New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hi guys.

I am planning to change my tires to 205/50/16 though either Bridgestone RE002, Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5 and Michelin Pilot Sport 3 are available that fits my budget (though the PS3 are really stretching it).

What would you guys recommend? Its more of a daily drive with occasional track use. Really torn between the 3.

Also comparing, iba iba rin talaga ang laki ng sidewall. Would anyone know kung ano ang pinaka rounded type or smallest in diameter between the 3? I know lahat sila 205/50 but not all are accurate or spot-on. Iba ay too bulky, iba naman ay tama lang.

Appreciate your feedback! Thanks! :D

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    For occasional track use I would go with something with treadwear rating below 200 at least, traction grade of A, and temp grade A. I currently have Bridgestone RE-11 in front 205/55/16 with 180 treadwear rating. But the new ones have 200. If I were to change them I'd go with S-02 rated at 140. Haven't tried either Goodyears or Michelins...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    For occasional track use I would go with something with treadwear rating below 200 at least, traction grade of A, and temp grade A. I currently have Bridgestone RE-11 in front 205/55/16 with 180 treadwear rating. But the new ones have 200. If I were to change them I'd go with S-02 rated at 140. Haven't tried either Goodyears or Michelins...
    Thanks for the input sir! Though i think that even 200-300 threadwear will be okay for me since baka super bilis naman maubos pag 100-200.

If you have the choice between the 3 tires i mentioned, which will you go for? :D

Thanks again!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Tires are the most important item in your car when on the track. They are the ones that keep you on the road and not the dirt/gravel/barrier. You can get higher tread wear rating if longevity is your primary concern. Just don't expect too much grip/higher lap times. You will have to adjust your turn in speeds.

If you can, get dedicated track tires and wheels so you can have long lasting road tires. Again I have not tried any of those tires you mentioned. It looks like re002s are ROW products and I can't find specs online. I haven't driven a car that has them so I can't give you real world feedback. Maybe other formers can jump in. You can certainly Google any reviews but take them with a grain of salt. I see some YouTube videos too. Good luck.

Judging on looks alone based on images online I'd go for the Bridgestones, but if price is the main criteria I'd get the cheapest of the three.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    Tires are the most important item in your car when on the track. They are the ones that keep you on the road and not the dirt/gravel/barrier. You can get higher tread wear rating if longevity is your primary concern. Just don't expect too much grip/higher lap times. You will have to adjust your turn in speeds.

If you can, get dedicated track tires and wheels so you can have long lasting road tires. Again I have not tried any of those tires you mentioned. It looks like re002s are ROW products and I can't find specs online. I haven't driven a car that has them so I can't give you real world feedback. Maybe other formers can jump in. You can certainly Google any reviews but take them with a grain of salt. I see some YouTube videos too. Good luck.

Judging on looks alone based on images online I'd go for the Bridgestones, but if price is the main criteria I'd get the cheapest of the three.
    Yeah i do agree that the tires are the biggest factor when tracking. Also safety will be also based on the tires.

Regarding prices, the Bridgestones will be the cheapest among the three. What i just don't like about them are their sidewalls. It looks like to bulky for the profile that i wanted comparing to others.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For track, you want tires that have a good mix of grip and breakaway predictability, and not exactly the stickiest rubber you can find.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I was chatting with the manager of Tyremart, as the tires of my ride is being replaced. They sell Dunlop and Toyo. During the course of the chat on tire comparison, she mentioned that Bridgestone is the best, and Michelin somewhat so-so, for the reason its not suited in tropical climates.

If you're after Michelin, katapat daw ito ang Toyo. That what she said. The Toyo's are still made in Japan, but not for long as they're eyeing other Asian spots to build their tires from.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Maybe in the past... or for the lower models... but, in my experience, Pilot Sport 3s are exemplary.

Still... not worth the extra cash over comparable Japanese tires... which cost less for similar performance.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by straker View Post
    I was chatting with the manager of Tyremart, as the tires of my ride is being replaced. They sell Dunlop and Toyo. During the course of the chat on tire comparison, she mentioned that Bridgestone is the best, and Michelin somewhat so-so, for the reason its not suited in tropical climates.

If you're after Michelin, katapat daw ito ang Toyo. That what she said. The Toyo's are still made in Japan, but not for long as they're eyeing other Asian spots to build their tires from.
    I'm using Michelin Pilot Precedas on an older SUV. In my experience, this lasted for more than 5 years and thread wear was minimal even though I average 10,000kms/year on it. Also had good experience with Bridgestone Potenza G3s which probably are the older RE tires. Those 2 are the top brands in my list. Goodyear, not so much, there was even a joke in another forum I am in that, the reason why it was called Goodyear because it is only good for a year.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Bridgestone for me. Best grip . Parang eraser lang,but it depends on how you drive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
If given the choice, Bridgestone vs Goodyear vs Michelin