New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 186 of 197 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1970
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Will need to ride in another Sorento LX to compare ride characteristics with.

And yes, I concur with sir yebo's observation that it's damn noisy in the cabin. The Montero isn't this noisy.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Well, to each his own. Unfortunately for my family, it's wallowy. And no one can tell us otherwise.

Glad that yours isn't.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    ^ didn't you test drive before buying? Online reviews are great but the things you're complaining about can easily be noticed during a test drive. It could have saved you from your buyer's remorse.

I test drove the 2014 LX when I was choosing between this and the Sportage and I also noticed the engine noise inside the cabin but I wouldn't say the Sorento's engine is noisier than a Montero's. I sometimes mistake our neighbor's Montero for an Izuzu but the Sorento is much quieter from the outside. Better have yours checked.

As for the suspension, it's not tuned to be as stiff as a ladder-on-frame SUV but rather it's tuned for comfort. Again, a test drive should have told you this and not online reviews.

Posted via iPhone using Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    if your family is sensitive to body roll, you should've have test driven before buying. Maybe their family is used to riding luxury vehicles.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    His complaint is interesting kasi it appears magkaiba ang suspension settings ng harap (malambot) at likod (matagtag). So liquid shocks sa harap and gas shocks sa likod ang nilagay ng Kia? Our office has a 2012 Fortuner, a 2012 Hilux and a 2013 Montero and all of them roll like a boat when taking the U-turn at PHILCOA.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    *staind
    Bro which dealer did you get your unit. Might have to check again how noisy the engine is on the Sorento before we get one.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Kia New Manila.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    any update on your Sorento , where you able to test drive another unit if the body still rolls?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    don't have time yet to go back to the dealership and besides, i don't know anyone who has one.

my suggestion to you, go and test drive one before you buy (and not do what i did). you might not be as sensitive as my family and i. as the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. we all have our own tolerances, preferences, experiences, etc. the reason i've posted is not to give the sorento LX a bad rep but to look for people who are the same as me and find out what solutions they've come up with, if any.

yebo suggested to look into sound deadening. anyone tried it? i've tried it on the doors before but not on the wall between the engine and the cabin.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    any update on your Sorento , where you able to test drive another unit if the body still rolls?
    btw, i wouldn't say it "rolls" but instead use the term "sways" a little but enough to give us discomfort. again, that's just us, we all have our own preferences.