New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hi people!
    I'll be driving from manila to cdo via samar leyte. Im worried about the effects of yolanda. Are there changes that can hinder my travel? The other threads about this are a bit outdated

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Marami pa rin bandits sir, ingat2 lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Katakot ah. Eh yung daan mismo sir, wala naman kalyeng hindi passable?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Okay naman, passable lahat. May mga nanghaharang nga lang, humihingi ng tulong.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Pagod yang route mo sir. Go for MNL-batangas-Calapan mindoro- roxas city mindoro-aklan-dumangas(near iloilo city)-bacolod-dumaguete-dapitan then head to cdo.

Actual kilometers traveled will be less than 1000kms. Less strain on the cars as 90% of the roads will be well paved. And rest will be accomodated by the boat rides if you may. I will recommend an overnight stop over in dumaguete or dipolog/dapitan

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Para kasing feeling ko mas madami tao ngayon holy week sa western route eh. Thanks much for the info guys!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Wow, that is surely one long drive!

Akala ko naman via plane, but good luck on your drive sir! Ingat lang sa daan.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfox20 View Post
    Para kasing feeling ko mas madami tao ngayon holy week sa western route eh. Thanks much for the info guys!

Ganun talaga if you choose to leave at peak seasons. And try to avoid sugar cane harvest season. Mahirap sumakay sa mga barko

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Ganun talaga if you choose to leave at peak seasons. And try to avoid sugar cane harvest season. Mahirap sumakay sa mga barko

anong oras usually mga byahe ng RORO from batangas-calapan, roxas-aklan at dumangas-bacolod? I have a gamefowl farm in Bacolod and plano ko rin bumiyahe by land/sea route ;)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Sa website ng 2GO i input the dimensions of my car and it said i will be charged about 16k to ship my small car to cdo. Sa oceanic naman 22k ang singil sa akin as freight. Luckily my friend said siya na lang daw mag drive cause he always wanted to go on a road trip
    My friend drove my mazda 2 from QC to CDO instead. As expected bugbog raw sa long bad roads. Puro trucks and buses ang kasabay niya.
    Super inefficient ang RORO docks. Very prone to fixers. Back and forth to different tables/windows. Bring a stapler kasi andami mo receipts that need to be complete upon boarding.
    Hindi na up to date ang nakapost na instructions. And you have to be alert which number your car is. Kasi may mga naglalagay para makasingit tapos mabubump off ang car mo. The plate numbers are written on a blackboard so you can check each car kung oc-oc ka at ayaw mo masingitan. After boarding the car, it took 3 hours pa before the ship left

Along with stopovers to visit friends and some wrong detours, it took him and his wife 71 hours. And take into account that that this was holy week. This road trip would have been shorter if the ROROs were on time.

It was about 1300kms. I paid P7,800 for gas and the 2 ROROs. Below is their rough schedule

April 15 "HOLY" TUESDAY
    3AM - leave QC
    • concrete reblocking of many roads at quezon province
    1PM - arrived at Naga
    • lunch break
    230PM - leave Naga for Caramoan (FAIL) cement road was cut off at some point. beyond that road is not compatible with car so had to back track 90km.
    8PM - arrived at Legaspi
    • dinner
    9PM - leave Legaspi for Sorsogon City
    10PM - arrive at Sorsogon City
    •SLEEP

WEDNESDAY
    530AM - leave Sorsogon City
    630AM - arrived at Matnog Port
    10AM - load car to ferry
    1145AM - Ferry Departs
    130PM - arrived at Allen, Samar
    • drive for Calbayog