New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost recon View Post
    it is cheaper to drive your car going to davao. in fact, i do this two times. first is my navara which i bought at mantrade last february. second is my genesis last september.

total cost of navara (fuel, lodging, ferry, eating, etc.) less than 17,000 pesos.
    total cost of genesis around 23,000 pesos.

cost of navara by shipping from manila to davao (solid shipping lines) is between Php 30,000 to Php 35,000. genesis coupe is somewhat the same since they also base their computation relative to the cost of the unit.
    Excellent and very informative. Thanks for sharing.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Nautical Highway Routes...
    check this out po...
    update ko lang po itong thread..i've heard that there's another way which by roro from batangas to cagayan de oro..is this true po?cno na po nakatry and inputs naman po...?how much did it cost?thanks po.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Good driving day to everyone, quick query re: (1) current matnog-allen ferry fee; liloan-lipata ferry fee and schedule including documents requirments for one sedan car. (2) Anyone have info re: road condition between Allen to Tacloban City.

Any prompt reply is highly appreciated. Have a pleasant driving day to everyone. Cheers

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi To All,

We just did this route recently, 8/18/2012 to be exact. we leave bulacan at arround 12 am Saturday, we drive all the way from bulacan to Matnog, passing thru the province of Quezon, sorsogon and the rest of Bicol region. By 8 am we reach the city of Naga where we eat our Breakfast at Jolibee LCC. Then we drove again all the way to Matnog. At arround 11.50 am we reach matnog and miss the ferry that leave at 12 pm. So we wait for the next ferry that will be leaving at 2 pm. we reach port allen at arround 4 pm, the ferry ride is almost 2hr. We drove again all the way Tacloban. At arround 8 pm we reach Tacloban City, this is where we eat our Dinner, we are very hungry at this time because we havent eat our lunch. Then we find a nice motel where we can freshen up, we take shower and rest for 2 hrs. at arround 12 am sunday we left Tacloban city and drive agian all the way to por Liloan, at arround 3 am we already reach Port Liloan, we wre advise by the gaurd that the first trip of ferry is arround 7 am, so we rest at the vehicle and instruct the gaurd to wake us up at 6 am so we can buy the Tickets. exactly 7am the ferry depart port Liloan and we reach port Lipata (Surigao) at arround 11 am. This is where it gets interesting, once the ferry reach the open sea, the part where the pacific ocean enters the philippines Hmm charge to experience. Hehe,,
    From port Lipata we drove again for 2 1/2 hrs all the way to Butuan City.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    it would be cheaper by 50% on ferry if one will take the benit ferry going to surigao city. 4,5k ang liloan while 2,1k
    lang pag benit to surigao city.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last April 28, 2012, we travel from General Santos City to Manila with Toyota Vios 1.3e through San Ricardo Benit

We left Gensan around 4 am and traveled through Davao region going to Lipata Surigao. We arrived in Lipata around 2:30 PM, and left in Port at 3 PM and arrived in San Ricardo Benit at 4 PM... Yes... you heard San Ricardo Benit in just 1 hour of RORO. It is also cheaper to cross Lipata, Surigao to Benit, Leyte via Montenegro Shipping Lines. It cost me Php 2300-2400 with 3 companion all in in an airconditioned room, the driver is me and its free.
    We left Benit afterwards and we travel going to my wife relatives in Sogod, Leyte, after 2 hours, we left Sogod at 8 pm and arrived at Tacloban City around 10:30 PM. We spent our night in one of the Hotel in Tacloban City and left at 6 am the following day. From Tacloban passing through San Juanico Bridge to Catbalogan City to Calbayog City and then Allen port. We arrived at 11 AM
    We cross Allen Port, Samar going to Matnog port at 2 PM, via Montenegro Shipping lines again, it cost me Php 1400 or 1500 pesos, all in

Again we left Matnog going to Sorsogon then Daraga Albay to eat our dinner, we left Daraga going to Naga passing through Sipocot and then we have stop and took our snack and coffee beak in Calauag.

Finally, we left Calauag to Lucena City, then Laguna area and Arrived in Pasig City at 5 AM.

All in all, we have had traveled only for 2 days or 48 hours, with just 1 stop-over sleep in Tacloban City.. My fuel cost me Php 6,300 Petron XCS with distance traveled around 1600 km to 1650 kilometer.

What do you think???

We came back from Manila to General Santos again last May 15, 2012, we left in Manila around 7 am, and again we have arrived in Matnog port at 9 PM, we sleep in Matnog port and left at 7 am. We arrived in San Ricardo Benit at 5 PM, left around 8 PM in port going to Lipata Surigao and still we have continue our journey going to Davao city then finally General santos City at 9 AM, May 17, 2012..

Well.... Goodluck travellers... God Bless...

BR

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ano ba usual papeles ang hinahanap pag-sumakay sa roro ang private vehicle? parang may narinig ako na dapat may clearance pa from hpg or something

wanna do this sometime too

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    wala na... all you need is a photo copy of your OR and CR of your vehicle... shipping lines na bahala lahat at magpapapirma ka nalang sa coastguard sa Matnog Port...

BR

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Very informative thread! Any confusing routes along the way that can make one get lost easily?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    allen to tacloban maganda na kalsada dun

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Manila to Davao by land