New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman1003 View Post
    thanks for the advice... hopefully the low price offsets gastos para sa gas.

any other advice is welcome

One more thing, the rear seats in the Mazda3 is totally uncomfortable, especially on long drives. You can't find a position that your back will be comfortable.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    One more thing, the rear seats in the Mazda3 is totally uncomfortable, especially on long drives. You can't find a position that your back will be comfortable.
    i see. is there a way to remedy that? yung driver and passenger seat okay naman sa comfort?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Yes. If you would compare the Mazda3 1.6L vs the Altis and Civic on the same route, the Mazda3 will consume more fuel because the car is much heavier, designed for a 2.0L engine. If your normal route would be consisting of many stop-go actions like driving in Makati CBD, Pasig or San Juan you fuel consumption will be very poor. BUT if your driving area would be mostly highway and constantly moving traffic, fuel consumption would be better but still lower than the equivalent Civic or Altis.
    I live in the QC area, and my office is in Timog, so okay lang naman ako sa ganyan sir. thanks for the advice!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hehe. Short drives also consume MORE fuel ha. And yes, sabi nga ni Niky, 6kms is very, VERY short.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman1003 View Post
    i see. is there a way to remedy that? yung driver and passenger seat okay naman sa comfort?

Solution for the rear seats? Maybe have it re-upholstered with softer foam, better support, etc. It might be costly and only worth to do if you (or your significant other or both of you at the same time) are going to spend more time at the back seat.

As for the front seats, no complaints from me. I have driven the Mazda3 from Manila to Baguio and the front seats are good.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Solution for the rear seats? Maybe have it re-upholstered with softer foam, better support, etc. It might be costly and only worth to do if you (or your significant other or both of you at the same time) are going to spend more time at the back seat.

As for the front seats, no complaints from me. I have driven the Mazda3 from Manila to Baguio and the front seats are good.
    Hmmm. Are you thinking what I am thinking ? :naughty2: :banana3:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last we tested it, and from feedback from friends with the Mazda3, fuel economy is pretty okay on the highway, even compared to the Civic of the same time.

Yun nga lang... in the city, you either put up with it being as slow as a tricycle, or rev it hard and pay extra for gas.

Personally, I think it's more practical to buy a subcompact like a Jazz or Yaris secondhand... but it's your money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I was getting about 6.5-7km/L consistently Taguig-Makati, 10km each way so 20km every day, on my 2007 hatch (I have 2 years' worth of fuel records so that's a very accurate figure).

A run to Subic on the NCTEX yielded about 12km/L at 140-150km/h. I gotta tell you, 140-150 is the upper end of comfortable for the 1.6L Mazda3.. it could probably hit 190 but the engine noise would be eye-popping.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    hi
    re: mazda 3 2012
    nakakakita ako sa ew bank repo cars 435k 135k down + chattel + insurance
    11k+ /mo 3 years
    8k+ / mo 4 years
    ok na ba sya?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Hi,

Want to get advice kung san maganda magpagawa ng Aircon ng Mazda 3 around QC /Timog area. yung shop na meron na talagang expertise on how to work on a Mazda 3 para hindi na trial and error.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
2nd-hand Mazda 3 advice