New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Hello fellow members. I am fairly new to this forum and I am thankful for all the information I received. Our new Innova 2013 was delivered last week. We are selling our 2010 Vios to purchase either KIA Sportage or KIA Sorento. We need a 5-seater SUV.

I am having a hard time deciding whether to get a Sportage or Sorento. Please help.

We only need a 5-seater vehicle which runs on diesel fuel.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    pick the sorento if you put a premium on space. i was contemplating before whether i should get the sorento LX when the sportage still wasn't available. and put it the missing stuff one at a time. that would have been interesting.

but i still picked the sportage because of the package (bang for buck). i was also thinking that if space is needed, that's what a 7-seater larger SUV is for. for now, i'm happy with the sporty as a small CUV

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Thanks for the reply fleas. Appreciate it really.

In terms of performance, which is better than the two?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aiko27 View Post
    Thanks for the reply fleas. Appreciate it really.

In terms of performance, which is better than the two?
    The 2.2L obviously has more power, 181 hp vs 197 hp 392 Nm vs 436 Nm. I don't know about the power-to-weight ratio of the two. Having driven the Santa Fe, it feels like the Santa Fe has more pull. However, that was the dual-exhaust version. Not sure if that is a factor.

The 2.0L obviously would be more economic.

But if you want the power and the economy, you could always buy a race chip pro and attach it to the Sporty (or the Sorento for more power and slight FC improvement). Cue: shameless plug I have one on sale on Sulit

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ang hindi ko maintindihan, yung 2.2L Santa Fe namin mas matipid pa sa 2.0L Tucson ko

Siguro dahil 4WD yung Tucson. Kaya mahirap sabihin kung alin mas matipid sa Sportage vs Sorento haha.

Maganda yun 2013 Sorento LX, pero Sportage parin vote ko. Wag lang sand track kunin mong color

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you can get them for similar prices, the Sorento is definitely the way to go.

You don't get that stupid decapitation-special rear door on the Sorento, for one. And the interior space is much better.

If both are diesel, fuel economy won't be too far off, and the 2.2 has titanic shove compared to the 2.0. Enough to pull the front end of the Sorento sideways if you boot it from a stop.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    test drive mo and decide which one suits you better!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    test drive mo and decide which one suits you better!
    Good suggestion Pakito! I like the Sportage better in terms of handling. Thank you.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fleas2016 View Post
    The 2.2L obviously has more power, 181 hp vs 197 hp 392 Nm vs 436 Nm. I don't know about the power-to-weight ratio of the two. Having driven the Santa Fe, it feels like the Santa Fe has more pull. However, that was the dual-exhaust version. Not sure if that is a factor.

The 2.0L obviously would be more economic.

But if you want the power and the economy, you could always buy a race chip pro and attach it to the Sporty (or the Sorento for more power and slight FC improvement). Cue: shameless plug I have one on sale on Sulit
    Hi fleas. What is a race chip pro? You said for power and economy right? Can I use it on our Innova too? Sorry: shameless reply to a shameless plug.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    ^ yes, the Innova D4D is supported but you will need a harness that's for 2.5L engine in the Innova.

For more information on the RC and vehicle compatibility, you can go to their site: chiptuning-what-is-it/.

FYI, my RC pro is now reserved so I uninstalled it about a month ago. I can feel the difference especially during hard acceleration

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sportage versus Sorento