New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    [quote=jefsan;1705382]The Alterra has the immobilizer but no alarm. You can install a 3rd party alarm if you like one. Banawe and Evangelista auto shops would have that.

Thanks sir for the info, im from the province of Negros far away from the shops you mentioned but anyhow our Alterra has not yet arrived, been excited to get hold of it but the dealer kept on saying probably it will arrive next week, we have been waiting since the first week of march until now, is it normal sir for us to be waiting this long?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BongDR View Post
    Thanks sir for the info, im from the province of Negros far away from the shops you mentioned but anyhow our Alterra has not yet arrived, been excited to get hold of it but the dealer kept on saying probably it will arrive next week, we have been waiting since the first week of march until now, is it normal sir for us to be waiting this long?
    Can be depending on stock availability of either/or ISUZU Philippines and dealer from which you got it.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Can be depending on stock availability of either/or ISUZU Philippines and dealer from which you got it.

Ah ok sir, thanks... we ordered the 4x4 alterra urban cruiser silky white... we ordered it from an agent here in dumaguete city which i think is a satellite dealer of Isuzu Mandaue Cebu.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    [quote=BongDR;1706862]
    Quote Originally Posted by jefsan View Post
    The Alterra has the immobilizer but no alarm. You can install a 3rd party alarm if you like one. Banawe and Evangelista auto shops would have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    It's true na medyo matagal dumating yung unit ng alterra once na umorder ka. Yung unit namin 4x2 inorder namin ng last week of Jan.2011 and dumating siya last March 16, 2011 lang...Kulay nya is two tone Nautilus blue..Pero sulit naman ang pag-aantay...The best!!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gentlemen and fellow Isuzu afficionados.

Just a brotherly advice as to making our hard-earned money's worth.... before further making purchases of the current Alterra.

Try considering that late this year or early next year, there's a high-probability that (finally) a new Alterra will be offered to us Pinoys (take note of the emblem written at the door-side and the "hood-scoop" of the 1st photo below).

That will replace or compliment the current Philippine-Alterra that looks like this....

For those who have not heard it yet, there is now a new Isuzu DMax "RT-50" for 2012. The RT-50's body and 3-litre engine are way differentiated from the present DMax's we see here and overseas. This new Isuzu was tested recently in Chonburi, Thailand. Initial horsepower figure of the new engine is above 180'ish.... The same engine will be fitted to the 2012 Isuzu MU-7 (which prolly you all know it is the "Alterra" of the Thais).

That leaves Isuzu Phils. no choice but to FINALLY bring-in now the "latest prior engine model" before the RT-50's new engine was concieved, which is the iTEQ VGS Turbo engine, or otherwise known as the 4JJ1-TCX. The 4JJ1-TCX was already in existence since 2006, and even at that time, it is already variable-geometry turbocharger (VGT)-equipped....
    ....The current engine plugged into our present-day Philippine-Alterra and DMax is actually the old year 2004 CRDi-only engine known as the 4JJ1-TC "standard", and this is the "3.0 Ddi-iTEQ" emblem we see....

We Pinoys would now be two (2) generations behind of the latest technology that Isuzu is offering in other countries if Isuzu Phils. won't still bring-in the iTEQ VGS Turbo engine for 2012.

Just my 2 centavos.... Good day guys.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ok to.

Kung next year andito na to, may prospect na ko pampalit sa current auto ko.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nels76 View Post
    Ok to.

Kung next year andito na to, may prospect na ko pampalit sa current auto ko.

EXACTLY chief, who doesn't want the iTEQ VGS Turbo engine into their Alterra's

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nick View Post
    For new Alterra Urban owners, why not go to Subic on April 9th for the Subic Bay Auto show. We can have a mini eyeball there. Subic would be a best place to break in your SUV.
    I am interested in going to Subic---my inav should be able to find the location.

You probably have already posted the (Auto Show) location, but since I do not read tagalog, I must have missed it.

Would you please indulge me and give the specifics of the location, date and time?

Thank you so much.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.[/QUOTE]

Uncle Nick,

Here's the info of the Upcoming Subic Auto show:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...666216&theater

April 09, 2011, 4PM, SBMA Boardwalk.

If you have a facebook account, please click on the above link. Give me a holler if you are there! Jeff - 09173958888

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jefsan View Post
    Uncle Nick,

Here's the info of the Upcoming Subic Auto show:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...666216&theater

April 09, 2011, 4PM, SBMA Boardwalk.

If you have a facebook account, please click on the above link. Give me a holler if you are there! Jeff - 09173958888
    *jefsan: Ayos eto! It'll be a good chance for some guys here to meet Uncle Nick.... in the flesh!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    [quote=InnO_04;1708597]
    Quote Originally Posted by BongDR View Post

It's true na medyo matagal dumating yung unit ng alterra once na umorder ka. Yung unit namin 4x2 inorder namin ng last week of Jan.2011 and dumating siya last March 16, 2011 lang...Kulay nya is two tone Nautilus blue..Pero sulit naman ang pag-aantay...The best!!

Wow, that long??? so we will be expecting ours to arrive last week of April... , anyways we cant do anything but wait.... thanks sir...

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
New Isuzu Alterra Urban Cruiser