New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by want-alterra View Post
    hi guys,

which dealer you can recommend in Manila? we are buying an alterra as well soon. I'll appreciate any suggestions. And also, would it be possible to release it in 1day?

Thanks...
    Kaya naman siguro yan ma-release in 1 day basta may stock. Do you have a specific Alterra variant/color in mind?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    we are looking at 4x2 MT starry black or the blue colour, when you say pwede ma release in 3 days time, that does mean na may LTO registration, plate number, etc? sensya na, first time to buy a car, thanks

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by want-alterra View Post
    we are looking at 4x2 MT starry black or the blue colour, when you say pwede ma release in 3 days time, that does mean na may LTO registration, plate number, etc? sensya na, first time to buy a car, thanks
    No. Only unit availability and registration of vehicle. LTO (being a 2nd party), ISUZU (or any dealer for that matter) cannot determine timing of plate release.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    THanks for the input *Ben, we want kasi na magamit kaagad ang unit pag ma release na sya, I presume we will be given temporary plates so we can drive it off already once the unit is released? am a bit excited now just thinking about it. . .

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I bought mine from BMD Motors in Cabanatuan.

They put an " advertising" plate both front and rear.

You are allowed 7 days to drive without plates as long as you can show the sales invoice.

The Casa gave me 4 "copies" of the sales invoice with different dates, one for each of the next following 4 weeks.

I live in San Jose, N.E. and requested they obtain the plates from there rather than Cabanatuan.

If you do not renew your registration in 3 years from the same original branch of LTO, there is a small additional cost.

I took delivery Dec 16 and still do not have my plates, but was informed that I should have them by Thursday Jan 27.

Normally it should take 3 weeks.

At year end there are more sales than normal plus there are Christmas and New Year's Day to contend with, which adds to the unusual delay.

Meanwhile I am not doing unnecessary driving.

Did I leave anything out?

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Guys,

It seems like the new Alterra is still using the same engine, correct me if Im wrong. Aside from the front and rear skirts and the interior add ons, we still have the same unit since 2005. Of course they have changed the front grille and head lights. I just want to share my 2005 Alterra 4x2 AT with you.

More power to all Alterra owners. Hope to see you all on the 1/29/11 Eyeball.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I am interested in the Alterra Urban Cruiser, 4x4 starry black model, but really curious as to current availability. I have contacted several Isuzu sales staff, and received the standard price quotes, with no response so far on when it is available. I have the impression there maybe limited availability on these Alterra units. Does anyone in the group have information about Alterra availability??

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rademamj View Post
    I am interested in the Alterra Urban Cruiser, 4x4 starry black model, but really curious as to current availability. I have contacted several Isuzu sales staff, and received the standard price quotes, with no response so far on when it is available. I have the impression there maybe limited availability on these Alterra units. Does anyone in the group have information about Alterra availability??
    Sir Rademamj,
    I agree, it seems to be true that most dealers dont have the Urban Cruiser in their showrooms. I checked 1 dealer and it is on order basis. I guess their marketing style is to get your money 1st before anything else. Mga sigurista ika nga!!!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rademamj View Post
    If you are decided on a 4x4 black, let me try and help you with that. Just let me know.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    If you are decided on a 4x4 black, let me try and help you with that. Just let me know.

Hey thanks Benzmizer! Maybe I just need to give the Isuzu dealer (Alabang) more time on this issue of availability. However, I gave commitment for firm order of 2011 4x4 starry black (or white pearl) with navigation option in January, and no response so far on availability or expected delivery. However, I am patient and will still follow through with my Isuzu Alterra purchase. I know the Isuzu Alterra is assembled here in Philippines, so maybe they have a backlog of orders right now at the plant.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
New Isuzu Alterra Urban Cruiser