New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hi fellow Tsikoteers,

I will be relocating to Davao soon and I would like to take my beloved tsikot with me. What are my options and how much would they cost? TIA!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arnarn View Post
    Hi fellow Tsikoteers,

I will be relocating to Davao soon and I would like to take my beloved tsikot with me. What are my options and how much would they cost? TIA!
    ive tried hanggang western visayas lang,my innovaG was loaded to a container ship it costs me 18K, but it takes a day and a half, if you want to take a passenger ship where you could go along with your car i bet you gonna pay no less than 25K,but to make sure try making calls at all passenger vessels offices.
    If you take your ride by land okey rin medyo pagod lang but i can assure you roads going to south are perfect, you can have your route via naga to sorsogon then take a roro ship crossing from Matnog to Allen Samar, from there head to Tacloban city then going Liloan and then take a roro vessel again crossing Liloan going to lipata Surigao, and from there landtrip all the to Davao maybe it'll take you around or barely 2 days travel,( non-stop) but maganda magtravel yung may stop-over ka especially having a roadtrip with your family, masaya plus the scenic view while travelling, just to make sure if travelling by night have your tank full because in provinces gasoline stations closes at night.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hi fellow Tsikoteers,

Option A
    -Load your vehicle as a rolling cargo. You may go with the ship. Or you could just get the vehicle at the Davao wharf.
    -This is the less taxing and less tiring option. Probably cheaper too.

Option B
    -Drive your vehicle all the way to Davao.

2 routes:
    B1 -via the Western nautical highway
    Drive to Sorsogon. Ferry to Allen, Samar. Drive all the way to Liloan, Leyte (passing through San Juanico Bridge along the way). Ferry to Surigao City. Finally, drive to Davao City via Caraga Region.

B2- via Eastern nautical highway
    Drive to Batangas City. Ferry to Mindoro. Drive to Roxas, Oriental Mindoro. Take a ferry to Caticlan. Drive to Iloilo City. Take ferry to Bacolod. Drive all the way to Dumaguete City. Take ferry to Dipolog City, Zamboanga del Norte. Drive all the way to Davao via Ozamiz, Iligan, Cagayan de Oro and Bukidnon through Buda.

Option B is more scenic, more exciting but at the same time more frustrating. Ferry schedule is unreliable as the quintessential Filipino time. It is also subject to changes without prior notice.

Option B is also more expensive. Food, hotel, fuel, and sight seeing tours.

If I were you take Option B during the summer months. Weather is a very big factor. Last quarter of the year are rainy months not to mention monsoon and typhoon season. You may never know what is ahead of you.

HTH.

BTW, check this out.
    http://www.travelsmart.net/RORO.htm

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thanks for your inputs guys! project pala ni GMA ang kasagutan --- STRONG REPUBLIC NAUTICAL HIGHWAY. ngayon ko lang nalaman to.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Our fellow Tsikoteer, Ghost_recon drove his brand new 3.8 Hyundai genesis Coupe from Manila, all the way to Davao.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=57227&page=19

Maybe you can get some pointers from him.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Our fellow Tsikoteer, Ghost_recon drove his brand new 3.8 Hyundai genesis Coupe from Manila, all the way to Davao.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=57227&page=19

Maybe you can get some pointers from him.
    Thank you sir! I'll send him a PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Thanks for your inputs guys! project pala ni GMA ang kasagutan --- STRONG REPUBLIC NAUTICAL HIGHWAY. ngayon ko lang nalaman to.
    It is also easy to understand why GMA institutionalized the nautical highway. Their relatives happened to own Montenegro Lines.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi fellow Tsikoteers,

it is cheaper to drive your car going to davao. in fact, i do this two times. first is my navara which i bought at mantrade last february. second is my genesis last september.

total cost of navara (fuel, lodging, ferry, eating, etc.) less than 17,000 pesos.
    total cost of genesis around 23,000 pesos.

cost of navara by shipping from manila to davao (solid shipping lines) is between Php 30,000 to Php 35,000. genesis coupe is somewhat the same since they also base their computation relative to the cost of the unit.

so it is really cheaper if you drive it all the way down. best to do this is to leave manila as early as 5am and you should be in matnog, sorsogon at around 4pm. ferry will leave sorsogon going to allen, samar between 5pm to 6pm and the ferry will costs you around 900 pesos. ferry will dock at allen between 7 and 8 in the evening. there is a nice lodging house in allen port which is relatively cheap also. the name is KINABRANAN LODGE. they also serve nice dinner...as precaution, do not travel samar-leyte route at night time. there are reports of hold-ups along the way and it's pretty scary also since most of the way is not inhabited.the road between allen and calbayog is not that nice also.

start your travel as early as 6am the following day and have your breakfast at calbayog city. the road from calbayog to san juanico bridge is very nice. tacloban to liloan (2nd ferry) port is nice also. you can reach liloan maybe around 2pm. ferry at liloan will leave at 6pm so watch out for your time and don't be complacent. it's better to get earlier to avoid cramming. once you are in liloan port, look for PAUL. you can ask the port's security guard for this person. he will be a big help to you. ferry will cost you around 2900 pesos.

so, ferry will leave at liloan at around 6pm and it will arrive in lipata, surigao at around 11 in the evening. once in lipata, either you will stay at almonts hotel (little expensive but very nice: accommodation and all) or you can go at surigao city proper with plenty to choose from (i never tried it, i slept at almonts). by the following morning, you can leave surigao at around 8 in the morning and you will be in davao city at around 4 in the afternoon.

all in all, the road condition is very nice. plus a chance to trave from luzon, visayas and mindanao.

hava a nice trip and DO NOT FORGET TO ASK YOUR DIRECTION WHEN IN DOUBT.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    P30,000 na pala for Davao. The fee used to be based on volume not the weight of the car and the par value of the cargo.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ghost recon is spot on. take it from him who did it just recently. i did that around 5 times some 15 yrs ago. same route as ghost's. practically did not change. although i travelled even at night kasi i wanted to be home sooner. didn't think about the holdups, so the fastest i did was around 56 hours on a suzuk samurai softop. FUN, FUN, FUN!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Manila to Davao by land