New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    will advise against using small cars like the picanto and yaris, there are some unfinished portions of the road which are loose rocks kung saan siguradong sayad ang under chassis ng kotse and steep pa naman ito...the road from banawe to bayyo,bontoc is mostly concreted, but an hour or less after bay-yo (just forgot the name of the barangay) they still have to finish some concreting..

the climbs are not so steep like those of kennon rd, most are gradual and you will enjoy driving thru the pine scented air, be ready with your cams just in case you push thru with the idea..the view specially from some 10kms from the Ifugao-Mt. Province provincial boundary is simply awesome!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    I am pretty excited to be back there next week... :D

I'll be getting a new SUV in Manila and driving it home from Cebu. pero napaisip ako why not take it up north and see Sagada/Banaue again :D

so I am going to do it, 5 days from Manila to Clark-Baguio-Sagada-Banaue then go back up to Baguio back to Clark and all the way down to Cebu via Batangas/Caticlan/Bacolod :D

yeap nagawa ko na siya before, kaya gagawin ko siya ulit hahaha mas mura pa kesa sa ipadala sa barko and mas enjoy pa

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pissword View Post
    I am pretty excited to be back there next week... :D

I'll be getting a new SUV in Manila and driving it home from Cebu. pero napaisip ako why not take it up north and see Sagada/Banaue again :D

so I am going to do it, 5 days from Manila to Clark-Baguio-Sagada-Banaue then go back up to Baguio back to Clark and all the way down to Cebu via Batangas/Caticlan/Bacolod :D

yeap nagawa ko na siya before, kaya gagawin ko siya ulit hahaha mas mura pa kesa sa ipadala sa barko and mas enjoy pa
    Mas mabilis ba ang via Caticlan kaysa sa via Samar-Leyte? Last December I drove my SUV from Cebu to Manila and back to Cebu but I took the Leyte-Samar-Bicol route.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Mas mabilis ba ang via Caticlan kaysa sa via Samar-Leyte? Last December I drove my SUV from Cebu to Manila and back to Cebu but I took the Leyte-Samar-Bicol route.
    mas hindi lang nakakapagod po, yan din sana ang dadaanan ko,pero knowing Samar, medyo prone to landslide ang area and the roads are not really in good condition from Allen all the way malapit na sa San Juanico Bridge nung time na dumaan kami 2009. maganda naba last december?

plus mas relax ang driving sa Batangas-Caticlan-Bacolod sir... 2-4hours lang each leg then makakatulog pa ako everytime sasakay roro hehe plus the roro schedule ang dami din sobra parang hindi ka halos mastuck sa isang lugar ng matagal.

total cost is estimated at P15,000 with 2 fulltanks, which I am sure na hindi mauubos hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pissword View Post
    mas hindi lang nakakapagod po, yan din sana ang dadaanan ko,pero knowing Samar, medyo prone to landslide ang area and the roads are not really in good condition from Allen all the way malapit na sa San Juanico Bridge nung time na dumaan kami 2009. maganda naba last december?

plus mas relax ang driving sa Batangas-Caticlan-Bacolod sir... 2-4hours lang each leg then makakatulog pa ako everytime sasakay roro hehe plus the roro schedule ang dami din sobra parang hindi ka halos mastuck sa isang lugar ng matagal.

total cost is estimated at P15,000 with 2 fulltanks, which I am sure na hindi mauubos hehe
    Last December on the way to Manila, maganda pa ang daan from Tacloban to Allen, 98% asphalted. But on my way back this January, medyo may slide na sa unahan ng Allen to Calbayog.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Last December on the way to Manila, maganda pa ang daan from Tacloban to Allen, 98% asphalted. But on my way back this January, medyo may slide na sa unahan ng Allen to Calbayog.
    yeap and ngayon pa na palaging ulan so malamang parang bangin na yung lubak doon hahaha...

6 more days to go before I get my new SUV and go to Sagada

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    nga pala, yung banawe to sagada, i am not sure pero sabi sa akin ng mga taga dun eh fully cemented rin daw. hinabol daw kasi ni gloria bago bumaba sa pwesto

banaue to bontoc yes cemented na pero my mga roads na one way in between ng rice plantations na rough road more or less 100 meters. Pero from junction yun my sign na to bontoc and to sagada yes rough road talaga siya like about 8km.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kur0sawa View Post
    banaue to bontoc yes cemented na pero my mga roads na one way in between ng rice plantations na rough road more or less 100 meters. Pero from junction yun my sign na to bontoc and to sagada yes rough road talaga siya like about 8km.
    yeap kakagaling ko lang dun..at ang masasabi ko eh mas maganda ang road condition from Baguio to Sagada kesa Banaue to Sagada...

sa Baguio to Sagada sobrang konti ng landslide areas... sa kabilang sobrang dami.

tapos tama din si Kur0sawa last few kilometers paakyat ng Sagada eh rough road at inaayos medyo matraffic kasi on going ang pag aayos ng landslide minsan mastuck ka ng 30minutes

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    mga sir.... may signal po ba ng cellphone dun? ano pong network ang may pinakamalakas na signal?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    mga sir.... may signal po ba ng cellphone dun? ano pong network ang may pinakamalakas na signal?
    my telco tower ang smart and globe sa sagada mismo relayed from mt. polis, if i'm not mistaken..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Banawe to Sagada Trip