New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Im planning to travel to Davao City from Cagayan de Oro via Bukidnon.
    Can I please have the latest information for the following;

1. Road condition, dangerous curve sections.,

2. View stop - places where I should visit along the way to Davao City.

3. Precautions - things I should watch out for.

Thanks in advance for the inputs.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Expect traffic since parts of that route is under repair. Best if you have GPS so you'll know where the curves are.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Im planning to travel to Davao City from Cagayan de Oro via Bukidnon.
    Can I please have the latest information for the following;

1. Road condition, dangerous curve sections.,

2. View stop - places where I should visit along the way to Davao City.

3. Precautions - things I should watch out for.

Thanks in advance for the inputs.
    1. There are areas especially from CDO to Valencia where roads are under construction. It will take you 3 to 4 hours travel because of heavy traffic conditions on areas where roads are under repair. The normal travel time from CDO to Valencia for 129km distance is 2.5 hrs. That's quite a difference. Watch for killer curve at Bo. San Miguel approaching the town of Manolo Fortich, enjoy the view at Mangima Canyon (be sure your brakes are in top and excellent condition), Killer curves at Maloko and one killer curve before Kisolon. From Valencia to Davao City, not much roads under repair except at road approaching Calinan. Normal travel time from Valencia to Davao is 3 hours for a stretch of 176 km. Be sure to travel at daytime because if you travel during the night you might be caught on a very heavy fog where visibility is zero from Overview to Marahan. Remember it's rainy season. This might take 4-5 hours travel under heavy fog condition. Once again, be sure your Vehicle is in top condition.

2. The only view that I can recommend is at Overview, after the winding road going into the mountainous area from the Muncipality of Quezon. You can have your meals there and enjoy the view. You will see much of Bukidnon in that place.

3. Well, defensive driving is very much applicable here.

Good luck and enjoy your trip! Bon Voyage!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Magarac View Post
    1. There are areas especially from CDO to Valencia where roads are under construction. It will take you 3 to 4 hours travel because of heavy traffic conditions on areas where roads are under repair. The normal travel time from CDO to Valencia for 129km distance is 2.5 hrs. That's quite a difference. Watch for killer curve at Bo. San Miguel approaching the town of Manolo Fortich, enjoy the view at Mangima Canyon (be sure your brakes are in top and excellent condition), Killer curves at Maloko and one killer curve before Kisolon. From Valencia to Davao City, not much roads under repair except at road approaching Calinan. Normal travel time from Valencia to Davao is 3 hours for a stretch of 176 km. Be sure to travel at daytime because if you travel during the night you might be caught on a very heavy fog where visibility is zero from Overview to Marahan. Remember it's rainy season. This might take 4-5 hours travel under heavy fog condition. Once again, be sure your Vehicle is in top condition.

2. The only view that I can recommend is at Overview, after the winding road going into the mountainous area from the Muncipality of Quezon. You can have your meals there and enjoy the view. You will see much of Bukidnon in that place.

3. Well, defensive driving is very much applicable here.

Good luck and enjoy your trip! Bon Voyage!

Thank you sir Walter and sir Joe for the info. I have a GPS, only thing to do is to have my brakes check. It will turn out now that the 5 hour trip I am contemplating will be no less than 7 hours because of the traffic. I am planning to leave Cagayan de Oro at around 7 am.

One question I forgot to ask, how is the peace and order situation along the road from Valencia to Davao City?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Thank you sir Walter and sir Joe for the info. I have a GPS, only thing to do is to have my brakes check. It will turn out now that the 5 hour trip I am contemplating will be no less than 7 hours because of the traffic. I am planning to leave Cagayan de Oro at around 7 am.

One question I forgot to ask, how is the peace and order situation along the road from Valencia to Davao City?
    Not much to worry about the peace and order situation. I'm plying the Valencia-CDO route almost every week and at least once a month from Valencia-Davao route and no untoward incident happen whatsoever. Enjoy the trip. Durian is very cheap along the way especially in Valencia in front of MVC Annex building. Bon Voyage!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    when in CDO don't forget to drop by at Limketkiat.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    napasukan ng virus.

Cagayan de Oro to Davao City via Bukidnon