New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige
    Just tried Matutina's yesterday on our way back to Baguio, will rate 8 out of 10.
    Thanks pre. Would you know what time they open in the morning? para timing when going to baguio or manaoag.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord View Post
    Thanks pre. Would you know what time they open in the morning? para timing when going to baguio or manaoag.
    sabi ni esmi ay 24 hrs sila... ingat sa pag-drive.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    may matutina branch dito sa baguio. its on legarda road between prince plaza hotel and baguio palace hotel.

landlord::: if ever you are venturing to manaoag, make a sidetrip to dagupeña restaurant. it's in a new location now near the calasiao/dagupan intersection. i have been here twice na in a month's time and i've had lunch with my wife there yesterday. sobrang happy siya pagkatapos!

googled this link about dagupeña's:
    http://www.eat.ph/index.php?option=c...=112&Itemid=54

mukhang maraming good read yata sa site na ito...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Yes, would definitely want to try the Dagupena binagoongan crispy pata.

Tanong ko lang, from dagupan, what would be the best way back. Should i try the Tarlac route? Thanks.

I've gained weight trying all these newly discovered eateries, but I'm not complaining. Masarap eh.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord View Post
    Yes, would definitely want to try the Dagupena binagoongan crispy pata.
    Tanong ko lang, from dagupan, what would be the best way back. Should i try the Tarlac route? Thanks.
    I've gained weight trying all these newly discovered eateries, but I'm not complaining. Masarap eh.
    enjoy your new discoveries but eat in moderation.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i have lost 35 pounds the last eight months feasting on ilocano cuisine and "bad" fatty food. my secret, the atkins diet! i have modified my eating habits to accomodate these food.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by diesoline View Post
    i have lost 35 pounds the last eight months feasting on ilocano cuisine and "bad" fatty food. my secret, the atkins diet! i have modified my eating habits to accomodate these food.
    guess your atkins diet is worth sharing here bro diesoline, perhaps i can pick-up some good points.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    simple, bro... this is a simplistic version -- but you can pick up the book cheap in sm national and at the bookstore at the top floor of sm baguio. i wish i had that book when i first started.

- go without carbohydrates and sugar for at least two weeks. the reason for it is to jumpstart your body to use body fat for its daily energy requirements instead of carbohydrates. it is important to have fat in liberal amounts during this time. if you get headaches, reach for a paracetamol.

- trust me, it is just difficult for the first 3 days. after that, it's a breeze. just watch out for the hidden carbs and sugars.

- sample diet.

breakfast: two eggs (whatever way you like it)
    beef tapa (eat all you can)

merienda: chicharon (eat all you can)

lunch: lechon kawali (eat all you can) bagnet is better!

merienda: more chicharon / hard-boiled eggs

dinner: kangkong tops / sayote greens

midnight snack: even more chicharon!

it may look scary but it worked for me, bro.

in hindsight, it's a must to read the book and then consult a doctor. i did without either but it would have been better if i did. at least i could have gotten my baseline blood chem readings before doing the diet.

pahabol: don't forget the multivitamins and some exercise.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    dagupena!!thats a very good info bro diesoline thanks..try ko puntahan yan next na uwi ko,..and chicaron is't really works?? I mean on your secret atkins diet? sabagay di nakakapagtaka you've lost 35 lbs that is really a good diet..

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    thanks bro Diesoline for the tip... will get the book first and arm myself before trying in actual!

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
The Ilokano Food Thread