New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi fellow Tsikot.com members, newbie here..hope you can help me out..

Whats the difference on ride, fuel efficiency, "hassle" , expenses when using 17s and when using the stock mags.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ride -> mas matagtag because you use low profile tires, manipis kumbaga.
    fuel efficiency -> not so sure.
    hassle -> wala naman esp. if you're willing to spend a day scouting around for rims and tires
    expenses -> syempre much expensive pag nagpalit ka pa ng rims & tires.
    handling -> it would be better since the width of the tires will be much wider than stock

hi d_rookie,

i changed my tires to 17" also (215/45/17).

di naman sya matagtag. my mazda 2 has stock rims and tires and i do not notice na mas matagtag yung coolbear ko na naka 17".

but more than anything else, a 17" will definitely give your car a more "aesthetic" look. it more than compensates kung meron ngang effect ito sa ride and handling ng kotse mo.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ride -> mas matagtag because you use low profile tires, manipis kumbaga.
    fuel efficiency -> not so sure.
    hassle -> wala naman esp. if you're willing to spend a day scouting around for rims and tires
    expenses -> syempre much expensive pag nagpalit ka pa ng rims & tires.
    handling -> it would be better since the width of the tires will be much wider than stock

Hi renzo_d10! Thanks for the reply...

if i'll be using the car for work purposes, going around the metro, what size of mags do you suggest para naman di masyado magastos (in terms of maintenance and tire replacement) and ok pa din ang ride and porma?

Tia!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Some cars then to go higher when replaced with bigger rims. Kaya don't go far, it might require you to lower it soon enough or else it will look ugly.

Best rims for the City 04 ? The current 1.5V Jazz rims. They're 16's so it won't be compensating the ride.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Medyo matagtag nga ng konti pero baka hindi mo na mapansin kasi yung jazz namin stock pero ang tagtag. Pag nag 17's ka sir, medyo kailangan mo mag-lowered kung hindi lalong papangit yung dating. Ako 10 years na akong naka 17's e.. Medyo mahal nga lang yung goma. Kung ayaw mo mag-lowered sir, I think you should remain stock na lang or upgrade lang nung pang jazz 1.5 na 16's parang sinabi sir renzo para stock look pa rin.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ganda 17"........ had my aria using 205/40/17 mas ok naging ride compare sa 15" ko last time..... baka psychological na lang

17" or stock for honda city 2004 AT