I'll see to it that it will be my next project.

Push through ang steel bumpers front and rear, tapos side-railings din. interiors will also be fixed kasi nangingitim na yung mga cover nung saken. hehe. Check out the pictures from bangga (miscarriage) to re-painting (rebirth! hahaha)

Looking forward to the next EB, sana maka punta na ko with my truck!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Continuation

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear pigface:

Great to hear from you again!!!

The pictures of the accident are painful to look at - my condolences, pre.

At least the repairs are proceeding well (finished na?).

Your baby is about to be reborn....

Hmmm the church looks awfully familiar - di ba simbahan sa Calamba street sa Sampaloc yan? - guess only.

Nag-ninong kasi na ako dyan.

Please attend the next EB with your newly restored ride!

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Wow, 20 years and yours only have 89k kms? Mine is 12 years old. The good thing with mine is diesel, unlike yours, gas fed so for sure your fuel expense is greater.hehe

For mine, from standstill to 80, it's still ok then to 100, it really needs a serious momentum. Beyond that, the engine just doesn't wanna go any faster anymore unless there's a downhill. This is the reason why I don't like to drive it long distance. 80 is too slow for me on provincial roads plus it's so physically exhausting going through the gears and yet the car just doesn't have enough juice to go any faster. Plus the dreaded uphills that would really push the rpm very high just for the car to move while eating my fuel very fast. That's why my truck is just a city dweller.hehe Hopefully when budget permits, we'll buy a new car again, the diesels of Hyundai is really luring me, and I am thinking of selling it already. However, everytime I look on the brighter side such as hauling stuff and how easy is the maintenance, I feel like this truck is really a keeper. I don't know, buy a new one but still keep it I guess.hehe

Pertaining to your last paragraph, I agree with you on that. It's really annoying that after every repair and you are starting to have a financial breather, another problem arises. I guess it's really given if you own an old vehicle. For me the most dreaded is engine overhaul and the clutch kit. Those would cause pain in the wallet.hehe

these trucks will last a long time with proper maintenance. and mind you, they were built for hauling, not for speed.

by the way, my truck is 22 years old with over 112,000 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bors View Post
    Its good to hear from another high miler trucker. My pickup has 257,791 original kms. It would have been better if i can say that it is still going strong; however, lately, I noticed that my engine is beginning to show its age. It is twenty years old. First off, I noticed pressure on the crankcase and spewing oil on the dipstick tube when removed. This used to be at a tolerable level but lately, it has been manifesting at a more obvious level. Loose compression comes to mind. I hope an oil change can still remedy this but I doubt.Secondly, the oil pressure takes a longer time to build up, if ever it does. The oil pressure buzzer comes on at high revolutions and I am afraid the engine might succumb to oil deprivation. Hindi ko tuloy magamit ng malayo for fear na mag seize ito. However at idle, everything seems to be normal (wag mo lang i-rev). Now the question...would it be better to replace an engine or have a total rebuild (overhaul)? If replacement is better, where can i get a good japanese surplus engine (R2) and how much is the cost of one nowadays? Dapat dito trustworthy ang source. Kung overhaul naman, may alam ba kayong magaling na mekaniko na trustworthy din. May source pa ba ang engine parts natin and magkano kaya aabutin ang overhaul plus parts? Madami dami na ang pinagsamahan namin ng truck ko kaya mahirap pakawalan na lang. I dont mind another twenty years with it.

sir bors, changing the engine is the better way and it's less time consuming. get an RF turbo or a WL31 turbo.

paging sir dc1 and bborces, kindly lead sir bors to where you got your 140kph-engines.

Quote Originally Posted by rmnl View Post
    Hello master tsikoteers! im new to the site and new to mazda b2200. I am a bit confused kung anong model ng Mazda yung B2200 ko, kasi its 4-door 1989 model, a diesel engine. My pickup can hit 100kph to 110kph (siguro 120kph tops) pa naman, nothing worries me on the engine except for diesel calibration siguro dahil ang itim ng usok. Medyo madugo lang is yung sa pang ilalim ko, medyo squeaky na and may kabig sa kanan. I had my bushings, upper arm and lower arm suspension, wheel cyclinder and shocks checked and guess what, Lahat sila papalitan (including balljoints, tie rods and cross joints).

Now, eto ang question ko to master tsikoteers and to anyone who had the same problem - Saan ang the best place to get these parts lalo na yung sa Upper arm suspension assembly? Medyo mahirap maghanap kahit sa Evangelista, sobrang limited lang ng stocks and it cost Php 4,500 each assembly (Left and Right).

Baka may makatulong sa dilemma ko need help badly nakatengga na for about 4 days yung sasakyan sa talyer dahil wala ako makitang murang parts.

And one thing more, baka may compatible replacement ang B2200 Upper Arm suspension sa other vans or cars?

Thanks and advance mga idols.

Cheers

PS: Sorry guys if these questions has been answered already, i cant back read kasi i dunno kung mabagal ba ang internet ko or what, the site takes sometime to load. Again, my apologies po.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmnl View Post
    Hello master tsikoteers! im new to the site and new to mazda b2200. I am a bit confused kung anong model ng Mazda yung B2200 ko, kasi its 4-door 1989 model, a diesel engine. My pickup can hit 100kph to 110kph (siguro 120kph tops) pa naman, nothing worries me on the engine except for diesel calibration siguro dahil ang itim ng usok. Medyo madugo lang is yung sa pang ilalim ko, medyo squeaky na and may kabig sa kanan. I had my bushings, upper arm and lower arm suspension, wheel cyclinder and shocks checked and guess what, Lahat sila papalitan (including balljoints, tie rods and cross joints).

Now, eto ang question ko to master tsikoteers and to anyone who had the same problem - Saan ang the best place to get these parts lalo na yung sa Upper arm suspension assembly? Medyo mahirap maghanap kahit sa Evangelista, sobrang limited lang ng stocks and it cost Php 4,500 each assembly (Left and Right).

Baka may makatulong sa dilemma ko need help badly nakatengga na for about 4 days yung sasakyan sa talyer dahil wala ako makitang murang parts.

And one thing more, baka may compatible replacement ang B2200 Upper Arm suspension sa other vans or cars?

Thanks and advance mga idols.

Cheers

PS: Sorry guys if these questions has been answered already, i cant back read kasi i dunno kung mabagal ba ang internet ko or what, the site takes sometime to load. Again, my apologies po.

sir rmnl, the best place to buy the parts will be in banawe. if you want orig parts, go to autorama. if you want replacement parts, go to mazford, fordland or fordmaster.

i think it will cost you approx P10T for all those oem parts you mentioned. not bad since you will be replacing these again after 5-10years.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Dear carls:

Sir, ayoko mag-puna ngunit medyo napa-lakas ang dating ng HARD-SELL marketing pitch natin - di ba?

Sa susunod, tone it down a little.

Sincerely,

Dusky Lim
    I apologize for that matter sir..

-carls

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Dear pigface:

Great to hear from you again!!!

The pictures of the accident are painful to look at - my condolences, pre.

At least the repairs are proceeding well (finished na?).

Your baby is about to be reborn....

Hmmm the church looks awfully familiar - di ba simbahan sa Calamba street sa Sampaloc yan? - guess only.

Nag-ninong kasi na ako dyan.

Please attend the next EB with your newly restored ride!

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

Haha nakakatawa alam ni boss Dusky yung place! Yeah, its in Calamba Street corner Instruccion. The funny thing about the accident was I came from banawe, pinakabit ko yung head unit that I got. Then 20 mins after, boom! a Jeepney hit me, he said that the breaks got loose so wala aminado naman sia sa nangyare.

Regarding the truck, yes! the repairs are all done now, nag initial coating na nung paint, galing nga nung nag mix, the dark green looks two toned. it looks black, but when looked at closely, its dark green. Ang sarap lagyan ng artwork eh. haha. 2-3 weeks pa siguro to, after that, lift 1 week, then bumper front rear 2 weeks.

Still a long way to go, but tomorrow's not too far! hehe. When's the next EB by the way?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by azzkkr2600 View Post
    sir bors, changing the engine is the better way and it's less time consuming. get an RF turbo or a WL31 turbo.

paging sir dc1 and bborces, kindly lead sir bors to where you got your 140kph-engines.
    Aha! Talagang pasimuno ng terror Mazda pickups si Ronn!!!

Way to Go!

Keep on Trucking!

Yeah!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    guys, quick question lang, ano kaya and saan may magandang window tints?