New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Nick View Post
    This is just my personal opinion, and not everyone will agree.....

The Urban Cruiser X features an all black interior with no more (fake) woodgrain. I prefer the light faux woodgrain as an accent to the light tan color interior of the original Urban Cruiser.

The "X" has fewer rear reverse sensors than the Urban Cruiser.

The side stepboards are now painted black rather than body color.

The rear chin is not now as attractive as the previous model.

The front rectangular fog lamps are not as aestetically pleasing with the black surround.

The new Urban Cruiser no longer has eleven speakers as standard equipment.

Aside from these cosmetic details, the basic Alterra is the same as before.

Do, go to your dealer and make a comparison yourself. Your tastes may very well be different from mine.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.
    Hi Uncle Nick,

I totally agree with you regarding the cosmetic changes to the new urban cruiser X. I still love my urban cruiser 2012 and like you I also got the Silky Pearl White only it's a MT 4x2. And just like you I'm from San Jose City too but I am not lucky enough to personally meet you. Just curious, how much km/li are you now getting with your unit? Frankly, I envy the DMAX when it comes to fuel economy and been finding ways to at least bring my alterra to 15 km/li. Any idea how we can achieve that feat? Will tuning chip be of any help?
    Thanks and please continue sharing great ideas in this forum.
    Mabuhay!

Cheers,

Walter

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    [QUOTE=WALTER007;2038618]Hi Uncle Nick,

I totally agree with you regarding the cosmetic changes to the new urban cruiser X. I still love my urban cruiser 2012 and like you I also got the Silky Pearl White only it's a MT 4x2. And just like you I'm from San Jose City too but I am not lucky enough to personally meet you. Just curious, how much km/li are you now getting with your unit? Frankly, I envy the DMAX when it comes to fuel economy and been finding ways to at least bring my alterra to 15 km/li. Any idea how we can achieve that feat? Will tuning chip be of any help?

Hello!
    I will look for your Urban Cruiser in San Jose to chat with you.
    My mileage runs at 9.7 klms per litre. At present, on my 2011 (AT) Urban Cruiser, I have only 12,000 klms.
    I am constantly "in traffic" between Munoz and San Jose, and ride on "soft" tires. I ride the "back roads" frequently with 4WD engaged.
    So, under the conditions, I am happy with my consumption costs.

There was a (Isuzu) thread about improving consumption costs perhaps a year ago. Try to locate it and review it. It was full of good advice.
    As I am sure you already know, lowering/improving fuel costs is more dependent on the driver than most aftermarket add-ons.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    [quote=Uncle Nick;2039006]
    Quote Originally Posted by WALTER007 View Post
    Hi Uncle Nick,

Hello!
    I will look for your Urban Cruiser in San Jose to chat with you.
    My mileage runs at 9.7 klms per litre. At present, on my 2011 (AT) Urban Cruiser, I have only 12,000 klms.
    I am constantly "in traffic" between Munoz and San Jose, and ride on "soft" tires. I ride the "back roads" frequently with 4WD engaged.
    So, under the conditions, I am happy with my consumption costs.

There was a (Isuzu) thread about improving consumption costs perhaps a year ago. Try to locate it and review it. It was full of good advice.
    As I am sure you already know, lowering/improving fuel costs is more dependent on the driver than most aftermarket add-ons.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

Uncle Nick...I know it's out of topic but I also know that you can help me and other fellow tsikoteers about taking care of our rides. I own a 4x2 Isuzu DMAX LS SE 2012 MT...more or less same engine with your Alterra (correct me if i'm wrong)...now the question is, is it bad for the engine and the transmission, in the long run, if I shift to higher gear early without reaching the ideal RPM/speed? I'm doing it to minimize fuel consumption in which I think I am fairly successful. My highest km/li consumption so far is 17.8, 75% highway, 25% city driving...not bad for a 3.0 diesel ute. Anyway, any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by noygelo View Post
    Uncle Nick...I know it's out of topic but I also know that you can help me and other fellow tsikoteers about taking care of our rides. I own a 4x2 Isuzu DMAX LS SE 2012 MT...more or less same engine with your Alterra (correct me if i'm wrong)...now the question is, is it bad for the engine and the transmission, in the long run, if I shift to higher gear early without reaching the ideal RPM/speed? I'm doing it to minimize fuel consumption in which I think I am fairly successful. My highest km/li consumption so far is 17.8, 75% highway, 25% city driving...not bad for a 3.0 diesel ute. Anyway, any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

YUP, it's bad.... Do short-shifting in a manual-tranny within reasons.

Don't lug the engine to a point that you compromise also your transmission (jarring of the transmission prior to downshifting, as it's getting less hydraulic pressure to oil it) ---- you know what i mean, may mga drivers na isasagad muna nila ang lakas ng makina ng sasakyan at high gear na dinig mo nang nagshe-shake (rattle and roll ) na ang mga mga gears bago sila mag-downshift.... Same thing goes when you upshift to the next gear too early, magse-shake muna din ang transmission mo, tapos pipiitin naman ang silinyador just to compensate. i never do this at all chief, in fact, i despise drivers who do this even when they're doing it with their own cars haha!

But that's just me though ;)

Cheers!

P.S.
    The highest fuel mileage i got so far from my 2008 D-max is 17.1 km per litre in summer of 2010 ---- Metro Manila to CWC in Naga City over a distance of 425.5 kilometres

Last edited by d_mac; December 7th, 2012 at 05:55 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    YUP, it's bad.... Do short-shifting in a manual-tranny within reasons.

Don't lug the engine to a point that you compromise also your transmission (jarring of the transmission prior to downshifting, as it's getting less hydraulic pressure to oil it) ---- you know what i mean, may mga drivers na isasagad muna nila ang lakas ng makina ng sasakyan at high gear na dinig mo nang nagshe-shake (rattle and roll ) na ang mga mga gears bago sila mag-downshift.... Same thing goes when you upshift to the next gear too early, magse-shake muna din ang transmission mo, tapos pipiitin naman ang silinyador just to compensate. i never do this at all chief, in fact, i despise drivers who do this even when they're doing it with their own cars haha!

But that's just me though ;)

Cheers!

P.S.
    The highest fuel mileage i got so far from my 2008 D-max is 17.1 km per litre in summer of 2010 ---- Metro Manila to CWC in Naga City over a distance of 425.5 kilometres

I think you (different brand--same flavor) posted some excellent tables/charts on shift points some time ago.

May I suggest you point/refer our mutual friends to them.........they are a very impressive resource, as I recall.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Your advise is highly appreciated....thanks very much indeed gentlemen! Now I know what to do to conserve the life of my DMAX!..sa uulitin...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by noygelo View Post
    Your advise is highly appreciated....thanks very much indeed gentlemen! Now I know what to do to conserve the life of my DMAX!..sa uulitin...
    Don't mention it chief - thanking us.... rather the pleasure is from us.

Just pay it forward to someone who will be asking you about it.

Cheers!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Good day! Saan po kaya ako makakabili ng kca-ip202 (ipod connector) for my kenwood HU? And magkano po kaya aabutin?thanks!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Mukhang walang active sa thread ah. Tanon po sana ulit ako. Wala kasi akong mahanap sa user's manual kung anong size nung bulb sa projector hl,may nakakaalam po ba dito kung anong size nito?ang alam ko lang is its rated 55w as per manual po

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_MAHAROT View Post
    Mukhang walang active sa thread ah. Tanon po sana ulit ako. Wala kasi akong mahanap sa user's manual kung anong size nung bulb sa projector hl,may nakakaalam po ba dito kung anong size nito?ang alam ko lang is its rated 55w as per manual po
    I do not speak Tagalog, so I can only guess at what you are asking........Sorry about that!

The Alterra Urban Cruiser uses 55 watt bulbs for the projector type Halogen low beam headlights, and 65 watts for the high beams.

If this does not address your query, please repost in English, if possible.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

New Isuzu Alterra Urban Cruiser