New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 91 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Hi Mazda truckers! How is everybody?

I haven't posted for a long time here. Busy and everytime I wanna post, the website just hangs on me making me don't wanna post anymore.hehe

For the condition of my truck, so far so good. It has clocked more 220k kms already. It's so old but it's still running and could do the things that I want it to do but I don't drive it long distance anymore, I don't have confidence in it.hehe Does anybody here who have the same mileage as mine? I have a feeling that mine has the most mileage.hehe

Sir Dusky, I went to Gener back in January to have my water/fuel separator cleaned and have valves adjusted. My water/fuel separator wasn't that dirty though as I had initially expected. But I noticed the sudden power of my truck after bringing it to him.

One thing is bugging me. For a month, I have observed my truck, it seems that it's a guzzler already. It's averaging around 7 to 8 kms per liter. I wouldn't mind if it runs like an Expedition but it's not.hehe At times I even have a hard time catching up with L300 vans and pickups that have letter U in their plates and kinda look like jalopy.hehe And it seems that after 100, the pickup would really need a very, very, very long road or a downhill for it to even pass beyond that speed. Could anyone help me what should I look into?

It seems that you've been doing a lot of EBs lately and it looked like you are having fun. I hope someday I could attend in one of those. Good to see other Mazda B owners.

*azzkkr2600: You got a very nice and clean truck there, sir. You are really taking care of it.

Drive safely, guys!

hi rna800,

i think were in the same shoes with regards on our ride's power. buti kapa naabot ng 100, pero same tayo jan na sobrang hirap na yun engine bago maachieve yun ganung speed.

sakin naman kasi is blow-by na. positive na sa mga sign such as smoke sa engine oil filler, deep stick at lost of oil after long travel. pero i'm proud to say na nadadala ko pa yun akin hanggang lipa and recently galing yun sa nasugo with 14 passenger in it. kaso lan pinakamabilis ko is 80kph lan at sobramg hirap sa paghatak.

pero sa mileage eh magkaiba pa naman tayo, sakin is kakatungtong palang ng 89K and it's already 20 years old last march. need na talaga ng overhaul and general body repair. nagiipon lang ako ng pangkamot para kamotin na yun dapat kamotin sa sasakyan. hehehe. lage ko nalan check yun oil level at brake fluids and water level ng sasakyan para less hasel sa byahe.

ang mahirap lang sa sasakyan ko, every time may naayos ay may lumalabas na bagong sira. nakakfrustrate lalo kung walang budget. gas fed pala yun akin kaya bihira ko ng dalhin, mahal ang gas [lalo na XCS].

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chinesecarebear View Post
    hi rna800,

i think were in the same shoes with regards on our ride's power. buti kapa naabot ng 100, pero same tayo jan na sobrang hirap na yun engine bago maachieve yun ganung speed.

sakin naman kasi is blow-by na. positive na sa mga sign such as smoke sa engine oil filler, deep stick at lost of oil after long travel. pero i'm proud to say na nadadala ko pa yun akin hanggang lipa and recently galing yun sa nasugo with 14 passenger in it. kaso lan pinakamabilis ko is 80kph lan at sobramg hirap sa paghatak.

pero sa mileage eh magkaiba pa naman tayo, sakin is kakatungtong palang ng 89K and it's already 20 years old last march. need na talaga ng overhaul and general body repair. nagiipon lang ako ng pangkamot para kamotin na yun dapat kamotin sa sasakyan. hehehe. lage ko nalan check yun oil level at brake fluids and water level ng sasakyan para less hasel sa byahe.

ang mahirap lang sa sasakyan ko, every time may naayos ay may lumalabas na bagong sira. nakakfrustrate lalo kung walang budget. gas fed pala yun akin kaya bihira ko ng dalhin, mahal ang gas [lalo na XCS].
    Wow, 20 years and yours only have 89k kms? Mine is 12 years old. The good thing with mine is diesel, unlike yours, gas fed so for sure your fuel expense is greater.hehe

For mine, from standstill to 80, it's still ok then to 100, it really needs a serious momentum. Beyond that, the engine just doesn't wanna go any faster anymore unless there's a downhill. This is the reason why I don't like to drive it long distance. 80 is too slow for me on provincial roads plus it's so physically exhausting going through the gears and yet the car just doesn't have enough juice to go any faster. Plus the dreaded uphills that would really push the rpm very high just for the car to move while eating my fuel very fast. That's why my truck is just a city dweller.hehe Hopefully when budget permits, we'll buy a new car again, the diesels of Hyundai is really luring me, and I am thinking of selling it already. However, everytime I look on the brighter side such as hauling stuff and how easy is the maintenance, I feel like this truck is really a keeper. I don't know, buy a new one but still keep it I guess.hehe

Pertaining to your last paragraph, I agree with you on that. It's really annoying that after every repair and you are starting to have a financial breather, another problem arises. I guess it's really given if you own an old vehicle. For me the most dreaded is engine overhaul and the clutch kit. Those would cause pain in the wallet.hehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sir rna:

Long time no hear!!! Buhay ka pa pala!!! Good to know.

Sir, ano nga pala yung model and year of your ride? Medyo nakalimutan ko na, pasensya na, matanda na ako.

Glad to hear you went to Gener for a tune-up. What did he recommend? Sinabi niya ba na dapat overhaul na?

I admit that 220,000 km is long in the tooth.

And 7-8 km/liter is a bit high for a pick-up, mine gets 11+ km/ltr in the city and 13+ km/ltr on the highway (with much hataw).

If you're having trouble making 100 kph that might definitely mean an overhaul (sad to say).

As to my ride, its 13+ years old na, with 117,883 km on the odometer (just checked!).

I can still get it up past 4500+ rpm and keep up with most of the new diesels around - until sumipa yung mga turbo nila.

Lately with the rains, napansin ko na parang humina ang hatak niya. I took down the fuel strainer and just as I suspected, barado siya.

A little cleaning with compressed air and voila' - malakas na naman siya humila.

It seems that the thimble strainer has to be cleaned every 2500+ km, or about 1/2 oil change intervals.

If you don't want to do an overhaul, baka gusto mo mag 2nd-hand turbo na WLT-31!!!

Just say the word and I will take you to the dealers...

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Its good to hear from another high miler trucker. My pickup has 257,791 original kms. It would have been better if i can say that it is still going strong; however, lately, I noticed that my engine is beginning to show its age. It is twenty years old. First off, I noticed pressure on the crankcase and spewing oil on the dipstick tube when removed. This used to be at a tolerable level but lately, it has been manifesting at a more obvious level. Loose compression comes to mind. I hope an oil change can still remedy this but I doubt.Secondly, the oil pressure takes a longer time to build up, if ever it does. The oil pressure buzzer comes on at high revolutions and I am afraid the engine might succumb to oil deprivation. Hindi ko tuloy magamit ng malayo for fear na mag seize ito. However at idle, everything seems to be normal (wag mo lang i-rev). Now the question...would it be better to replace an engine or have a total rebuild (overhaul)? If replacement is better, where can i get a good japanese surplus engine (R2) and how much is the cost of one nowadays? Dapat dito trustworthy ang source. Kung overhaul naman, may alam ba kayong magaling na mekaniko na trustworthy din. May source pa ba ang engine parts natin and magkano kaya aabutin ang overhaul plus parts? Madami dami na ang pinagsamahan namin ng truck ko kaya mahirap pakawalan na lang. I dont mind another twenty years with it.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear bors & Guys:

Wow, sad to hear that your pickup is feeling its age, hmmm mahirap nga sumugal sa 2nd-hand na makina kung wala kang sure back-up at reliable na kapalit.

You could go to calle Antipolo area in Tondo where I saw literally DOZENS of 2nd hand R2's and RF diesels for sale.

Sa dami ng makina na nan diyan, after a little patient testing you could more easily pick out a winner - yung sariwa pa, at hindi umu-usok.

If I remember correctly, they were quoting a price of about Php 25K when I asked this January.

There are about 8 to 10 2nd-hand engine dealers there so marami kang pag-pipilian.

As to overhauls - there is one guy that comes to mind - but he isn't cheap, AND he's very busy overhauling and restoring mga na-lunod na sasakyan nu-ong typhoon Ondoy.

You know its hard to say at what mileage kailangan i-overhaul ang makina, my pickup is a 117 thousand km and still going strong.

Another example is my dad's 1995 HiLux 2.4 liter pickup with a 2L engine - I just came from Gener's shop last week for it's 1st calibration since it was new - at 137 thousand km, and no major parts except the injector nozzles were replaced.

The pump's internals were fine (which is great news considering it has been running on the ADDITIVE for almost 10 years na), and only the overhauling gasket and repair kit was needed.

It still pulls great and gets very good fuel economy - and passed the emissions test with no problems - BEFORE the calibration was done.

Been tearing up and down Commonwealth with it (bringing Mom and Dad to Ateneo) becoming the terror of QC.

Hope that the engine will last as long as yours.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hello master tsikoteers! im new to the site and new to mazda b2200. I am a bit confused kung anong model ng Mazda yung B2200 ko, kasi its 4-door 1989 model, a diesel engine. My pickup can hit 100kph to 110kph (siguro 120kph tops) pa naman, nothing worries me on the engine except for diesel calibration siguro dahil ang itim ng usok. Medyo madugo lang is yung sa pang ilalim ko, medyo squeaky na and may kabig sa kanan. I had my bushings, upper arm and lower arm suspension, wheel cyclinder and shocks checked and guess what, Lahat sila papalitan (including balljoints, tie rods and cross joints).

Now, eto ang question ko to master tsikoteers and to anyone who had the same problem - Saan ang the best place to get these parts lalo na yung sa Upper arm suspension assembly? Medyo mahirap maghanap kahit sa Evangelista, sobrang limited lang ng stocks and it cost Php 4,500 each assembly (Left and Right).

Baka may makatulong sa dilemma ko need help badly nakatengga na for about 4 days yung sasakyan sa talyer dahil wala ako makitang murang parts.

And one thing more, baka may compatible replacement ang B2200 Upper Arm suspension sa other vans or cars?

Thanks and advance mga idols.

Cheers

PS: Sorry guys if these questions has been answered already, i cant back read kasi i dunno kung mabagal ba ang internet ko or what, the site takes sometime to load. Again, my apologies po.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Sir:

Welcome to our humble thread.

AFAIK - there should still be quite a few parts for your B2200 as my B2500 and yours share many underchassis parts.

Try Fordland or Fordmaster in Banawe, they usually are quite complete.

As to the smoking - I would recommend that you look up Gener - his shop address and number are buried somewhere in these posts.

You might also like to try out a little of my diesel fuel additive - that helps a lot with smoke control, engine smoothness and power.

I personally haven't had to replace things like control arms yet - but I think a few of the guys should know where you can get them.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Thanks Mr. Dusky Lim i will definitely try that additive and will look for Gener as well. Para kasing i will be doing a restoration project dito sa Mazda na to, minana ko lang sa daddy ko and medyo napabayaan. Ill keep you posted.

Thanks again for the welcome, for sure marami pa kong matututunan dito sa tsikot forums

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [SIZE="5"]MAZDAtech FAMILA REUNION FR118: Welcoming the New Young Bloods of MTP![/SIZE]

[size="5"]FR118: Petron CCC Ortigas[/size]

[size="5"]What:[/size] [size="5"]FR118[/size]
    [size="5"]When:[/size] [size="5"]June 27 * 3pm[/size]
    [size="5"]Where:[/size] [size="5"]Petron CCC, Ortigas, Pasig.[/size]

Address:
    1800 Ortigas Avenue, Automoville compound
    Ortigas Center, Pasig City
    (Beside MC Home Depot, Adjacent to Meralco Building)

Agenda:
    -Welcoming of the newbies and the Young Bloods (new model cars).
    -Proper tune up and maintenance
    -Troubleshooting tips
    -Underchassis maintenance
    -Overheating issues
    -DIY sessions
    -Power steering concerns and problems
    -Brakes and suspension issues

Well, basically our topics will be anything about car problems, maintenance and other concerns.

Attend lang kayo and for sure madami kayo matututunan sa event na to! Kita kits...

We will be happy to have you there sir...If you are hesitant to come and join this event because you do not know anybody from MTP, you may contact your sector head/s for them to accompany you.

VP North Sector: Tigre - 0917-8588132
    AVP North Sector: Judski - 0917-5393140
    North Convoy:Shell Edsa near Scout Borromeo, South Bound. (Shell gas station with Jollibee outlet)1pm-1:30pm

VP South Sector: Carl626 - 0915-4126195
    AVP South Sector: KBreddy - 0917-4700157
    South Convoy:Shell Magallanes 1pm-1:30pm

OIC VP Central Sector: Chiboy - 0917-8372724
    AVP Central Sector: Doors - 0917-8331772
    Central Convoy: Shell BAS J.Vargas 2pm-2:30pm will lead by Chainer 09177524268

www.mazdatech.org
    FR 118 thread:http://www.mazdatech.org/community/v...p?f=11&t=29343

MAZDAtech is your home too ;)

================================================
    http://www.petroncarcareortigas.com

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear carls:

Sir, ayoko mag-puna ngunit medyo napa-lakas ang dating ng HARD-SELL marketing pitch natin - di ba?

Sa susunod, tone it down a little.

Sincerely,

Dusky Lim