New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 91 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Been driving my 2.0 mz3 sedan for about 3 months now but i can't seem to get a decent fuel consumption. Route is ortigas extension, c5, edsa going to makati during rush hour and admittedly very heavy traffic. Even with istop on, i'm only getting 15-17liters/100km. Could be the driving style. I've observed that the more you push the car, the better mileage you get. However, given the traffic situation, opportunity for spirited driving is rare. Another possible reason is the limited break in period. Just brought the car outside of MM i think twice or thrice only for a combined distance of roughly 500km. Any ideas on how to improve consumption?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    medyo malakas nga sa gas sir...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NAML View Post
    Been driving my 2.0 mz3 sedan for about 3 months now but i can't seem to get a decent fuel consumption. Route is ortigas extension, c5, edsa going to makati during rush hour and admittedly very heavy traffic. Even with istop on, i'm only getting 15-17liters/100km. Could be the driving style. I've observed that the more you push the car, the better mileage you get. However, given the traffic situation, opportunity for spirited driving is rare. Another possible reason is the limited break in period. Just brought the car outside of MM i think twice or thrice only for a combined distance of roughly 500km. Any ideas on how to improve consumption?
    What's the average speed recorded by your trip computer? What was your mileage with the same route and traffic conditions with your previous car?

Your route is notorious for heavy rush hour traffic so 5.8-6.6 km/L isn't very surprising.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Just would like to share some unconfirmed info bits i got from my agent earlier when i had my 1st year pms
    Note that these are all uncertain so dont hold your breath

- a base/ lower variant of 3 will come to our shores by next year
    - ph will release the 2 around mid 2015
    - a new suv will be released some time next year
    - mazdaspeed will be unveiled in 2 years time

My take:
    - Hopefully the base 3 will come in manual tranny with srp somewhere between 880k to 920k
    - I think the new 2 will give fiesta a run for its money, and make a dent on jazz's sales figure. I actually think that the interior of 2 looks better than 3, looks cleaner to me based on pix, just my honest opinion anyway
    - most probaby cx-3
    - im sure i wont be able to afford a mazdaspeed 3 but id be very happy to see one on the road

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What's the average speed recorded by your trip computer? What was your mileage with the same route and traffic conditions with your previous car?

Your route is notorious for heavy rush hour traffic so 5.8-6.6 km/L isn't very surprising.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Notorious is actually an understatement. Heavy traffic speed is about 14km/hr with lots of short stops. Highway driving is however a different story as i normally get low 8 to 9 L/100km with very heavy foot (cannot be avoided actually as the car just begs to be driven hard and the response and acceleration is just pure joy). Overall, i'm happy with the car. No rattles and niggles whatsoever. Interior built and quality and feel is also more on the upscale kind.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    *NAML

Is there any chance you could travel earlier (or later) for a little less congested roads?
    Tingin ko kasi, very little yung impact ng driving habit especially pag same bumper to bumper condition rin naman yung byahe mo. Di ka rin naman makakarev up pag traffic so you probably are already driving conservatively.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by aRTie View Post
    *NAML

Is there any chance you could travel earlier (or later) for a little less congested roads?
    Tingin ko kasi, very little yung impact ng driving habit especially pag same bumper to bumper condition rin naman yung byahe mo. Di ka rin naman makakarev up pag traffic so you probably are already driving conservatively.
    There were several occasions that i got better FC (upper 12-14L/100km) but traffic then was relatively light. By relatively, i mean traffic is moving at around 40-60 km/hr. Average city driving, however, is the FC i've mentioned. Just wondering how come other 2.0 owners are getting a relatively better FC even with heavy traffic. Could this be a case of tuning issue. Just had the car's PMS service about a month ago and prior to the 1000 km PMS, FC for pure city driving was a little worse.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Would FC improve if i-STOP is disabled during heavy traffic? I don't think it would be helpful if the engine is turned off only for 5-15 seconds.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    Would FC improve if i-STOP is disabled during heavy traffic? I don't think it would be helpful if the engine is turned off only for 5-15 seconds.
    Not really sure how istop works but i've tried turning it off before and the FC went up significantly also during the same stop and go traffic. Went around the city today though with very light traffic and i was able to get 10km/L. First time i achieve such FC. I think heavy traffic coupled with lots of stop and go situation is really bad for FC istop notwithstanding. Tried using euro IV 91octane gasoline btw. This could have made the difference. Not conclusive yet as i've just started filling it up with euro IV gas

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NAML View Post
    Not really sure how istop works but i've tried turning it off before and the FC went up significantly also during the same stop and go traffic. Went around the city today though with very light traffic and i was able to get 10km/L. First time i achieve such FC. I think heavy traffic coupled with lots of stop and go situation is really bad for FC istop notwithstanding. Tried using euro IV 91octane gasoline btw. This could have made the difference. Not conclusive yet as i've just started filling it up with euro IV gas
    You filled-up with Euro4 gas from Unioil?