New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    How are the roads to the Ilocos Region specifically Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte...

I plan to do a road trip on October/November...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Super ganda nanaisin ko pang mag biyahe ng north kesa south . Halos hindi nadumihan sasakyan ko.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The roads to the North are very a-OK especially Ilocos Norte. Ilocos Sur isn't as nice but it's still quite good. I've been going to Pagudpud basically every year since 2006 and save for the occasional stretches of paving/repaving work, the roads are a joy to drive on. My only gripe has always been the tricycles on the National Highway (inside towns are understandable) who have become worse as the years have gone by. These remind me of the talangka who impedes the progress of others.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we made a trip to Pagudpud last march and i must say the roads are above average for roads in Luzon, and in some places even very good. the only "unpaved" portions we encountered was some stretches somewhere near Bangui where some repaving was ongoing. but that was last march so i think by this time the road repairs should be finished already.

we left QC at 3:20 am and reached blue lagoon in Pagudpud at 1:10pm. the trip to Pagudpud took a little less than 9 hours, not including stops for breakfast and 1 stop topping up the diesel tank. but i think that was only because i was able to cover the stretch from QC to Candon, Ilocos Sur (where we had breakfast) before the tricycles were out on the roads. had we taken a later time then 12 hours would be par due to the traffic. also i took the right turn after exiting SCTEX at Tarlac and followed the "alternate route to baguio" signs instead of sticking to MacArthur highway and rejoined MacArthur only before Rosales. if you will be making the trip during daytime i suggest you use this route to escape the tricycles and jeepneys who "own" MacArthur highway during daytime until late at night.

tip: fuel costs less there than in the metro so fill up your tank only such that you'll have an almost empty tank when you reach Ilocos Norte.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thank you for the inputs guys!!! I haven't gone North since 2002 so I have to take notes...

Are there clear markings on that "alternate route to Baguio"?

Now I wonder why fuel is cheaper there???

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    You might wanna check this sir Rambling Juan: Alternate Route from Manila to Baguio ..accurate po 'to

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Has anyone used or tested A-GPS supported celfones to navigate thru the portion of "alternate route to baguio"?
    Will also travel to the north this coming end of July.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    You might wanna check this sir Rambling Juan: Alternate Route from Manila to Baguio ..accurate po 'to
    Nakakahilo

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral88 View Post
    Has anyone used or tested A-GPS supported celfones to navigate thru the portion of "alternate route to baguio"?
    Will also travel to the north this coming end of July.
    I have Garmin installed on my mobile phone and tested it to navigate thru Magilas Trail. Sad news is, kulang kulang po at may mga roads na di nya recognize. I wonder where I can download an updated Map or perhaps modify the old map to include the Magilas Trail so the next time, I don't need to look at the map while driving and setting the odometer. LOL

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Resurrecting this thread...

How are the roads leading to the Ilocos Region??? Which exit will I use leaving the NLEX to head North to Ilocos???

Any shortcuts to use to avoid entering towns in Pangasinan and its traffic???

Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Roads to Ilocos