New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    Medyo may kalayuan din po ang Victory Terminal sa Subic...marami naman pong mga jeeps (color-coded pa) na pwede sakyan papuntang gate, not sure though kung ano exact route, perhaps Olongapo tsikoteers could help you on this.

Dami namang resort or places to stay dun...if you are on a tight budget sa labas madami lalo dun sa papuntang Subic Town mismo (yung bayan ha dehins yung base, kasi baka malito ka), around 5 kms pa upnorth from Olongapo City, kaliwa't kanan ang mga inns/resorts dun. White Rock, Ocean Adventure are a few resorts that I can think. Basta sa barangay ng Cabalan or Barretto mga yun. Of course, if budget is not an issue madami sa loob ng base.

Not sure though, but I think may mga nag-o-offer dun ng shuttle or rent ng vans going inside the base, malalayo kasi pasyalan sa loob eh.

thanks sir vhenok ..sana umabot ako doon before 8 am sa site
    kung aalis sa caloocan ng 4:30 am

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I would just like to revive this verrry old thread..

Today which is still the fastest route to subic? is it via NLEX - SCTEX or via San Fernando - JASA road? Im pretty sure that NLEX-SCTEX will be more expensive but is it really quicker? (given that it is about 30 kms longer than the JASA route). ALthough as for traffic conditions though how congested is the JASA route?

Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by labayds View Post
    I would just like to revive this verrry old thread..

Today which is still the fastest route to subic? is it via NLEX - SCTEX or via San Fernando - JASA road? Im pretty sure that NLEX-SCTEX will be more expensive but is it really quicker? (given that it is about 30 kms longer than the JASA route). ALthough as for traffic conditions though how congested is the JASA route?

Thanks!
    kung dis oras ng gabi or madaling araw mas quicker via san fernando. pero kung daytime mas gusto ko na mag SCTEX going to subic. although its more expensive mas smooth naman ang travel at wala kang kasabay na mga trikes.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madaming tricycles saka jeeps sa jasa. madami din trucks. at may mga bottle necks dyan. ginawa nga nila 4 lanes ang daan e yung bridges 2 lanes pa din, so pagdating sa bridge trapik din. makasabay ka pa ng mga hinayupak na mahilig sumingit e tataas lang ang BP mo. last year dumaan ako ng jasa nabwuisit lang ako.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Haha! Buti nalang nagpost ako dito! You guys made my life longer by saving me from the high BP that JASA traffic will cause me.. haha! SCTEX it is! thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Definitely SCTEX. It's about 50 kms long to Subic from the entrance of SCTEX, so if you just stay at an average of 100 kph, you'll be there in 30 minutes. And then there's yebo, who takes it in about 20 minutes ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mabagal nga takbo ko e. sino ba yung 1 hour lang from san narciso, zambales to dau? dumaan pa yata ng duty free at nagpa-gas sa PTT hahaha!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Another option will be taking San Fernando exit of Nlex and take JASA, then enter Dinalupihan exit of SCTEx. Shorter, cheaper toll fee, and lot of options- food, cheaper gasoline/diesel prices along the way.

It's been quite a while since I used SCTEx when going to Subic. Travel time is almost the same.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Definitely SCTEX. It's about 50 kms long to Subic from the entrance of SCTEX, so if you just stay at an average of 100 kph, you'll be there in 30 minutes. And then there's yebo, who takes it in about 20 minutes ;)
    15 minutes is possible, but you have to keep your foot pinned to the floor over the hills and around turns. Not a great idea unless you have a good suspension, sticky tires and really, really, really, really good brakes.

And you need a car that can do at least 220 km/h to hit the average. Be ready for the mother of all speeding fines, when you get there...
    Last edited by niky; July 11th, 2012 at 09:38 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    15 minutes is possible, but you have to keep your foot pinned to the floor over the hills and around turns. Not a great idea unless you have a good suspension, sticky tires and really, really, really, really good brakes.

And you need a car that can do at least 220 km/h to hit the average. Be ready for the mother of all speeding fines, when you get there...
    The monetary fine is okay bro... It is your decision to speed anyway....

The most troublesome thing is for you to endure more than half a day of your life, observing the grinding movements of the patabaing b*boy sa LTO Main, East Avenue.... It starts with the 4 BIG p!gs in the Adjudication Section... Such a pain...

16.2K:bat:

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Directions: Manila to Subic ??