New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    good luck, GA! my atkins lifestyle makes me enjoy bagnet and sinanglao without fear! another visit to aling ester is in order...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Update lang mga sir: Trip to Baguio

Was finally able to find Tabligans in Scout Barrio,Loakan Road (hindi masyado visible yung sign nila). They serve mostly kambing dishes though meron din mga lechon kawali and the likes. They are only open for lunch. Ok din yung place nila. They said they now have a branch in Legarda Road.

Ate at Matutina's in Urdaneta.Their sinigang na malaga and sizzling binagoongan were really good. The waitress said they open at 8 am. I think they also have a branch in Legarda.

Tried pinulpugan (pork) in Brod Pit, okay din pulutan.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TUNO-TUNO --> kilaweng kambing, pinapaitan atbp.
    SARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kilawen nga karne ti baka, imbaliktad ken tay makolesterol nga sinanglaw

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Marami din namang hindi macholesterol na Ilokano fuds like pinakbet, maraming klase ng dinengdeng or bulanglang ata sa tagalog (correct me if i'm wrong)
    >dinengdeng na saluyot at labong
    >baradibud
    >

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline View Post
    simple, bro... this is a simplistic version -- but you can pick up the book cheap in sm national and at the bookstore at the top floor of sm baguio. i wish i had that book when i first started.

- go without carbohydrates and sugar for at least two weeks. the reason for it is to jumpstart your body to use body fat for its daily energy requirements instead of carbohydrates. it is important to have fat in liberal amounts during this time. if you get headaches, reach for a paracetamol.

- trust me, it is just difficult for the first 3 days. after that, it's a breeze. just watch out for the hidden carbs and sugars.

- sample diet.

breakfast: two eggs (whatever way you like it)
    beef tapa (eat all you can)

merienda: chicharon (eat all you can)

lunch: lechon kawali (eat all you can) bagnet is better!

merienda: more chicharon / hard-boiled eggs

dinner: kangkong tops / sayote greens

midnight snack: even more chicharon!

it may look scary but it worked for me, bro.

in hindsight, it's a must to read the book and then consult a doctor. i did without either but it would have been better if i did. at least i could have gotten my baseline blood chem readings before doing the diet.

pahabol: don't forget the multivitamins and some exercise.
    eat all u can bagnet tsalap tsalap

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dinuguan Ilokano style............

"Dinar-daraan". Dinuguang tuyot, walang sabaw. Parang karneng may chocolate.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    speaking about dinardaraan...

the best-selling dinardaraan i know of is from an unassuming restaurant in san nicolas, ilocos norte -- DAWANG'S. "crunchy dinuguan". that's what the late doreen fernandez, inquirer's food columnist, called this dish. it's like chicharon laman dredged with rich, thick dinuguan sauce. no watery tagalog-style dinuguan with puto here, folks...

the other day, i left baguio for laoag at 4am. the reason for leaving that early was to avoid daytime traffic in the highway. my ulterior motive though was to get to san nicolas early enough as the dinardaraan in dawang's is sold out by 10am. i arrived there at 830am, just in time to see the last of the dinardaraan being handed out to a lucky customer. it turned out that on sundays, the stuff gets wiped out really early. drats! i should not have taken that coffee break at mcdo in vigan!

the following are photos i took of my foray in dawang's last month.

29 july 2007, 6am. i thought i was the buena mano customer for the day. there were already two tables full by the time i got inside. one of the tables was seated with balikbayans hankering for hometown chow. the smoke at the right edge of the photo came from the wood stoves (dalikan) that they use in the restaurant. the place reeks of it. authentic talaga!

the dawang's spread. the stuff i like least on the table is that plate of rice.

crunchy dinuguan. it doesn't look much but i love it to death. as a matter of fact, i was not able to resist a spoonful before taking the photo.

ata-ata. simply put, raw beef with the requisite industrial strength papait fortified with apdo. non-ilocanos will most probably give this one a wide berth -- this one may be worthy enough to be featured in anthony bourdain's series.

9. Join Date
    May 2006

the best-selling dinardaraan i know of is from an unassuming restaurant in san nicolas, ilocos norte -- DAWANG'S. "crunchy dinuguan". that's what the late doreen fernandez, inquirer's food columnist, called this dish. it's like chicharon laman dredged with rich, thick dinuguan sauce. no watery tagalog-style dinuguan with puto here, folks...

the other day, i left baguio for laoag at 4am. the reason for leaving that early was to avoid daytime traffic in the highway. my ulterior motive though was to get to san nicolas early enough as the dinardaraan in dawang's is sold out by 10am. i arrived there at 830am, just in time to see the last of the dinardaraan being handed out to a lucky customer. it turned out that on sundays, the stuff gets wiped out really early. drats! i should not have taken that coffee break at mcdo in vigan!

29 july 2007, 6am. i thought i was the buena mano customer for the day. there were already two tables full by the time i got inside. one of the tables was seated with balikbayans hankering for hometown chow. the smoke at the right edge of the photo came from the wood stoves (dalikan) that they use in the restaurant. the place reeks of it. authentic talaga!

crunchy dinuguan. it doesn't look much but i love it to death. as a matter of fact, i was not able to resist a spoonful before taking the photo.

ata-ata. simply put, raw beef with the requisite industrial strength papait fortified with apdo. non-ilocanos will most probably give this one a wide berth -- this one may be worthy enough to be featured in anthony bourdain's series.
    Wwwooww, bro diesoline you're again on food tripping! am envious how atkins really work fine with you

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006

nagimas metten diesoline,uray nak la agkatkatay nga agbasbasa toy post mo adino ba nga parte ti ilocos ti ayan dayta dawang's?

The Ilokano Food Thread