Am very new to Tsikot.com but need the help of you experts here on taking the RORO from Manila to Cebu. Im from Manila but will be flying to Cebu in three days for work and will be there for quite a while. So was hoping anyone can enlighten me on how to go about doing the legwork here in Manila.
Problem is, I need to bring my car (just a simple 4 door sedan) to Cebu via RORO and have no idea whatsoever on how to go about it.
Have many questions and hope you guys can help me out on this!
1. What are the reliable and safe shipping lines that have the Manila-Cebu RORO route? ( I don't want my car to end up like Sulpicio lines....at the bottom of the sea!)
2. Paperwork requirements? What do the shipping lines need in terms of car documents?
3. Any ideas on the sailing schedule of the ships?
4. How much? Estimate? Do they charge by weight of vehicle or area? (I plan on loading it with things that I need to bring to Cebu which I can't bring by plane.)
5. I heard you can also bring your car to Batangas port although don't know if there's a Batangas-Cebu route. Do you think this will cut down on cost?
6. Can I simply put my car on the RORO (without anyone riding as a passenger) and claim it in Cebu when it arrives? Or do you recommend having somebody I know ride as a passenger in the RORO with the car?
As you can see Im pretty much clueless and helpless in this whole situation. Need all the help I can get! Thanks in advance for anyone who replies!