New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 187 of 197 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1970
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Staind,

You may want to try spring cushions like o-sullee. It's supposed to reduce the rate of spring compression. Also, you may want to have your sway bar checked to see if the nuts and bolts are screwed on tight.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by staind View Post
    don't have time yet to go back to the dealership and besides, i don't know anyone who has one.

my suggestion to you, go and test drive one before you buy (and not do what i did). you might not be as sensitive as my family and i. as the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. we all have our own tolerances, preferences, experiences, etc. the reason i've posted is not to give the sorento LX a bad rep but to look for people who are the same as me and find out what solutions they've come up with, if any.

yebo suggested to look into sound deadening. anyone tried it? i've tried it on the doors before but not on the wall between the engine and the cabin.
    where are you located? you can try out mine and see if it handles and sounds the same. BTW when and where is the next Sorento Club EB?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *monty,
    thanks for the info!!

*yatta,
    thanks for the offer! hopefully i could attend the next EB to check out your ride.

Pasig Area pala ako sir.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    congrats ser staind, its been ages since i last visited this Thread. too bad you're not enjoying you're Sorento.
    here are my suggestions though, Since i would rate the Sorento's diesel engine is one of the quietest already,
    in my view it maybe because you're used to serene quiet of gas engines.
    - try not to rev beyond 2500 RPM.
    - increase Vol. of music to 12 or 13 ish above to drown out engine sounds. hehe.

as for the stiff ride, yeah i also find it hard on the rebound. but since it shares the same suspension system
    with the SF3 and that has gotten mostly praises from users. i think the other big culprit is the "matalbog" 65series rubber
    on 17"s. try to upgrade to 235/60-R18. or even 19"s. i can vouch for it, it rides better than stock for me than ...

as per the Wallowy ride that makes your wife nauserous....let's switch rides during the next EB. will try to organize one next month....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hi all, incase po you do decide to get the Sorento, here are some of the upgrade/mods option. pls. feel freely to call/text me at 09279409274.

* for LX / EX: KeyFob Si cover.
    * for LX : Rear Spoiler (Painted white).
    * for LX / EX: Tonnuea Cover.
    * for LX / EX: GPS Tracker (cut-off fuel supply capable).
    * for LX / EX: RearView mirror (w/ AutoDIM) + Camera.

* for LX / EX: Mobis Style Stepboard (Functional).
    Last edited by parakitoJDM; September 16th, 2014 at 01:02 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Ganoon talaga Sir, since first time nyo mag diesel.
    Compare nyo sa fortuner, montero and isuzu like mu-x ang Sorento pa ang pnakatahimik.

Quote Originally Posted by staind View Post
    di ba kayo natatagtagan sa sorento LX mga sirs? 31psi tire pressure ko pero ang problema kasi yung laro ng shocks side by side e. wallowy ang ride, nahihilo wife ko. muntik masuka.

also, rinig na rinig ang ingay ng makina sa loob e. pano ba babawasan ang NVH?

this is my first diesel car at medyo nagsisisi ako.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ser attend po kayo EB!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    ser attend po kayo EB!
    Kailan po at saan?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hi guys,

how much was your 1st PMS (5T km)? Kia New Manila is insisting on a P1,000+ engine wash! Kasama raw talaga yun?!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Mine is between 6-8k everytime.