New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    We are going to subic tomorrow, and I am planning to take the San Fernando - Lubao - Bataan route.

I heard from a friend na meron giangawang tulay sa Lubao. Is the traffic really that bad in that area?

Will I be better off taking the SCTEX route?

Thank you?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yes better and faster ang sctex route, ganda pa ng view, very relaxing to drive.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    +1 on SCTEX. It maybe a bit longer but it's worth it.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    +1 on SCTEX

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I went to subic last dec.1. Coming from San Fernando Exit, at least 4 bridges were simultaneously being constructed towards Dinalupihan. Traffic was tolerable though, but if you're in a hurry then take sctex.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks sa response guys!

I used to take the SCTEX route to subic. Kaya lang parang nakakainip magdrive dun. It was exciting the first and second time, pero succeeding drives medyo na-bore na ako.

Plus the fact the you pay additional premium on toll, but you only get to Subic about 10-15 mins earlier compared to taking the san fernando -lubao route. And parang mas more on gas consumption pa, kasi I get tempted to step on the throttle more pag sa SCTEX dumaan

Let's hear some more advice from those who took that route recently.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the only time i will stop using sctex is when they will allow tricycles and jeepneys in. just the sight of tricycles and super slow jeepneys on a highway makes my blood boil. puro kup*l pa mga tricycle drivers dyan, lagi nasa gitna para hirap ka mag-overtake. if only i had a ray gun just like what Marvin the Martian has, ubos na sila sana ngayon.

sctex. iwas highblood.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    It is not that bad. I travel to subic or zambales atleast twice a month, sometimes 3 times a week.

Bridges or roads being repaired are no more then 200 meters total. I would always break from convoy at San Fernando Exit
    while everybody else would sctex. I always arrive first for coffee at Jollibee subic. Hindi ako kaskasero relaks lang.

I think the only traffic that I experienced was when there is a Hot Air Baloon Festival and that traffic was at 4AM.

That day I took the SCTEX.

For me SCTEX is for Subic to Clark/ Nueva Ecija and vice versa.

San Fernando Exit for me if going to Subic or Zambales. (Dinalupihan exit)

I don't even notice Lubao, it is such a small town. Is it 2 intersections?
    Last edited by mark_t; December 27th, 2012 at 11:43 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Chuc nhung ngay cuoi nam that vui ve va co y nghia.
    Hay tiep tuc post nhung bai viet co gia tri cac ban nhe.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    There are three or four bridges that was being built right now. I had just passed by two days ago, traffic is manageable.

But for your peace of mind, take SCTEx. No tricycles, kids doing suicides on the street, no bicycles, no PUJs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast