New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 31 of 240 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Good day everyone. First timer here sa tsikot.com. I'm actually more of a user ng car so I'm not that familiar with the terms and specs so apologies if medyo pang bano ung tanong ko

I just had my 2012 Ford Fiesta serviced today and ang recommendation is that I change my tires already. I usually drive mga 60-100kph kc highway driving ang way ko papasok and pauwi ng office (I'm from Cavite, via Cavitex and Coastal Road/Macapagal) plus mga out of town assignments. After I leave the highway, the road leading to our village is not that good - sobrang daming lubak (malayo pa kasi election hehe) so medyo tagtag talaga ung tires everyday.

Given ung scenario ko, ano bang brand ang dapat ko kunin na pampalit, and dan best na makabili? Current tires installed in the car are Continental brand, 185/55 R15.

Salamat in advance sa mga sasagot.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Good day everyone. First timer here sa tsikot.com. I'm actually more of a user ng car so I'm not that familiar with the terms and specs so apologies if medyo pang bano ung tanong ko

I just had my 2012 Ford Fiesta serviced today and ang recommendation is that I change my tires already. I usually drive mga 60-100kph kc highway driving ang way ko papasok and pauwi ng office (I'm from Cavite, via Cavitex and Coastal Road/Macapagal) plus mga out of town assignments. After I leave the highway, the road leading to our village is not that good - sobrang daming lubak (malayo pa kasi election hehe) so medyo tagtag talaga ung tires everyday.

Given ung scenario ko, ano bang brand ang dapat ko kunin na pampalit, and saan best na makabili? Current tires installed in the car are Continental brand, 185/55 R15.

Salamat in advance sa mga sasagot. God bless everyone!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jneeley001 View Post

Given ung scenario ko, ano bang brand ang dapat ko kunin na pampalit, and saan best na makabili? Current tires installed in the car are Continental brand, 185/55 R15.

Hi, what's the mileage of your car? I kinda doubt that your tires need replacement after only 2 years unless you have really high mileage or if may bukol na yung tire/s mo.

In any case, I'd suggest Toyo Proxes tires with the same size as your stock tires. Pretty good performance for the price, as long as you get it from S&R.

Outside S&R, Dunlop LM704 is also cheap but decent.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014

Just don't get China made ones like Sailun, Rovela, Aeolus, Westlake....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Thanks for the reply! Mileage is just around 31,000++. They said may tire bulge daw ung two front wheels (could be from the potholes?)

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for the reply! Mileage is just around 31,000++. They said may tire bulge daw ung two front wheels (could be from the potholes?)
    If may bulge, due for replacement na nga talaga. You can opt to replace the 2 front wheels lang muna then replace the other two once they wear out or develop bulges of their own.

However, always put new tires in the rear. So if you're just gonna change 1 pair, put them in the rear then yung existing 2 rear tires will be your front tires until they wear out.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Thank you!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hi, what's the mileage of your car? I kinda doubt that your tires need replacement after only 2 years unless you have really high mileage or if may bukol na yung tire/s mo.

In any case, I'd suggest Toyo Proxes tires with the same size as your stock tires. Pretty good performance for the price, as long as you get it from S&R.

Outside S&R, Dunlop LM704 is also cheap but decent.

Try Kumho tires.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    At S&R, Toyo DRBs are even cheaper than Dunlop LM704s

Anybody know how much does the Toyo DRB 195/55 R15 cost currently in S&R? thanks in advance

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    saan ba may achilles or federal or nankang sa south (las pinas, paranaque, alabang area)? kumusta nga pala ang petlas sa mga nakasubok na?

Low budget yet good quality tires