New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hi guys, wat are your comments in kia pregio? how about driving experience?

well i just want to share that i bought 1998 Kia pregio GS and its been 10yrs na sa akin and i havent experience major problem. We chose this van because its very spacious, good interior, engine is somewhat powerful din. i drove it already in Kennon for 4x with 10passengers.

im not a fan of korean cars but it seems that they improving na din like the new CRDI engine but anyway i read a lot of thread about KIa pregio na main problem is overheating and aircon. I havent experience this in my van. overheating due to poor cooling system pero it can be upgraded.

if you have problem in kia pregio i can help you. My father's friends also drive kia pregio and there are lot of this in sta lucia were they used it as PUV and so far good inputs were i heard.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    +1 on the aircon and overheating issue, although overheating will be a problem only when you make it climb up Marcos Highway going to Baguio with a full load of people and cargo. Ours needed a 5-minute break, but that's it---after the rest it made the climb to Baguio without further incident.

The problematic aircon can be a headache though.

Mechanically speaking, I have absolutely nothing to complain about on the Pregio. It's an old diesel with no turbo, so it's underpowered compared to the fancy common-rail units of today, but drivetrain-wise our 1998 Pregio GS A/T never, ever let us down.

With proper maintenance, this van will serve you well for as long as you accept the quirks of diesels. We sold ours to a fellow village resident. Now and then I still see it in very good shape, puttering along its merry way.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    any modification you made in cooling system? did you change the radiator? as far as i know pregio has 1 row radiator especially yung imported. Anyway my pregio doesnt experienced overheating, one factor is i changed the radiator from 1 row to 3rows (evercool ang brand). during uphill with 10passengers in Kennon road the temp gauge is 1/4 only.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Nope, our Pregio was all stock. Seems like it shares the same radiator woes of the Nissan Vanette of yore, where an upgraded radiator will do wonders.

For most of its life with us it never went anywhere near the overheating zone though...usually city/highway driving

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. We had the last edition of the Vanette. Absolutely no power, but no overheating. They changed the size of the radiator and fans on that one. Many older Vanette owners upgraded theirs and it cured the problem.

I don't own a Pregio, but my cousin does. I love it. Great ride, decent power, good driving position. All-in-all, a very good van for mixed family/commercial use.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ok ang pregio over heat lang talaga... at interior sa loob madaling masira kaya makalampag

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I improved the interior of my pregio, i sent it to SEATMATE in mandaluyong for repair of interiors, mabilis lumobo kasi nung orig and pinapalitan ko ng leather. maganda ang naging outcome ng repalcement parang bago na ulit and you will not noticed na pinalitan na pala ang interior ng van ko dahil magaling ang SEATMATE pagdating sa interior ng auto. My family loves that van kasi spacious and comfortable in driving, even at the speed of 120kph smooth pa din sa loob ng van hindi matagtag compare to my previous van.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I'd imagine Kia's improved the fit and finish of the Pregio's interior bits by now. I hope they can say goodbye to unresponsive door locks and handles...the van's good mechanicals don't deserve that kind of shoddy interior build quality.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    tip ko lang sa may mga pregio 96 up to 99 model huwag nyo masyado i overload ang battery nyo para di mahirapan ang alternator yun din ang naging sakit ng pregio ko dati
    ilang beses akop nag palit ng alternator andun pa naman ang pinaka pump ng break nun??

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I used to have a 98 GS A/T. No problems mechanically, but, because it was old school diesel, I could not hear the radio at over 60kph! I heard that part of the reason for the overheating (which I myself never experienced) is the location of the radiator, which is parallel to the ground and likely to get muddied. It should be cleaned regularly. I share the other comments, though, about the quality of the interior (or lack thereof). The sidings started to blister after 3 years, and the reclining mechanism of the front passenger seat kept malfunctioning. Otherwise, good basic transport. I still see my old unit around, being used as a shuttle.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
have you experienced driving KIA PREGIO?