New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Basically we are planning for a raod trip to the north and passing as much as possible great attractions or historical places. we've been pagudpud 2 years ago and so far i can or still remember how to go there or the directions. But now we are planning to go pagudpud and return via tuguegarao or i mean go back to manila using other road. basically encircling the while northern part of luzon. Now the question is it it possible? road condition? safety? and places a must see for the trip :D. I've checking google maps via direction it has a road though. :D

maraming salamat po!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Have the same plans, but for the holy week.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    need the same info as well but for holy week period.
    would also like to know road distances and approximate travel times esp. the pagudpud-tuguegarao leg.

thanks for any input.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    went to ilocos during the holiday break. expect several road repairs along the way that cause traffic.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    just be prepared sa mga random road repairs, and be always on the alert if at night kasi mga contractor sa amin, di marunong maglagay ng reflectorized early warning sign sa mga one-way road.. several times i almost crashed sa mga binitak na lane kasi very late na nung ma-notice ko na one way pala. gulong lang nakalagay or plywood na walang ilaw.

from tuguegarao to isabela, i would suggest just take the longer route (via Ilagan), vs. Roxas, kasi ongoing rin ang road rehab, dami one way and mga binutas na semento.

Sa bandang Sta. Fe Nueva Vizcaya (zigzag) , i think there are still ongoing road repairs too. I just hope, naaayos na rin yung mga "pala-palaman" na aspalto sa ibabaw, parang pinagpatong patong na cheese slices. LOL. kainis.

While at San Jose, you might want to explore the Llanera bypass road exiting Aurora-Pantabangan-Talavera. Malaking tipid sa traffic ng Munoz & Talavera town proper.

HTH

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I just took this route the week before last Holy Week.

We left Las Pinas area at around 1:30am and took NLEX and SCTEX.
    At SCTEX, took the Luisita exit. Good roads all the way.

Tarlac had some road repairs and one-way traffic. Good thing it was early morning so there was little traffic.
    Pangasinan has the same story as Tarlac and so is La Union and Ilocos Sur.

Reached Laoag at 12noon after taking a calesa ride and pic taking in Vigan. We did 2-3 stops for bfast at San Fernando, La Union and pee breaks at other points. Laoag was our 2-night stopover point for some touring.

Ilocos Norte was a lot better but the side road that leads to the Blue Lagoon area is not.
    Pagudpud to Tuguegarao was superb - very good roads and very few vehicles. The whole 4 hours on the road, no other vehicle overtook my 80-90 kph comfortable ride.

Tuguegarao was another 2-night stopover point for us as we went to Callao caves and Iguig Calvary Hills.

Tuguegarao to Manila, ok on the back roads going to Santiago which skips Cauayan but when you get to Nueva Ecija, that's where the problem begins. It's like the whole Nueva Ecija highway is under repair or is just in a bad state.

We skipped Cabanatuan using a long diversion road which took some time and we proceeded to the Sta. Rosa-La Paz, another long but i guess less busy route, highway leading to SCTEX, NLEX and back.

All in all, I logged 1700 kilometers including tours and a side trip to Magat Dam.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how is the road condition to pagudpud now? route will be nlex-sctex-mcarthur-manila north road all the way to pagudpud? itching for a long drive e.

manila-pagudpud-tuguegarao-manila road condition